• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joel Embiid is a goon; Will find some creative way to underachieve in our league...

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Cavs had it bad. How in the hell do the Pacers get better? They can’t attract a free agent or build through the draft getting knocked out in the 1st round. They had a great season but it wont get better than this. They have to get lucky and pick a Kawhi in the late 1st round.

Yes, and then not trade that Kawhi for a George Hill.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the 2017-18 season alone, this undisciplined asshole has gotten into it with Donovan Mitchell, Russell Westbrook, Lance Stephenson, Marcus Morris, and Hassan Whiteside, just to name a few.

Typically, I'm a fan of not making friends on the court, but there's a fine line between doing so and just being an overzealous idiot cluelessly putting a target on your back, and we all know that Embiid's turnover rate is obscenely high for a big man.

I like Ben Simmons' game, and he's going to be close to unstoppable going forward if he continues to work on his FT shooting. The Sixers played nearly flawless basketball the final two weeks of the regular season with Simmons surrounded by shooters, and without Embiid there to clog up the lane. Simmons is ultimately going to be the guy that's going to put the Sixers in position to win titles, but Embiid is going to be the determining factor on whether or not they actually do so and whether or not he stays healthy and/or commits some stupid act while on the court.

Here's an instance where Mr. Embiid injured Domantas Sabonis by flopping and trying to get a call:

Stay classy, Joel.

As a Pacers fan, I can honestly say with a straight face that barring a major FA signing on their part (which unlike some people, I ain't counting on), that will are better than them, and will be better than them. Maybe not in terms of regular season wins, but if we meet the Sixers in the playoffs we will beat them. I'd be willing to risk my undefeated record on SportsHoopla avi bets on that one. I'd like nothing more than to see tlance sporting Russell Westbrook for a couple of months. :clap:

Ultimately, my bold prediction is that this clown Embiid will one day do something that will cost the Sixers a chance at a title, and when that day comes, people will say it wasn't a very bold opinion at all.

But perhaps even more importantly, I'm looking forward to a rebirth of the late 90's/early 2000's Pacers/Sixers rivalry, and era when we beat them in the playoffs twice and they beat us once.

Bill Walton's call on this one was priceless:

He called the shot before it actually happened...It was the most predictable play in the book, and Philly was clueless to stop it. :yahoo:
I don’t like Embiid as much as the next guy, but he was clearly pushed into Sabonis on that play you reference.

And I am almost certain Kawhi or Lebron will be in Philly next year. Probably Lebron.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as trollbait goes, this thread was pretty weak.

Even the YouTube clip of Sabonis getting hurt was pretty weak sauce.

The Sixers were better this year than the Pacers with a rookie running the show and 2 of their other 4 starters being 2nd year players. Even if they don't bring in some quality FA talent, they are going to be a very good team next year.

The Pacers are in "what a nice story" territory. Gritty team that overachieves but doesn't really scare anyone.
It really doesn’t make a difference in your post, but I don’t include Ben simmons as a rookie for anything other than the rookie of the year award, and I think it’s total crap he can sit on the bench for a year and claim being a rookie the next year for that award.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really doesn’t make a difference in your post, but I don’t include Ben simmons as a rookie for anything other than the rookie of the year award, and I think it’s total crap he can sit on the bench for a year and claim being a rookie the next year for that award.

Why?

Do you think that Ben Simmons was better off sitting on the bench or would he have been better off playing another year in LSU and not getting injured?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Do you think that Ben Simmons was better off sitting on the bench or would he have been better off playing another year in LSU and not getting injured?
I think he benefitted from a year on the NBA bench. Tough shit if he can’t win a ROY award. I don’t think he should’ve stayed in college, but he shouldn’t be considered a rookie by the NBA. A year of experience on the bench is very valuable compared to other rookies just learning what teams they’ll play for after Ben Simmons has been in the league a year and seen what’s it’s like.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cliffnotes for everyone here:

1) OP says Embiid is "undisciplined asshole, who will cost the 76ers games.
2) Says as a Pacer fan he believes the Pacers are better than the Sixers and would beat them (barring major free agency acquisition)
3) Decides to ignore that the Sixers have so many incoming draft picks still and have tons of cap space which is EXACTLY for a big free agent acquisition.

So in other words a Pacers fan is saying the Pacers are and will be better than the 76ers going forward, but only so long as the 76ers don't try to get any better. LOL.

So the Pacers will be better so long as the 76ers attempt to get worst? Makes sense to me.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he benefitted from a year on the NBA bench. Tough shit if he can’t win a ROY award. I don’t think he should’ve stayed in college, but he shouldn’t be considered a rookie by the NBA. A year of experience on the bench is very valuable compared to other rookies just learning what teams they’ll play for after Ben Simmons has been in the league a year and seen what’s it’s like.

You didn't answer the question. Do you think it would have been better for Simmons to have played another year in college or to sit on the bench in streetclothes for Philly?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embid is an undisciplined asshole.

