• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Wall is a jerk

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I guess that shows that John Wall is clueless of anything beyond an NBA locker room, if nothing else

Funny story about stuff being relative.

I'm 6'2". All of my life, folks have said I'm tall.

Years ago, I used to play in basketball leagues.

A friend of mine and I went to work for the same company which happened to have a basketball team that the company sponsored and that played in a really good league that had a lot of former college players and I think even a couple of guys who had a cup of coffee in the NBA.

So, my friend (who was like 5'7") meets a few of them and starts telling them about me and how I'm tall and can play. So, they ask to meet me.

He finds me and brings me over to meet them.

Every one of these guys is 6'6" to 6'9."

They look at me and say "He's not very big" and walk away.

I look at him and ask..."What did you tell them"?

He says "I told them you were pretty tall and could play."

I said "Of course I'm tall to you...you're like 5'7".

Needless to say...I didn't play on that team. lol

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wall is a blowhard. Not new news tho................sorry

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I have a personal John Wall experience that could shed some light on why he comes off like a jerk sometimes.

Years ago, I was working a 5 star basketball camp that Wall attended shortly after jumping to #1 on the Rivals top 100 list. Every player at the camp stayed in the dorms, except Wall. He stayed in a nearby hotel with one of his AAU coaches.

Every morning, Wall would arrive about an hour into morning stations where everyone else was working. He would slowly walk across the gym wearing his slides and sit in a chair while his "coach", a grown man, would put Wall's shoes on his feet and tie them for him.

I have never seen a 17 year old so ridiculously coddled.

That said, I also have a couple acquaintances who know Wall personally and they say he is a decent guy. I guess it just depends on when you catch him.

He did lose his father early as well, after being in prison for much of John's childhood. Not an excuse for sure, but background info...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny story about stuff being relative.

I'm 6'2". All of my life, folks have said I'm tall.

Years ago, I used to play in basketball leagues.

A friend of mine and I went to work for the same company which happened to have a basketball team that the company sponsored and that played in a really good league that had a lot of former college players and I think even a couple of guys who had a cup of coffee in the NBA.

So, my friend (who was like 5'7") meets a few of them and starts telling them about me and how I'm tall and can play. So, they ask to meet me.

He finds me and brings me over to meet them.

Every one of these guys is 6'6" to 6'9."

They look at me and say "He's not very big" and walk away.

I look at him and ask..."What did you tell them"?

He says "I told them you were pretty tall and could play."

I said "Of course I'm tall to you...you're like 5'7".

Needless to say...I didn't play on that team. lol

I know what you mean. I'm 6'3 and went to a school basketball camp during the summer, but never went out for the team. I would've been the tallest guy on the roster and forced to play center, lol.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I have a personal John Wall experience that could shed some light on why he comes off like a jerk sometimes.

Years ago, I was working a 5 star basketball camp that Wall attended shortly after jumping to #1 on the Rivals top 100 list. Every player at the camp stayed in the dorms, except Wall. He stayed in a nearby hotel with one of his AAU coaches.

Every morning, Wall would arrive about an hour into morning stations where everyone else was working. He would slowly walk across the gym wearing his slides and sit in a chair while his "coach", a grown man, would put Wall's shoes on his feet and tie them for him.

I have never seen a 17 year old so ridiculously coddled.

That said, I also have a couple acquaintances who know Wall personally and they say he is a decent guy. I guess it just depends on when you catch him.

John Wall: A letter to my dad

If you read this article you will see that Wall himself labeled him as basically a jerk in HS which is about the same timeframe that you are describing. He appears to have changed quite a bit. Beyond catching people at various times people also do change - sometimes dramatically - as they age.

I would add that I would like to meet more "jerks" like Wall who 1. give $400k watches to all of his teammates for Christmas 2. give lots of time to charity & 3. appear to be pretty unselfish on the court. Like most people I am sure that he has his good and bad pts.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wall: A letter to my dad

If you read this article you will see that Wall himself labeled him as basically a jerk in HS which is about the same timeframe that you are describing. He appears to have changed quite a bit. Beyond catching people at various times people also do change - sometimes dramatically - as they age.

I would add that I would like to meet more "jerks" like Wall who 1. give $400k watches to all of his teammates for Christmas 2. give lots of time to charity & 3. appear to be pretty unselfish on the court. Like most people I am sure that he has his good and bad pts.

This may not have come off as I intended,

But part of my point in telling this story was to illustrate that if he does act like a jerk occasionally, he came out pretty good considering how he was treated as a teenager.

That garbage I witnessed at camp was not really on wall. It was on the adult who was enabling him. Most 17 year olds will take advantage if adults afford them special treatment.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may not have come off as I intended,

But part of my point in telling this story was to illustrate that if he does act like a jerk occasionally, he came out pretty good considering how he was treated as a teenager.

That garbage I witnessed at camp was not really on wall. It was on the adult who was enabling him. Most 17 year olds will take advantage if adults afford them special treatment.

Understand - I think that you made a very valid pt. Perhaps at the current time Wall has made some mistakes, but IMO they are trivial compared to those of certain other players & the guy does a lot for the community & is appears to display a loyalty to his team that is rare it today's NBA. Again - if that is being a jerk then we need more jerks.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philanthropic John Wall Wins NBA's Community Assist Award

Yep - what a jerk. Donating tons of $$ & time to children's charities, high school teams, homeless groups & also bringing awareness to several organizations - at the same time giving huge gifts to his teammates & trying to improve the team. Sure - throwing that word out against Barea was uncalled for & a mistake, but it doesn't define Wall.

As far as not being like by his teammates? Big deal - honestly I would not shed a tear if all of them except for Beal (& perhaps Porter or Oubre) were traded or cut tomorrow. They are the most inconsistent, poorly performing group in the NBA & you can see this on any given nt. Time for that team to consider some serious changes moving fwd.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand - I think that you made a very valid pt. Perhaps at the current time Wall has made some mistakes, but IMO they are trivial compared to those of certain other players & the guy does a lot for the community & is appears to display a loyalty to his team that is rare it today's NBA. Again - if that is being a jerk then we need more jerks.

Agreed.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - he is now out for possibly 2 months.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what happens to jerks...karma gets em in the end.
Really? When's karma gonna take down Trump? Even if you voted for the guy, he's kind of the textbook definition of a jerk.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what happens to jerks...karma gets em in the end.

What stupid thing to post. So I guess that Gordon Hayward & Kawhi Leonard are also jerks. Get real - injuries occur in the NBA to all types of people.

In any case - thus far Wizards are making the best of it by winning 5 in a row w/o him. I am sure that this won't last much longer but it would be good if they can at least minimize the damage during Wall's absence. It will also allow their bench to develop somewhat.