• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Elway, is he the next Rams' GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is this just leverage on his part?

John Elway linked to the Rams as the President of Football Operations

Maybe Stan makes him an offer he can't refuse, like a piece of the pie!

So Rams fans, John is certainly an upgrade over Les, has ties to Wade and Kronke but do you think/want it to happen?

Does Les go? Does Kevin go?

Maybe both?

What are your thoughts?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway is a Denver guy. The day the Rams relocate to Denver is the day he'll become interested in the Rams. Until then there is no offer he couldn't refuse.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Florio? Blah.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not surprised by anything in the NFL with these days of mega bucks and corporate and PC bullshit and a commissioner that behaves like a common neighborhood whore!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway is a Denver guy. The day the Rams relocate to Denver is the day he'll become interested in the Rams. Until then there is no offer he couldn't refuse.
Hey buddy! Good to see you around these parts...

Some form of Ownership offered along with an Executive position could just be an offer he couldn't refuse....

He does have ties to LA going back to his High School years where he played both Baseball and Football at Granada Hills High, which of course is in the city of Los Angeles. Plus he owns a couple of Toyota Dealerships here in LA too.

Honestly, if he is just using Stan to force Pat Bowlen's hand, I think it's a good play.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just being reported today that Denver intends to make Elway the highest paid GM. Elway is staying in Denver.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meant to say the Bowlen family, ironically I forgot...:rolleyes2:
I am offended by this joke and by this thread. I believe there is a .0000000002% chance that Elway does not stay in Denver. This estimate does not factor in the fact that I would probably have to stab somebody if that happened.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am offended by this joke and by this thread. I believe there is a .0000000002% chance that Elway does not stay in Denver. This estimate does not factor in the fact that I would probably have to stab somebody if that happened.

:heh:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams should hire Eric Dickerson as their GM. He recently stated this:

Eric Dickerson: Sean Mannion, not Jared Goff, should start for Rams
I guess this can be looked at as a reason not to bring ED in even in a scouting position.

Sean does have the all time passing yards for the PAC12, a noteworthy accomplishment when you consider Aikman, Rodgers, Elway and many other NFL QB's have played in the Conference of Champions. But he was at Oregon State for 5 years, red shirting his first year and then starting all four years. This should be a red flag, because with his size, and with all the NFL scouts out there, none of those guys saw him as an early round QB. As a matter of fact he was projected to go in the 4th or 5th, it's just the Rams picked him in the third, hoping they could find gold where no one else was looking.

Here's an interesting stat on Goff, where Sean holds the all time passing yards record, Jared set the all time TD single season record at 43 (Now tied with Browning as of last season) Even with the tie, I'm still more impressed with Goff's record because he did it with a lousy Cal team as opposed to Browning who did it with a lot of talent around him on both sides of the ball, which means with the stellar defense under Peterson, Browning was getting more drives in per game. Also with their cupcake OOC schedule, the Huskies needed some style points to help their chances to play in the College Playoffs as a top 4 team, so he didn't sit out too many 4th Quarters ala Mariota at Oregon.

This means Goff was throwing the ball playing from behind when teams knew he was going to throw the ball. Sure you can rack up some yards playing from behind, but TD's? Not so much.

Jared played three seasons, starting as a true freshman, and still with all that time at Oregon State, 5 years, Sean never had a higher passer efficiency rating outside of Goff's true freshman year.

As a matter of fact Jared threw for 13 more TD's in three years at Cal than Sean threw in four years at Oregon State (Who was not great, but had decent teams outside of 2013 where the Beavers had a great year with a 10+ win season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams hired Brian Xanders to work with Snead as they both worked together with the Falcons. I don't know the value of this move and the Rams brought along another Detroit Lions employee, QB Orlovsky, for a third string position. That is a wasted roster spot IMO. Just go with Goff and Mannion for cryin-out-loud!

What to make of the Rams adding a new quarterback and executive

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams hired Brian Xanders to work with Snead as they both worked together with the Falcons. I don't know the value of this move and the Rams brought along another Detroit Lions employee, QB Orlovsky, for a third string position. That is a wasted roster spot IMO. Just go with Goff and Mannion for cryin-out-loud!

What to make of the Rams adding a new quarterback and executive
IDK RR, having an experienced camp arm working with fringe WR's may help in figuring out who makes the PS and who doesn't.

I gotta believe, that the Rams will only carry 2 QB's (Goff & Mannion) on the 53 man roster when it comes time to cut down to 53.

Good thing about cuts this year, they wont be cutting to 75, it will go straight from 90 to 53.

NFL owners eliminate first roster cut-down period

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny on this line Vita: "Good thing about cuts this year, they wont be cutting to 75, it will go straight from 90 to 53."

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny on this line Vita: "Good thing about cuts this year, they wont be cutting to 75, it will go straight from 90 to 53."
Huh.gif~c200

Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.