He bombs threes at a pedestrian rate instead of getting his big ass down low. And Philly is just happy he's on the court.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Pacers will be better so long as the 76ers attempt to get worst? Makes sense to me.
giphy.gif

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the 2017-18 season alone, this undisciplined asshole has gotten into it with Donovan Mitchell, Russell Westbrook, Lance Stephenson, Marcus Morris, and Hassan Whiteside, just to name a few.

Typically, I'm a fan of not making friends on the court, but there's a fine line between doing so and just being an overzealous idiot cluelessly putting a target on your back, and we all know that Embiid's turnover rate is obscenely high for a big man.

I like Ben Simmons' game, and he's going to be close to unstoppable going forward if he continues to work on his FT shooting. The Sixers played nearly flawless basketball the final two weeks of the regular season with Simmons surrounded by shooters, and without Embiid there to clog up the lane. Simmons is ultimately going to be the guy that's going to put the Sixers in position to win titles, but Embiid is going to be the determining factor on whether or not they actually do so and whether or not he stays healthy and/or commits some stupid act while on the court.

Here's an instance where Mr. Embiid injured Domantas Sabonis by flopping and trying to get a call:

Stay classy, Joel.

As a Pacers fan, I can honestly say with a straight face that barring a major FA signing on their part (which unlike some people, I ain't counting on), that will are better than them, and will be better than them. Maybe not in terms of regular season wins, but if we meet the Sixers in the playoffs we will beat them. I'd be willing to risk my undefeated record on SportsHoopla avi bets on that one. I'd like nothing more than to see tlance sporting Russell Westbrook for a couple of months. :clap:

Ultimately, my bold prediction is that this clown Embiid will one day do something that will cost the Sixers a chance at a title, and when that day comes, people will say it wasn't a very bold opinion at all.

But perhaps even more importantly, I'm looking forward to a rebirth of the late 90's/early 2000's Pacers/Sixers rivalry, and era when we beat them in the playoffs twice and they beat us once.

Bill Walton's call on this one was priceless:

He called the shot before it actually happened...It was the most predictable play in the book, and Philly was clueless to stop it. :yahoo:
As I recall, you were wishing injury to Paul George - so this is right up your ally

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be no bottom to the well of ghey that OP has access to.
I know some people and they are the complete opposite of us human beings - we as human beings set boundaries for others as well as for ourselves and we never cross those boundaries for our own benefit.

Those others - they have no boundaries at all - they don't ever stop and there are no limits to the level of stupidity that they reach for. They really make every effort to reach to the stars in a bad way.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame there aren't more.

These fuckers have friends on the other team, during games. That's just wrong
Reminds of me of my youth - and grade school:lol:, I found the best way to stop a bully was to stand up and fight win or lose. I still regret trying to ram that kid's head into the steel post and missing by two little inches.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds of me of my youth - and grade school:lol:, I found the best way to stop a bully was to stand up and fight win or lose. I still regret trying to ram that kid's head into the steel post and missing by two little inches.
Well, I was getting at helping people up and caring if you put a guy to the floor. But I feel ya.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was getting at helping people up and caring if you put a guy to the floor. But I feel ya.
I agree with you by the way - Every team needs a few dirty players that will retaliate for you - some one who is expendable in a playoff series.

That reminds me of the help I got once in 7th grade - fifth grader came over - kind of a rough dude and tried to start a fight with me - Some my classmates suddenly came to my defense and beat the shit out him and sent him back to his side crying. I didn't even know we were friends or that they even liked me til then - I was like WTF - But help is good:nod:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you by the way - Every team needs a few dirty players that will retaliate for you - some one who is expendable in a playoff series.

That reminds me of the help I got once in 7th grade - fifth grader came over - kind of a rough dude and tried to start a fight with me - Some my classmates suddenly came to my defense and beat the shit out him and sent him back to his side crying. I didn't even know we were friends or that they even liked me til then - I was like WTF - But help is good:nod:
A 5th grader?

I'm not sure I can't support this.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in 7th grade at the time and that was something like 46 years ago:lol: - I was only 13 years old(and better looking)
Why would a 7th grader need all that help vs a 5th grader?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know.

But one of the funniest things I ever saw in high school was kind of the opposite of this.

I was in 9th grade PE with a friend who was a total badass. He didn't look like much, but he was a JR. Gold gloves boxer and he was tough as nails.

Some random senior was having a bad day and came into the gym to pick a fight. Of the 60 some freshmen, he chose my friend and got his ass beat real bad. My teacher at the time was also the football coach. He saw the whole thing from the start. knew my friend could handle himself and gave him a good 2 minutes to teach the senior a lesson before he intervened.

It was awesome.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didn't -lol - I had met up with him several times after that and offered to fight one on the one - but he was sort of retarded in that respect - He was a pretty gnarly dude - I saw him beat the shit out of several other 7th graders before he turned his efforts to me - It was a rough to two years at the junior high - in a bad neighborhood. Interestingly enough we met up in auto shop a few years ago and he was fairly friendly - the past was forgotten, he never brought it up and we had a good time in the classed. He raced some dumbasses in a street race and they didn't even pay up on their bet.