• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon being investigated

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU freshman Joe Mixon involved in altercation in Norman | News OK

NORMAN — Oklahoma freshman running back Joe Mixon is being investigated by police for allegedly assaulting a female OU student at a restaurant near Campus Corner early Friday morning, his attorney Kevin Finlay said.

Norman police have confirmed an incident at Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe, but said no arrests were made and an investigation is underway. A police incident report did not identify the suspect in the assault.

The report did, though, identify the alleged victim as Amelia Rae Molitor, a 20-year-old OU student from Euless, Texas, who spoke to The Oklahoman on Friday evening via telephone.

Molitor said she had never seen Mixon before he punched her in the face, breaking four bones. She said Mixon was “harassing” her and some of her friends at Pickleman’s before the incident.

“He punched me one time,” she said. “He broke my face in four places … my nose, my sinuses … they’re broken.”

Molitor, who spoke confidently over the protests of her mother, said she plans to take legal action against Mixon, and added that she fears the wrath of OU fans.

“That’s my big fear (the fans),” Molitor said. “I’ve been told to stay off of social media to avoid (OU fans) coming after me on there.”

Molitor said she plans to sue Mixon, in some capacity, and that she hopes the running back “goes to prison for years.”

“That’s what he deserves,” she said. “I don’t care if he’s the star running back or not.”

Mixon was among the most highly recruited prospects in the country, and his early January committment to OU was met with immense joy and excitement.

The five-star prospect from Freedom High School in Oakley, Calif., attended the Sooners’ spring game in April, and stood behind OU’s bench for much of the afternoon signing countless autographs for fans.

OU coaches have so far praised Mixon’s work ethic and attitude throughout summer workouts. Mixon — from Oakley, Calif. — arrived in Norman at the beginning of the summer.

Molitor had returned to her family home by Friday evening.

The alleged assault occurred as Mixon — who turned 18 on Thursday — was wrapping up his birthday celebrations.

Finlay, a Norman attorney, said Mixon contacted him about the incident shortly after it occurred. The attorney confirmed that Norman police had been in contact with Mixon but that his client had “not been arrested at this point.”

“We are cooperating, fully, with the police on this,” Finlay told The Oklahoman. “Joe is definitely looking forward to the truth coming out … that’s about all I can say at this time.”

When asked if Joe Mixon was his client, the attorney responded in the affirmative.

“Joe contacted me about this, that’s true,” Finlay said.

The police’s incident report reveals that an unnamed male subject assaulted a woman inside the restaurant. The report states that Molitor suffered “apparent broken bones” following the incident.

“A female was hit in the face by a male subject — (the subject) is gone — she is in the bathroom … she is (conscious) and she is intoxicated … She is bleeding from the mouth … no difficulty breathing,” the report states.

An OU athletics spokesman said the department is aware of the situation and is conducting its own internal investigation.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good wake up message...

This was on my phone when I woke up this morning. Not a great wake up.

The young lady sounds serious about prosecution.

Well, we will see what happens. With all the talk about DGB, I half expected the headline to have his name.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Too much foggy stuff right now.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt

We'll see. Too much foggy stuff right now.

The fact that the police report names her but not him is definitely foggy.

The lack of details, including the fact that she's never seen Mixon before, that he basically harasses her at a restaurant then punches her...I need details.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the police report names her but not him is definitely foggy.

The lack of details, including the fact that she's never seen Mixon before, that he basically harasses her at a restaurant then punches her...I need details.

Agreed. Something about this story stinks.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's lose-lose for Joe Mixon

Differing eyewitness reports provide conflicting information.

Rufus Alexander chimed in on his Facebook page, claiming that Mixon was physically assaulted and eventually fought back.

While I don't ever condone hitting a woman, if she instigated a fight with a football player and started hitting him...well, she isn't too bright.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just waiting to see what happens. I feel multiple ways on this. There are just so many supposedly eye witness reports out so you don't really know what to believe. Even a number of news stations have had to retract their statements/reports because they were just wrong.

First off you never hit a woman, but some say she was extremely drunk, saying racist things to JM, and became physical with him. Now as a guy, you just don't' do that. What guy think's it's a great idea to go up to Jadeveon Clowney call him the n-word while pushing him around and think there is nothing wrong with that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just waiting to see what happens. I feel multiple ways on this. There are just so many supposedly eye witness reports out so you don't really know what to believe. Even a number of news stations have had to retract their statements/reports because they were just wrong.

First off you never hit a woman, but some say she was extremely drunk, saying racist things to JM, and became physical with him. Now as a guy, you just don't' do that. What guy think's it's a great idea to go up to Jadeveon Clowney call him the n-word while pushing him around and think there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't buy that for a second. I don't care if she's a woman, if she's trying to do legitimate physical harm to him he has a right to defend himself. That said, he should've never let himself get in that situation to begin with.

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big discussions about this in our house lately. My wife agrees with you, Romeo. In her opinion, if a woman has balls enough to attack a guy and she's serious about it, the guy has the right to defend himself.

But I agree, he should have never put himself in that place. If she was causing problems, like it seems she was, he should have excused himself and exited the scene. As the article I posted earlier, it's a lose-lose for Mixon.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Wakeboard gotta go with Romeo on this one because of chicks like this:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
02-24-2013-ronda-rousey2-3_4.jpg

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not letting any of these chicks get away with throwing a punch at me. I might even take the first swing at these chicks ;-) (and still get my ass kicked)!

SoonerAlum

Oklahoman By Choice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang, Wheat, I just read and was gonna post the same. Good article.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on the street is a 3 game suspension and counseling/community service.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tweet from Mixon says he's staying around.