• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny football

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see the game or highlights from the Texas A&M game. I was listening to the radio on the ride back to PA from South Bend Sunday and the way the media was talking, you would think that his actions were so egregious that he should be suspended. After seeing the highlights this morning.......really? Really? Rice DB was taking, Johnny walked away and the Rice player kept smack-talking to him so he turned and pointed to the scoreboard, really, come on. The Rice player made the gesture of signing an autograph and Johnny makes the gesture back, come on. I don't care for Johnny football or Texas A&M but the media has really played this up in my opinion, didn't see much wrong with his Reactions to the Rice players enticing him.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media plays up everything, it's for better or worse, in their nature.

JM however, he's only bringing it on himself. What did poor li'l Johnny think that he WASN'T going to get some flack and in-game smack from players? If he thinks that Rice players are the only ones who are going to incite him this year, he's truly delusional. The dude arguably shouldn't even be on the field. You suspend him for a 1/2 game, which means he did something wrong otherwise there's no punishment at all, but then only a 1/2 game because it couldn't be proven that he signed for money? Something stinks. I speaking only for myself will tell you flat-out there is no way in hell, even if my dad was rich, that I'd go to some hotel room with a guy that's got 1,500 items that he plans to sell by-way of my name being signed on it and I'm not going to get ANY cut at all out of it. Just no way in hell man. I don't care if it was agreed that he'd be paid after he leaves college, whatever... there's some 4,500 items now on the market that wouldn't have been there otherwise and this guy expects us to believe he didn't get any form of compensation? No, we're not all that stupid or gullible and he should only expect to hear more and more jabs directed his way. Sometimes, hell, a lot of times, Justice isn't served up by a judge or an arbitrator. That's how things like Poetic Justice get their names. Johnny Manziel has no one to blame but JM, not the media because he was all to happy to receive the Pub and the case could be argued that he seeks the attention.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this comes out is when the IRS shows up at his door because he failed to report the income on his taxes for this year.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media plays up everything, it's for better or worse, in their nature.

JM however, he's only bringing it on himself. What did poor li'l Johnny think that he WASN'T going to get some flack and in-game smack from players? If he thinks that Rice players are the only ones who are going to incite him this year, he's truly delusional. The dude arguably shouldn't even be on the field. You suspend him for a 1/2 game, which means he did something wrong otherwise there's no punishment at all, but then only a 1/2 game because it couldn't be proven that he signed for money? Something stinks. I speaking only for myself will tell you flat-out there is no way in hell, even if my dad was rich, that I'd go to some hotel room with a guy that's got 1,500 items that he plans to sell by-way of my name being signed on it and I'm not going to get ANY cut at all out of it. Just no way in hell man. I don't care if it was agreed that he'd be paid after he leaves college, whatever... there's some 4,500 items now on the market that wouldn't have been there otherwise and this guy expects us to believe he didn't get any form of compensation? No, we're not all that stupid or gullible and he should only expect to hear more and more jabs directed his way. Sometimes, hell, a lot of times, Justice isn't served up by a judge or an arbitrator. That's how things like Poetic Justice get their names. Johnny Manziel has no one to blame but JM, not the media because he was all to happy to receive the Pub and the case could be argued that he seeks the attention.

I like this .... couldnt have said it better myself. Spoiled, rich kid who just keeps getting away with ... being a spoiled, rich kid.

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you at all, he has brought all of the attention upon himself. I'm just referencing the over reaction to his actions on the field Saturday against Rice. I thought he b*tch slapped he coach and stood over an oppent and taunted him the way it was talked about on the radio. I've seen more taunting and trash talking go unflagged in just about every game. I can see a couple extra late shots coming in the Alabama game, and I hope the refs call it straight up. He's going to be targeted all year, but its not like he had a "Riley Cooper moment," or is involved in sexual assault or r*pe case....however he is in the SEC....

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a surprise to me that the media played it out the way they did. But I like how he handled himself. I liked the show boating he did

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonny football will be a Top 10 pick this year(if he leaves). People need to realize he is a young man that needs to grow up a little. Talent wise he has it.