• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

joey freshwater to tennessee

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, they could do a lot worse (and have). If he's finally learned to act like a grown up at least occasionally, it could be a very good hire. Pretty sure they wouldn't have to worry about him leaving for USC again.

He can recruit and he can coach.

I just don't know if he can handle the big-time athlete properly. (Most can't)

He could make a good living at a place like FAU for a long time. He'll outcoach the
bulk of the guys he would face at FAU. Just depends on his ego.

I'd think earning 2 mil a year for 20 years at the same place would be better than getting
5 mil for 3 years at this place...being canned...being unemployed for 2 years. Earning 3 mil
a year for another 3 years, somewhere else, then bolting to some other school for 4 mil and only getting two
years there...And having to start over every three or four years.

That could be nerve racking.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can recruit and he can coach.

I've always said that when he keeps his mouth shut and just coaches the team, he does just fine.

I just don't know if he can handle the big-time athlete properly. (Most can't)

It's more about handling leading a big time program than the big time athlete, imo. His players all seem to love him, but he just can't stay out of his own way with the media, etc.

He could make a good living at a place like FAU for a long time. He'll outcoach the
bulk of the guys he would face at FAU. Just depends on his ego.

I'd think earning 2 mil a year for 20 years at the same place would be better than getting
5 mil for 3 years at this place...being canned...being unemployed for 2 years. Earning 3 mil
a year for another 3 years, somewhere else, then bolting to some other school for 4 mil and only getting two
years there...And having to start over every three or four years.

That could be nerve racking.

Agree for the most part. The one good thing, I guess, is that he's still pretty young for an head coach. I think his ego will demand that he give it at least one more shot at a big program (assuming he gets one).

I agree though, about just staying at the same place and being successful. Some guys are cut out to run big programs, some aren't. Some are better as career coordinators than head coaches. Nothing wrong with it and you can have plenty of success either way.

Not saying Kiffin isn't cut out to be lead a big time program, but early returns aren't favorable.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always said that when he keeps his mouth shut and just coaches the team, he does just fine.

It's more about handling leading a big time program than the big time athlete, imo. His players all seem to love him, but he just can't stay out of his own way with the media, etc.

Agree for the most part. The one good thing, I guess, is that he's still pretty young for an head coach. I think his ego will demand that he give it at least one more shot at a big program (assuming he gets one).

I agree though, about just staying at the same place and being successful. Some guys are cut out to run big programs, some aren't. Some are better as career coordinators than head coaches. Nothing wrong with it and you can have plenty of success either way.

Not saying Kiffin isn't cut out to be lead a big time program, but early returns aren't favorable.

Your last sentence is the operative one. "but early returns aren't favorable."

That will haunt him forever. That's how he has allowed himself to be judged. People are always
gonna question his loyalty and his snafu's. Can he get a job at a P5 bottom-feeder? I'd say
yes, but why do that? He'd be better off staying where he's at. He can grab 6 or 7 juco's
every year at FAU and then grab 20 Dade or Broward County 3-stars and challenge in CUSA
every year. Dade and Broward probably have more 3-stars going unnoticed than the rest of the
country has, combined.

I would dare to guess that some Good P5 program will give him a chance again, but his leash
will be very, very short, because of his past. Where another coach will be given 3 screw-ups, he
will only be allowed 1. That's a tough position to operate from.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. No matter which program he goes to next, they should just hire a guy to follow him around, and when he starts to say or do something stupid, whack him in the back of the head.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was Ben Debanana on Espn for awhile. Mike Coxsbig too.

Oh...and I was YourMomsSmellyAss for a short while.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. No matter which program he goes to next, they should just hire a guy to follow him around, and when he starts to say or do something stupid, whack him in the back of the head.

tumblr_mn8n37kvoe1srkbtqo1_500.gif