• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joey Styles told a bad joke and got fired for it

Was Evolve and CHIAKRA justifed

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Ceaser Salad with bacon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off the Joke:

Styles said the following to announcer Joanna Rose but stopped before the sentence:

“Joanna, you look great tonight, and if our next President were here tonight, he’d want to grab you by the…”

Joey Styles Fired From EVOLVE Following Donald Trump Related Joke

Now there was a mandate:

EVOLVE is meant to be a fun escape from the world, not a basis of political debate. There was a mandate not to get political last night.

Mandate Against Politics Gets Joey Styles Fired at EVOLVE 72

Now Joey has explaned his side

Joey Styles Issues Opens Letter Addressing His Departure From EVOLVE Over the Weekend

Some More open letters

Mickie James Pens Facebook Blog to Joey Styles Following Styles' EVOLVE Departure

Update On What ECW Originals Were Doing At SD Live, Dawn Marie Pens Letter To Wrestling Fans & Promoters

Mike Quackenbush Responds to Dawn Marie's Open Letter Regarding the Joey Styles Situation

So where do guys stand?

PS the thing was aired on stream

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO. No

Should Joey have used better Judgement: yea, but he stopped himself before he said it. It was a bad tasting joke...

Nothing to be fired over

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was specifically told not to say anything political by Gabe and he went out and did it anyway so yes he should've been fired. He directly ignored an order by the boss so it was 100% justified.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He was specifically told not to say anything political by Gabe and he went out and did it anyway so yes he should've been fired. He directly ignored an order by the boss so it was 100% justified.
I agree with this. I also agree with Gabe. Politics in this country is so toxic right now it needs to stay out of wrestling. Linda was reportedly one of Trump's biggest donors and Trump is in the WWE HOF and they're not mentioning his Presidental win on TV. That's happening for a reason.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If that's the truth, he absolutely deserves to be fired!!! I would think that in just about any job, if you completely disobey the boss, you wouldn't be long for that job/company...Certainly true in my business...

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Styles has stated the flow and location of the promo was changed at the last minute and he paniced and told that political joke that he was told not to do and deserved to be fired. I'd post a link but if you really want to know more just go to PWInsider.com and look it up.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, HR's all over the country are firing people left and right because of the elections. It's best to just not say anything rather than make a joke one side or the other.