• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

John Daly is wearing SpongeBob SquarePants trousers at Open

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Daly, a troll among professional golfers, wore Spongebob Squarepants trousers at the British Open. Daly is now my personal choice to win the Open. Not because of his golfing ability, but because of his pure heart.

SdJIJL9.jpg

While many are outraged lets not forget.

article-0-01F8B81000000578-857_634x415.jpg

Give%2Bthe%2BFuck.jpg

I like him for golf i really do.

:lol:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw him up close and personal while working the Deutsche Bank Championship... There isn't a dude more unkempt or looking completely out of it then he... But his golf game is amazing!

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw him up close and personal while working the Deutsche Bank Championship... There isn't a dude more unkempt or looking completely out of it then he... But his golf game is amazing!

This must be the secret to being a good golfer. Being fat and a degenerate.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to bet those are his pajamas and he just forgot to take them off.

Those little bottles in the min bar pack more of a punch then you think.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget the name of the company, but that's one the few sponsors JD has now...yes I think he gets paid to wear that stuff.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love Daly. When the media ask him why he doesn't clean up his act, he responds with such refreshing honesty...

...that he doesn't want to.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta love John Daly he doesnt give a shit what anyone thinks

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how good he could have been if he had his shit together.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a copy of his book, "Golf my own damn way." It's part of why I got into the game in the first place. Just seems like a regular guy that you'd enjoy splitting a pitcher with.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daly was/is an extremely talented player, but I think those majors went to his head big time...he thought he could just overpower every course and people talked about his short game feel being so good...imo it was avg for a tour player.

The good ole boy, straight shooter attitude is probably what endeared him to so many (golf's version of Charles Barkley)...Combine that with an addictive personality and being terrible judge of character when it came to women...he was just a ticking time bomb that was eventually going to to blowup.

That said, he got 2 majors and doubtful he'll ever have to work a real job...If his body can hold up long enough to make it on the cash cow tour, he'll keep making money playing golf.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daly was/is an extremely talented player, but I think those majors went to his head big time...he thought he could just overpower every course and people talked about his short game feel being so good...imo it was avg for a tour player.

The good ole boy, straight shooter attitude is probably what endeared him to so many (golf's version of Charles Barkley)...Combine that with an addictive personality and being terrible judge of character when it came to women...he was just a ticking time bomb that was eventually going to to blowup.

That said, he got 2 majors and doubtful he'll ever have to work a real job...If his body can hold up long enough to make it on the cash cow tour, he'll keep making money playing golf.

Even if he is off the tour he has plenty of ways of making $$ (including those pants). I believe that he has in past arranged for tee times (perhaps at his own course) where he charges corporate types $10k each just to play a round of golf with him. Not bad.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - you certainly won't have to worry about looking at him or his loud pants on Sat or Sun...

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how good he could have been if he had his shit together.

well THIS is the thing about the guy. He has made a lot of money being what he is , the exact opposite of what we expect from the Country Club crowd. He's a legend for being all he is OFF the course but at what cost ? Just consider for a minute how much talent is required to keep yourself on the tour for as long as he has. Here's a guy who sleeps in his car , wakes up and shoots 69 anywhere in the world on any given day. Sure he's made a lot of money being John Daly but how much did he lose by not taking advantage of that kind of talent? If he ever got serious(too late now) he could have been an incredible golfer IMO and made a shitload of money. All he had to do was clean up enough to be Craig Stadler and he could have made zillions and won a lot of tournaments. Instead he remained a disgusting pig who's act long ago wore out. It's too bad. The good news for him is he isn't smart enough to regret it all one day. If he was smart enough to understand what he's done it would kill him.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well THIS is the thing about the guy. He has made a lot of money being what he is , the exact opposite of what we expect from the Country Club crowd. He's a legend for being all he is OFF the course but at what cost ? Just consider for a minute how much talent is required to keep yourself on the tour for as long as he has. Here's a guy who sleeps in his car , wakes up and shoots 69 anywhere in the world on any given day. Sure he's made a lot of money being John Daly but how much did he lose by not taking advantage of that kind of talent? If he ever got serious(too late now) he could have been an incredible golfer IMO and made a shitload of money. All he had to do was clean up enough to be Craig Stadler and he could have made zillions and won a lot of tournaments. Instead he remained a disgusting pig who's act long ago wore out. It's too bad. The good news for him is he isn't smart enough to regret it all one day. If he was smart enough to understand what he's done it would kill him.

I think you are pretty much spot on here. :agree:

I've met Daly. He genuinely is a good guy. The guy you see on tv is who he is. Rare that you can say that about some of these guys.

Talent wise he had it. Short game wise (way overlooked with him) he had it. But he made mistakes and he suffered for them. Glad to see the guy get what he can though.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked John. What you see is what you get with him and most of the mistakes for him were the ones that the crime was the punishment. He'll be a good shot in the arm for the champions tour. I'll be going to the Boeing classic just to check him out. Those dudes can still go long. 10th hole at Snoqualmie is an uphill with a shelf to the right at about 200 yards out at least 50 feet above the tee. These 50+ year old men are swinging hybrids and long irons and just dropping it right on it, and it isn't a big shelf either. Just amazing to watch those guys up close.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked John. What you see is what you get with him and most of the mistakes for him were the ones that the crime was the punishment. He'll be a good shot in the arm for the champions tour. I'll be going to the Boeing classic just to check him out. Those dudes can still go long. 10th hole at Snoqualmie is an uphill with a shelf to the right at about 200 yards out at least 50 feet above the tee. These 50+ year old men are swinging hybrids and long irons and just dropping it right on it, and it isn't a big shelf either. Just amazing to watch those guys up close.

Even though I'm old enough to be on the Champions Tour for several years now, I still don't really like the tour much. With no cut it's just a cash grab for pros, but the guys can absolutely play. Certainly proof that you don't need a textbook Adams Scott like swing to play good golf.

I like Daly as well...some people say he wasted his enormous talent and to some degree he did, but he lasted long enough to enjoy the ATM tour...congrats on his 1st win on that tour, and wish him well going forward.