• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon Not Invited To The NFL Combine

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy here we go.

Lions GM Bob Quinn: Joe Mixon still on our draft board

We're going to leave the door open on Joe. I think it's really disappointing that Joe's not here. We come here to see the best college football players, so there are 330, 340 some-odd players here, and for him not being here because of those issues, personally I don't think that's real fair because we have a lot of investigation that we want to do on him," Quinn said. "To get him in one spot for all the teams would have been great. I'm not part of the decisions about how guys are chosen, but I think it is a disappointment that a guy like him, and a few others you can put in that category, that we're going to be chasing around in the month of March and April, and it's really unfair to the players to be honest with you.

"So the door's open, and I'd like to be able to get a chance to sit down with the people that know Joe, or Joe, and see what the circumstances were around the incident."

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh boy here we go.

Lions GM Bob Quinn: Joe Mixon still on our draft board

We're going to leave the door open on Joe. I think it's really disappointing that Joe's not here. We come here to see the best college football players, so there are 330, 340 some-odd players here, and for him not being here because of those issues, personally I don't think that's real fair because we have a lot of investigation that we want to do on him," Quinn said. "To get him in one spot for all the teams would have been great. I'm not part of the decisions about how guys are chosen, but I think it is a disappointment that a guy like him, and a few others you can put in that category, that we're going to be chasing around in the month of March and April, and it's really unfair to the players to be honest with you.

"So the door's open, and I'd like to be able to get a chance to sit down with the people that know Joe, or Joe, and see what the circumstances were around the incident."

Someone is going to take a chance on the guy. It's just a matter of when. Will someone like NE be able to justify taking him in the 5th? Right or wrong he's got to much talent for teams to not take the chance. High risk high reward.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he goes no later than third round.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some sorry franchise that needs a player and won't mind the bad press will take him. Hopefully Dallas is past that phase

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon will be more successful and happier in life than Lance Armstrong. :nod:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nixon may have punched - his way into the 1st with that 40 time.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with Lions picking him up in the 3rd round but I doubt he will make it that far. Lions have much bigger needs than running back at this point. DLine, secondary, and WR leap out at me and as much as I would like them to find an heir apparent for Stafford I fear they will bankrupt our future overpaying a mediocre QB.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far some pretty good times.