• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jon Runyan Jr Commits

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The class of '15 is off and running. Legacy recruit Jon Runyan Jr. will be Blue. His Pro Bowl/Congressman father is a Michigan alum.

He is the second commit of his class after Andrew David, 6th rated K, committed earlier this week.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that the kid of the Eagles Runyan from years past?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Runyan was a beloved Titan too. A mountain of a man. Is the kid as big?

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this kid has sound technique but needs to get a lot bigger to play tackle where his athleticism would shine... if he doesn't get big enough can always be a TE... solid pickup.

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touch the Banner, indicates Jr. is a technically sound, good feet, a knee-bender, shows skill-set as a blind-side protector, co-ordinates well with line-mate in scheme. IOW's he's well coached (considering that he dad kinda has a clue about OL play that's no surprise) , and is coachable (not all kids are, even from good blood-lines).

Down-side, a bit under-weight, under-developed upper body strength. But both of those can come in the weight-room, and he's class of '15 so he's still a babe, and there's time to grow in ht/ wt/ strength. Lacks nastiness, tends not to play to the echo of the whistle.

If he ends up lacking in ht / length, he could play inside. I see no down-side to the kid at this point in time. Where he ends up over the next two seasons of H.S. ball... well, we'll see.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ran into Runyan Sr. in Key West a few years back (way before the PSU issues)... Shook his hand (it swallowed mine) introduced myself and said I was from Penn State. He shook his head and said in a deep voice "I'm sorry about that, we weren't very nice to you when I was there. Let me and the boys buy you a beer".. He was hanging out with the entire Eagles offensive line & I ended up drinking with them for a few hours. Great guy, even greater hangover.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Tyrone Wheatleys son in the mix?

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seem to recall something about the Jr. Wheatley being offered at TE. But, it could be that's he's being considered, not yet offered.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ty Jr is being considered on the defensive side of the ball as a DE. He has an offer from Michigan.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touch the Banner, indicates Jr. is a technically sound, good feet, a knee-bender, shows skill-set as a blind-side protector, co-ordinates well with line-mate in scheme. IOW's he's well coached (considering that he dad kinda has a clue about OL play that's no surprise) , and is coachable (not all kids are, even from good blood-lines).

Down-side, a bit under-weight, under-developed upper body strength. But both of those can come in the weight-room, and he's class of '15 so he's still a babe, and there's time to grow in ht/ wt/ strength. Lacks nastiness, tends not to play to the echo of the whistle.

If he ends up lacking in ht / length, he could play inside. I see no down-side to the kid at this point in time. Where he ends up over the next two seasons of H.S. ball... well, we'll see.

Magnus at TTB is a very reliable source, if you want honest player evaluations from someone who knows what he is talking about, that is the site to visit...

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB is a very reliable source,

Good to have confirmation. The thing I dig most about the posters here is your usually about 2 days ahead of everyone else. If the site's recommended here, I take that as a positive.

I went looking for what I'd read on Ty, Jr. being a TE, turns out it was on TTB. But, I suspect that he'll be given 1st shot at his position of preference. In the highlight film I watched (only caught about half of it) he seemed not to get blocked much when he was on D. It'll be interesting to see him develop and grow into his body thru the rest of his HS career.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Runyan is an awesome signee IMO. He doesnt have the weight yet but thats not really an issue. He can easily bulk up to 300 lb's in few years. His dad was an awesome athlete from the old Big 9. Another Big 9 guy graduated the same year was also a long time NFL player. That would be an old friend of mine Davison grad and former Lion Barry Stokes. Barry played TE and DE and graduated at about 220. After 4 years at EMU he was 300. Long story short he will get bigger.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you go to school chief