• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Mixon About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm just pointing out that you used the word "reflexively" like a fucking retard.

His punch was reflexive, retard. Go fuck yourself with your special brand of trolling bull shit.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can talk to his parents about that if you're worried.

Second, the rest of your post is nothing but horse shit. Fuck off with that garbage.

What impact could assault video have on Joe Mixon?

Over the last two years, local police and the District Attorney’s Office for the 21st Judicial District have steadfastly refused to release the video. Among other reasons for their refusal, law enforcement officials maintain that the video is not a public record under Oklahoma law and thus there is no legal obligation to turn it over.

Open records laws, which vary significantly by state, generally enable the public to learn of the conduct of public officials, including law enforcement officers. The basic idea behind these laws is that the public should be able to scrutinize those who represent them and scrutinize those who are entrusted with public resources and accompanying responsibilities. Journalists often use open records laws, along with arguments grounded in the First Amendment, to obtain materials from public officials that those officials would prefer not to share.

It is clear that law enforcement did not wish to share the surveillance video of Mixon. Yet given that the video was of obvious interest to the public—it featured a high-profile, superstar football recruit who was allegedly engaged in violent conduct—various media companies filed requests for a copy of the video.

On Oct. 30, 2014, Mixon voluntarily entered into an “Alford plea”—where a defendant pleads guilty in order to resolve a matter while simultaneously maintaining his innocence—to the misdemeanor charge.

As part of Mixon’s deal with prosecutors, he received a deferred sentence (no jail time and can be expunged from one’s record), community service and mandatory counseling.

You bet your ass the LE & the DA didn't want that video released. You think they want everyone to know that you can break 4 bones in a woman's face and get off with probation, 100 of community service, and counseling? Do you think the average citizen get's that type of deal?

The University could wash their hands and look like it didn't have anything to hide because the city was already fighting the battle. But, you know they didn't want the video to come out.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't these guys just get girlfriends and beat them at their apartments like the good old days.

Reactions: TJL

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What impact could assault video have on Joe Mixon?

Over the last two years, local police and the District Attorney’s Office for the 21st Judicial District have steadfastly refused to release the video. Among other reasons for their refusal, law enforcement officials maintain that the video is not a public record under Oklahoma law and thus there is no legal obligation to turn it over.

Open records laws, which vary significantly by state, generally enable the public to learn of the conduct of public officials, including law enforcement officers. The basic idea behind these laws is that the public should be able to scrutinize those who represent them and scrutinize those who are entrusted with public resources and accompanying responsibilities. Journalists often use open records laws, along with arguments grounded in the First Amendment, to obtain materials from public officials that those officials would prefer not to share.

It is clear that law enforcement did not wish to share the surveillance video of Mixon. Yet given that the video was of obvious interest to the public—it featured a high-profile, superstar football recruit who was allegedly engaged in violent conduct—various media companies filed requests for a copy of the video.

On Oct. 30, 2014, Mixon voluntarily entered into an “Alford plea”—where a defendant pleads guilty in order to resolve a matter while simultaneously maintaining his innocence—to the misdemeanor charge.

As part of Mixon’s deal with prosecutors, he received a deferred sentence (no jail time and can be expunged from one’s record), community service and mandatory counseling.

You bet your ass the LE & the DA didn't want that video released. You think they want everyone to know that you can break 4 bones in a woman's face and get off with probation, 100 of community service, and counseling? Do you think the average citizen get's that type of deal?

The University could wash their hands and look like it didn't have anything to hide because the city was already fighting the battle. But, you know they didn't want the video to come out.

didnt-read.gif

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why any of you are shocked that OU fans defend mixon. Did ya'll forget about Dorial Green Beckham and Dede Westbrook? It's a pattern, and since the fan base doesn't mind why should the AD and stoops. Romeo brought up Tyreke Hill, great example. Oklahoma state kicked him off the team, at least one school in that god awful state has some morals.

You forgot about Frank Shannon.

They were getting a little baylorish there for awhile

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His punch was reflexive, retard. Go fuck yourself with your special brand of trolling bull shit.

No, it wasn't reflexive. At all. Jesus, you're pathetic, Romeo.

He went into the sandwich shop to physically confront a woman. He got the confrontation that he sought. Nothing reflexive about that at all.

Keep defending him though, little man.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot about Frank Shannon.

They were getting a little baylorish there for awhile

You mean the incident where David Boren appealed to the Oklahoma Supreme Court to uphold Shannon's year long title 9 suspension in spite of there being insufficient evidence to pursue legal recourse? Yeah, fuck off with that shit. I don't think a goat milker needs to be talking shit when you let a child rapist play for your team right up until two days before he plead guilty in front of a judge.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell no they couldn't. To get that type of sweetheart deal, you have to be really good at playing football. Oh, yeah, and it doesn't hurt to play for Bob Stoops.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it wasn't reflexive. At all. Jesus, you're pathetic, Romeo.

He went into the sandwich shop to physically confront a woman. He got the confrontation that he sought. Nothing reflexive about that at all.

Keep defending him though, little man.

didnt-read.gif

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are YOU talking about?

Joe Mixon was just standing there ordering a sammich when that bitch hit him in the fist with her face!

The dangers of being a sandwich artist.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not have sex with that woman.

Man, I can't even seen those words today without thinking about this model I just found, Claire Gerhardstein.

GrimWeightyAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

I'm having unspeakable thoughts about that broad right now. Much to Romeo's dismay, none of those thoughts include caving in her facial structure.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the incident where David Boren appealed to the Oklahoma Supreme Court to uphold Shannon's year long title 9 suspension in spite of there being insufficient evidence to pursue legal recourse? Yeah, fuck off with that shit. I don't think a goat milker needs to be talking shit when you let a child rapist play for your team right up until two days before he plead guilty in front of a judge.

The Collins thing-I can't defend that. His involvement with the girl was consensual (although statutory) and at the time it was thought he would be found not guilty if it went before a jury. That being said I don't care how old she said she was. If a 16/17 year old kid fools around with a 12 year old I don't care how good he is at football. It was a bad decision to bring him in and probably the biggest mistake of the Gundy Era. However prior to that, we did kick off a bunch of players (including Prentiss Elliott who was pretty much our best offensive weapon) for disciplinary issues so its not like Gundy was creating an anything goes culture.

You really seem to have your panties in a twist today

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I can't even seen those words today without thinking about this model I just found, Claire Gerhardstein.

GrimWeightyAmericanavocet-size_restricted.gif

I'm having unspeakable thoughts about that broad right now. Much to Romeo's dismay, none of those thoughts include caving in her facial structure.

Well hello there