• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Elway

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think all these coaching changes just fell together organically after VJ was hired. VJ, McCoy, Musgrave, Davidson - that combination looks like the product of the John Elway GM arts. It is still amazing just how aggressive John Elway can be. Does anyone really think VJ went out and hired these guys?

I think it is impressive to get an OC - QB and an Oline coach who have all previously been OCs - all having worked together a various times in the past - the chemistry should be there from past association, but this is a very impressive group of coaches on top of that. If you wanted to fix the direction of the offense - it is very hard to fault these moves as a first step.

Even trading out Wade Phillips for Joe Woods as the DC - protects the franchise in the long term - as Woods would have definitely been gone from the team this year for a DC opening around the league.

I don't think things happen accidently in John Elway's world - and this is a thing of beauty so far.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very few teams can overhaul a coaching staff and still be competing for a playoff spot
Denver has that opportunity next year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what we are seeing with this coaching staff. Many of us have said from the beginning that the Head Coach might not be as important as that of who we get as Coordinators and others. Well so far we have gotten a very experienced very proven group of coaches.

My one big worry is just how are these guys going to all work together? When we last overhauled the coaching staff most had worked with Kubiak at some point so it made the transition much smoother. Thankfully with the defensive staff for the most part staying put I do think that side of the ball shouldn't have too much trouble but just seeing how this unit will be unified is something I'm very interested to see.

And yes I do agree @Mingo that this is in big part because of Elway. I mean look at the coaches we have hired. Most coaches like to bring people that have worked under them with them. Some of the defensive staff has worked with Joseph but the offensive side has mostly been people Elway has worked with as a player or GM.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good observation Mingo and you would have to think that one of the most important part of these hirings would certainly be how these guys will work in cohesion with each other and that is what Elway knows is essential in continuing to maintain the success the Broncos organization strives for. Whether these hirings and future additions pan out, is still yet to be seen. Hoping these guys gel completely and bring another championship Denver's way for the foreseeable future.