• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Johnny Football Breaking into the CFL?

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we about to see the birth of Johnny Canadian Football? Johnny Manziel worked out for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, according to Justin Dunk of The Hamilton Spectator.

The workout took place in Florida in January, according to sources familiar with the situation. If that’s accurate, then Saskatchewan could face league discipline since Manziel’s CFL negotiation rights are held by Hamilton Tiger-Cats. For what it’s worth, Roughriders GM/coach Chris Jones denied that the team has made contact with Manziel.

NFL Rumors - ProFootballRumors.com

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Montréal.......

Give me a reason to hate them.........

wYkU5Yn.gif

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably about the only way he could ever think about getting back into the NFL. Go show you can stay clean and sharpen your skills elsewhere and if you prove that for a few years who knows.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already smarter than Tebow, who remains stubborn.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already smarter than Tebow, who remains stubborn.

Agree...As much as I appreciate what Tebow did in his one year of starting for the Broncos he definitely did not make great decisions after that season...

Broncos gave him the choice of going to the Jets or Jaguars as both were offering similar trade compensation. In fact the Jaguars were offering the worse of the 2 deals but Broncos wanted to do right by Tebow. So instead of choosing the team that needed a starting QB and a fanbase that would have built him a statue before he even took a snap he chose the Jets where he would ride the bench.

Then when cut and told by multiple teams to go to the CFL or something similar and hone his QB skills he chose to go be a media guy. Can't sit here and keep saying that you are doing everything possible to be a starting QB in the NFL then ignore the very advice multiple teams are giving you.

So at least have to applaud this move by Manziel. He hasn't done much right but this right here if he does catch on with one of the teams would be a great move for him.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow can't play in the CFL. The CFL is a PASSING LEAGUE.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow can't play in the CFL. The CFL is a PASSING LEAGUE.

That's why teams wanted him to go the CFL though so that he would be forced to pass. I can understand why he didn't want to go though because it would have just highlighted all the more how he just can't cut it beyond the college level.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why teams wanted him to go the CFL though so that he would be forced to pass. I can understand why he didn't want to go though because it would have just highlighted all the more how he just can't cut it beyond the college level.

Yeah, I get that, but CFL teams can't just punt on a season to develop Tebow as someone who can hit the broad side of a barn.

Why not give some guy out of the Big Sky conference who CAN make all the throws, the development time? You might sell a few initial tickets, but CFL fans like fans anywhere want to win.

He throws some of those dying quails, a few worm burners, stack up a few losses, and any initial ticket bump you might get is gone.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get that, but CFL teams can't just punt on a season to develop Tebow as someone who can hit the broad side of a barn.

Why not give some guy out of the Big Sky conference who CAN make all the throws, the development time? You might sell a few initial tickets, but CFL fans like fans anywhere want to win.

He throws some of those dying quails, a few worm burners, stack up a few losses, and any initial ticket bump you might get is gone.

Good point. I just know that is what a few teams told him when he tried to see if he could make a 90-man roster. He needs a place where he can develop an actual NFL style game not some gimmick from college. And for Tebow he just wasn't willing to put himself out there like that in all honesty because I think he thought he would fail.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I just know that is what a few teams told him when he tried to see if he could make a 90-man roster. He needs a place where he can develop an actual NFL style game not some gimmick from college. And for Tebow he just wasn't willing to put himself out there like that in all honesty because I think he thought he would fail.

Right, and I think you're 100% correct.

He'd fail even harder at the CFL, because he can't even dream of throwing the ball all over that gigantic fucking field.

I guess you could make the non QB argument, but the money he makes playing any other position in the CFL ain't going to be worth his time.

I always thought a guy like Seneca Wallace would have benefitted hugely from some time in the CFL, but he was making more riding the pine in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and I think you're 100% correct.

He'd fail even harder at the CFL, because he can't even dream of throwing the ball all over that gigantic fucking field.

I guess you could make the non QB argument, but the money he makes playing any other position in the CFL ain't going to be worth his time.

I always thought a guy like Seneca Wallace would have benefitted hugely from some time in the CFL, but he was making more riding the pine in the NFL.

Well for Tebow right now I'm sure he is making plenty working for the SEC Media and then doing his TV shows and such. So for him financially I"m sure it made more sense to keep doing what he is doing. I just hate now every time they ask him about playing QB in the NFL and he says something along the lines of "I'm still working for that dream and doing everything possible to accomplish that dream." IF that were true either he steps away from the media and goes and works with some great QB coach that is willing to be honest with him of where he is at and where he needs to get to or he needs to try and catch on with one of these teams and build up that experience. Playing catch in your backyard with your family and then maybe going to a QB coach for a couple of weeks a year isn't going to cut it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. He can buy about $1.30+ of Canadian dollars for his US dollars, which equals an approximate 30% more boos/drugs intake.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must be running out of party money....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Johnny has a long & successful CFL career. It'll be payback for letting Justin Beeber into the United States.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we about to see the birth of Johnny Canadian Football? Johnny Manziel worked out for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, according to Justin Dunk of The Hamilton Spectator.

The workout took place in Florida in January, according to sources familiar with the situation. If that’s accurate, then Saskatchewan could face league discipline since Manziel’s CFL negotiation rights are held by Hamilton Tiger-Cats. For what it’s worth, Roughriders GM/coach Chris Jones denied that the team has made contact with Manziel.

NFL Rumors - ProFootballRumors.com

It may be difficult for him to get a work permit in Canada given his domestic violence and DUI past.

Any Canadians that can weigh on on that?

@Center Ice ?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may be difficult for him to get a work permit in Canada given his domestic violence and DUI past.

Any Canadians that can weigh on on that?

@Center Ice ?
An American with a criminal record would ordinarily be deemed inadmissible to Canada unless a "Temporary Resident Permit Deemed Rehabilitated" is issued. This of course would require politics which in this case could happen. For the ordinary man on the street, fagetaboutit!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An American with a criminal record would ordinarily be deemed inadmissible to Canada unless a "Temporary Resident Permit Deemed Rehabilitated" is issued. This of course would require politics which in this case could happen. For the ordinary man on the street, fagetaboutit!

If Johnny makes it in the CFL his new name will be Johnny Canada.:canada: