• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Joe Burrow Injury Watch.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<crosses fingers>
please don't get hurt.
please don't get hurt.
please don't get hurt.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<crosses fingers>
please don't get hurt.
please don't get hurt.
please don't get hurt.
Sad, but true...

4 seasons, and 2 have ended with an injury that prevented him from being available for the full season...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe our coaches have learned their lesson.
It's as much (or more) on Joe than it is on the coaches.... It's not like they're letting him get hit in practice. And it's not like they are telling him he needs to take 'more' reps, even if he's tired or has a muscle strain. They probably also wouldn't be opposed to him throwing the ball away more and taking less hits. But, Burrow plays the way he plays..... I'd place the blame for the knee injury on a horrible line, the wrist was a freak accident and all the other smaller injuries are because he lets himself get hit a lot.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as much (or more) on Joe than it is on the coaches.... It's not like they're letting him get hit in practice. And it's not like they are telling him he needs to take 'more' reps, even if he's tired or has a muscle strain. They probably also wouldn't be opposed to him throwing the ball away more and taking less hits. But, Burrow plays the way he plays..... I'd place the blame for the knee injury on a horrible line, the wrist was a freak accident and all the other smaller injuries are because he lets himself get hit a lot.
The calf thing likely could have been handled better by ALL parties.

Joe should have sat more. He should have sat himself, but we know that high level competitors don't often follow that route. That's when the team comes in and says - we're making the tough decision for you. Instead - they kept throwing him out there knowing he was compromised behind a shaky line that added new starters and no real pre-season warmup to get on the same page.

Knee - bad line. Wrist - Freak accident. But the OL, or lack there of, and the calf injury I lay a lot more on the top of the organization than I do Joe.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure since I'm not involved in practice, but I remember at least some of that going on. no, he's not getting hit. most of his injuries seem to be from taking the reps themselves, which is weird, because he's been doing that since he was a child.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a fb pic of his new hair style.if accurate,he looks like a fluff boy for gay **** flicks.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just booked a trip for the KC game, so I expect a major injury any day now
KC in September would be a great trip. Even if it is hot, the game isn't until 4:25 which will help a ton. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy the scene.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5/27/2024 - still not hurt
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office