• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jones skipping minicamp

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players in this position don’t usually return much in trades and usually third contracts that pay well work against the teams best interest, since the players want paid as if their level of play will continue thru the third contract, but the majority of the time it doesn’t.
I agree which is why I'd be cool trading him. I think you could get a decent return right now as I posted above . It's worth a shot if he's going to be a problem

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree which is why I'd be cool trading him. I think you could get a decent return right now as I posted above . It's worth a shot if he's going to be a problem
You think he’d bring a decent return? What is your idea of a decent return? Third round pick? Second round late pick?Teams don’t want to trade high picks for players with big $ demands and are aging. That gets played out ever year. Fans have stars in their eyes when guessing what a player will return in a trade.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally another decent receiver and a 1 or 2. I love JJ but receivers don't age well and with his injury history it's no guarantee he's still elite throughout this contract
A player plus a second round pick? Mmm good luck with that. You can forget getting a first.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he’d bring a decent return? What is your idea of a decent return? Third round pick? Second round late pick?Teams don’t want to trade high picks for players with big $ demands and are aging. That gets played out ever year. Fans have stars in their eyes when guessing what a player will return in a trade.
Yep. A 2 and a sub and play receiver would be ok by me. Atlanta would be fine especially if Ridley pans out

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally another decent receiver and a 1 or 2. I love JJ but receivers don't age well and with his injury history it's no guarantee he's still elite throughout this contract

I think you just eluded to why I don't think they would get as much as maybe they would like...it's not talked about much but some people feel that Julio has some type of lingering foot issue. If true and I think there is some truth to it, I think it's on his mind and could be part of the reason he's looking to have his deal looked at again.

I think they could get a mid round 1 or a high 2 for Julio...a team like BAL (yikes) or SF would jump on that.

But, the way the team is built...w/o Julio, ATL could still win 10 games, but that SB window closes the day he leaves imo...the OFC would take a big hit come playoff time I think.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you just eluded to why I don't think they would get as much as maybe they would like...it's not talked about much but some people feel that Julio has some type of lingering foot issue. If true and I think there is some truth to it, I think it's on his mind and could be part of the reason he's looking to have his deal looked at again.

I think they could get a mid round 1 or a high 2 for Julio...a team like BAL (yikes) or SF would jump on that.

But, the way the team is built...w/o Julio, ATL could still win 10 games, but that SB window closes the day he leaves imo...the OFC would take a big hit come playoff time I think.
Maybe . You'd be taking a leap of faith on Ridley but you only really even consider it if you think he's going to cause problems which is unlikely given his history

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always a handful of stars who like to sit out Mini-Camp. Really no big deal.

Sounds like right now the list is Le'Veon Bell, Julio Jones, Earl Thomas, Aaron Donald, and Khalil Mack.
Looks like Bell could form a rap group....."Seein' me and Julio, Earl, Aaron and Khalil down by the schoolyard"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No frigging way some team gives a first. Just not going to happen. Not for a player that is aging, has health questions and wants big bucks. NFL teams rarely bite on these players, rather they wait it out.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A player plus a second round pick? Mmm good luck with that. You can forget getting a first.
I think it's team dependent. Most teams wouldn't give up a 1 but there are teams who would ( SF, Balt, your team, GB) . Not really too relevant as it's unlikely JJ becomes an issue

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe . You'd be taking a leap of faith on Ridley but you only really even consider it if you think he's going to cause problems which is unlikely given his history

If I were Dimitroff, I would listen to offers, but my primary objective is trying to win a title right now so I would be more interested in paying him some more of his current contract money via a bonus for one of the two remaining years.

I don't think they would get a player that can contribute to his level or even close in a trade.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No frigging way some team gives a first. Just not going to happen. Not for a player that is aging, has health questions and wants big bucks. NFL teams rarely bite on these players, rather they wait it out.

Julio...right now I think he's looking at 3 yrs remaining and zero guaranteed money in case of injury...more money I'm sure would be welcome.

You might be right on the mid round 1st, but I wouldn't say no friggin way...we seen NFL teams trade an entire draft for a player.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio...right now I think he's looking at 3 yrs remaining and zero guaranteed money in case of injury...more money I'm sure would be welcome.

You might be right on the mid round 1st, but I wouldn't say no friggin way...we seen NFL teams trade an entire draft for a player.
Not for a WR...a aging WR...with foot issues....and not that good of a red zone target...who wants big guaranteed $.
This is the pie in the sky you see from fans of teams in this position.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get how players sitting out helps them get more money....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not for a WR...a aging WR...with foot issues....and not that good of a red zone target...who wants big guaranteed $.

The not a good RZ target is kind of a farce imo, but agree on the foot issues. I would be concerned there, but I keep saying teams have done things you wouldn't think before.

I'm not a gullible fan...I understand the market for vet players is not what their production is, but I do think a team will part with a 2nd for sure...1st round you're most likely right...but.

Last edited:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team just stretched got a 3rd round RB in round one . That's not a slight it's just reality . So you think if Atlanta had offered then Jones for that 1 they say no?? Come on man. People fall in love with picks but very few picks pan out and even fewer to the level of Jones

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team just stretched got a 3rd round RB in round one . That's not a slight it's just reality . So you think if Atlanta had offered then Jones for that 1 they say no?? Come on man. People fall in love with picks but very few picks pan out and even fewer to the level of Jones
They most certainly would of said no. They would of said Hell No. Penny won’t of been my choice, but he’ll do. He’s a workhorse that can also catch the ball. Needs to learn how to pass block, but being a safety value can work also. Your getting off track now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get how players sitting out helps them get more money....

In this case...I'm sure on some level it might, but I'm not a 100% sure this is about "more" money.

Even though he has exhausted the guaranteed money on his contract...he's still playing at a high level with 3 more yrs to go...it's rare to see a top echelon player not on a rookie contract that doesn't have any guarantees.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case...I'm sure on some level it might, but I'm not a 100% sure this is about "more" money.

Even though he has exhausted the guaranteed money on his contract...he's still playing at a high level with 3 more yrs to go...it's rare to see a top echelon player not on a rookie contract that doesn't have any guarantees.

Yes it is rare but how much do you put on the player versus the agent versus the team? I mean all 3 should take some blame for that, no?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They most certainly would of said no. They would of said Hell No. Penny won’t of been my choice, but he’ll do. He’s a workhorse that can also catch the ball. Needs to learn how to pass block, but being a safety value can work also. Your getting off track now.
Well you're the only person on the planet who wouldn't trade penny for Jones so props I guess .... lol

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're the only person on the planet who wouldn't trade penny for Jones so props I guess .... lol
Like the Seahawks have the cap space. They got their own hold out in Thomas who’s pretty damn good at his position, but like Jones, aging wanting big guarantee $ and it’s not happening. :lol: at you thinking the Seahawks would trade a workhorse for a broken down nag. Which ever team owns Jones is going to regret it, because hIs his arrow is pointing straight down and the WR position isn’t even important.