• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Fox sucks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Count me in the Fox should be fired camp. In fact, fire him now, elevate Fangii, give him a trial run.

Is it realistic to think Fox could be fired over the next few weeks if things really go south?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it realistic to think Fox could be fired over the next few weeks if things really go south?
Losing to Green Bay on Sunday was unacceptable, even more so coming off a bye.

Personal bias aside, his ass would have been gone Monday morning if it were me in charge. And I don't think that is unreasonable. His team has shriveled at even the slightest glimpse of success. His tenure here has been defined by winning a big game against a superior team, immediately followed by shitting the bed the next week against an inferior team.

We need a coach that will sodomize Mike McCarthey and then shit on his chest when done. Until that, I don't care who is their QB. Aaron Rodgers Schmodgers...it's Mike McCarthy that has our number.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the plan was to bring Trubisky along slowly, but most teams taking a QB that coming off a bad season would start with a clean slate.

I mean why start Trub with a staff that may or may not be there the following year?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was our year, so I don't know who you're telling. I predicted that we'd win 7-8 games, and still pretty much stick by that.

We do have far too much talent defensively to skid our way to another 4-5 win finish though.

That loss was terrible. Now, we'll pull our typical BS and beat Detroit Sunday. Just to keep stringing me along.
This team has talent, but it’s the wrong time right now. Next year is the year we start getting to the playoffs. Like i said we should do last year, we should get as many losses as possible. Last year i was wanting a qb in the draft, and we got one. This year i am not so big on getting a top 3 pick. We can get good players after the first few picks. However, you got to think long term. In the long term, this team would be better off with a 5 win season this year than an 8-8 season. Next year is when i will get upset at losses. This year we don’t even have a receiver that can get open and a young qb the OC obviously doesn’t trust. You aren’t going to win many games that way. We may have a good team everywhere other than these two areas, but you have to at least have a vertical threat to win games. Even the 05 bears had Muhammad and Berrian.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team in the history of the league has collectively "tanked" the season on purpose, IMO, and I am just not hardwired to root for them to lose. That shit is weird, IMO.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the plan was to bring Trubisky along slowly, but most teams taking a QB that coming off a bad season would start with a clean slate.

I mean why start Trub with a staff that may or may not be there the following year?

I guess when I hear, "Bring him along slowly.", I think more of letting him learn from the bench and not, putting him out there to play but not letting him do anything, which is what this looks like...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just here to defend Foxy he does not suck.

He blows. Totally different.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats when you get the he said she said crap. Part of development is reading defenses and changing plays. I dont want this to start next year.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a stat that a radio talking head keeps repeating- That Fox has only been FAVORED to win 6 games in his Bears tenure...and he's lost all of them.
I honestly don't know if that stat is true or just a talking point on sports radio...but it's pretty telling to me.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox didn`t challenge that catch from EJ Jones.........We have nothing to lose at this point in time of the season......Challenge it for chrysakes!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox didn`t challenge that catch from EJ Jones.........We have nothing to lose at this point in time of the season......Challenge it for chrysakes!!!

Yup...would've been 3rd and 12 instead of 1st and 10.

Kyle Long is fucking retarded. His stupidity ultimately led to 7 for Detroit, and IMO allowed them back in the game emotionally. Bears were dominating both sides at that point. I realize the O answered back with a big score of their own after that but still.

Also, when Fuller exited for a couple of series..Marcus Cooper was worked like 5 dollar whore. He killed us. Our D fell off the map there in the 2nd.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-30 as our head coach.

I still think we're going 9-7, but the sh*tf*cks in Vegas will probably put the odds on us having our 5th straight losing season.

Whatever. We're going to the playoffs next season. Super Bowl in 2019-2020.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-30 as our head coach.

I still think we're going 9-7, but the sh*tf*cks in Vegas will probably put the odds on us having our 5th straight losing season.

Whatever. We're going to the playoffs next season. Super Bowl in 2019-2020.
tenor.gif

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get his ass out of there and let Loggains coach the rest the way.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Loggains and not Fangio? Just seems like Loggains has no stones to stand up to him or he is the one handcuffing Trubisky

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Loggains and not Fangio? Just seems like Loggains has no stones to stand up to him or he is the one handcuffing Trubisky

I'd be ok with either, over Fox.

The Bears need to keep Fangio at DC, and bring in someone that can culture the Offense at HC.

I think Loggains need to hit the road too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be ok with either, over Fox.

The Bears need to keep Fangio at DC, and bring in someone that can culture the Offense at HC.

I think Loggains need to hit the road too.

I just hope Fangio isn't looking for a HC job, as he could probably land one. However, I feel that if he was, he'd have one by now. After what he did in SF.

We're not firing Fox right now. However, it IS going to happen, just be patient. We've never fired a HC mid-season, and if it didn't happen with Trestman... it ain't happening now.

We play our final regular season game on New Year's Eve, at Minnesota. When it comes time to turn the calendar's over to 2018. John Fox will begin the New Year unemployed. I would assume, entering retirement as well...

I respect John Fox. He had a very commendable head coaching career. He pulled off two very impressive/quick turnaround jobs in Carolina and Denver. Carolina, in particular, was a damn wasteland. He rallied them straight to the Super Bowl, and damn near beat Brady/BB to win it.

However, like Jeff Fisher and a handful of other coaches who had success in the "yester-years" of the "run-first/smash-mouth" years of the NFL (pre-2010's, in general). The landscape of the NFL changed, and they failed to adjust. The game just passed John Fox by.