• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

john pelphrey

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. Donovan has a solid coaching tree out there but for some reason Pelphrey didnt succeed. Hopefully he doesnt jump at the first job and takes the right one...when it comes along.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
succeeded enough at south bama to get the arky gig. Had one good complete season with the hogs too, the others his teams went in tank late in season. how is his recruiting acumen?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea...sadly I follow football recruiting much closer

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas was more a combination of having a bunch of Thugs where he couldn't gain their respect and a fan base who believes that they should get back to the final four and relive their Nolan Richardson days any year now.

Having moved here in 2008... this has to be one of the worst fan bases around when it comes to "expectations"

Bottom line, they should have given Pelphrey another 1-2 years to see what he could do recruiting wise. Also the people here need to understand they are recruiting against the big time programs all around them.. so it won't get any easier.

I hope Pelphrey stays at Florida as long as Billy is there, but that won't happen. If the Gators make a deep run again this year like many think we can... he is gone next year IMO.