• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Vessey

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vesey has 'a short list' of teams, and the Bruins are on it

Would obviously be a huge, huge win for the Devils. Nashville was heartbroken when he decided to not sign. Devils have cap space for miles, with no one major in the pipe yet that needs paying, I would throw the bank truck at him. If he busts out, who cares. Take the gamble.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he want to play for NJ? Is the kid stupid?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Opportunity, a GM who would prob give him a blank check, and the Devils have extensive connections to NCAA hockey, especially the Boston Area schools.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks MC. Nice find on that link. I remember reading about him few months back but had no idea he was interested in NJ.

Yea, Devils have plenty of cap room and might offer him the most. Plus its not that far from home.
He plays for Harvard. Yea he probably got in on scholarship, but he must have some brains to play in Harvard. Doubt he is stupid.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't break the bank for an unknown commodity but yeah he would be a nice addition.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would easily give him 3M/year if it meant we could get him to come here. He's been one of the most dominant college hockey players in a while. Would have won the Hobey in a landslide if Eichel hadn't walked in and destroyed it as a 17 year old.

Hell look at we just paid TooToo and Rutuu the last couple of years. If he busts, he busts, but I want to take the risk for sure.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i was shocked to hear us on his list too.

nashville offered the kid top mins if i'm not mistaken and that team is starved for offense plus they are playoff and legit cup contenders why wouldn't he want to play there?

yeah he would get mins here but honestly would they be "top 6" mins? i dont know about that

hall/henrique/palm/camm/zajac/bennett. shero didn't pay a 3rd for bennett for him to not play imo. plus what kind of msg does it give to a guy like boucher who busted his ass in the minors and showed tons of improvement last year if this kid comes in and is ahead of him without even playing a pro min?

i will take a chance on this kid because im all for youth but this isn't like the devils lineup a year ago where ruutuu tootoo tulsty havlat ryder sullivan all were playing at some point. who's his game similar after?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was shocked to hear us on his list too.

nashville offered the kid top mins if i'm not mistaken and that team is starved for offense plus they are playoff and legit cup contenders why wouldn't he want to play there?

yeah he would get mins here but honestly would they be "top 6" mins? i dont know about that

hall/henrique/palm/camm/zajac/bennett. shero didn't pay a 3rd for bennett for him to not play imo. plus what kind of msg does it give to a guy like boucher who busted his ass in the minors and showed tons of improvement last year if this kid comes in and is ahead of him without even playing a pro min?

i will take a chance on this kid because im all for youth but this isn't like the devils lineup a year ago where ruutuu tootoo tulsty havlat ryder sullivan all were playing at some point. who's his game similar after?

He didn't pay a 3rd to not watch bennett play, but Bennett usually makes the decision for the GM/coach by being hurt 80% of the time. I'd take a chance on Vessey, can't really hurt.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Vesey Watch: Shortlist narrowing down; Rangers, Devils in mix?

According to Divver, Devils GM Ray Shero was in Foxboro Wednesday to get a look at Vesey. The Herald dubbed the Devils as a potential darkhorse to land Vesey, citing an NHL scout as the source. CSN New England's Joe Haggerty reported Wednesday that the Devils are one of three teams expected to have the best shot at landing Vesey. The Rangers and Blackhawks were the other two listed in the report. Vesey still has to hear all of the pitches, though, which could sway things in any number of directions.

raysherovesey.jpg

Devils GM Ray Shero was reportedly scouting impending UFA Jimmy Vesey's summer game. USATSI

The Devils really are an intriguing option, though. They have been investing a lot in their forward group, with a big extension for 30-goal man Kyle Palmieri and trading for Taylor Hall, one of the top young left wingers in the league. They still need more scoring pop, though, and would certainly have room to add Vesey in a top-six role. They also have a good potential recruiter in assistant GM Tom Fitzgerald, who has been involved in the Boston hockey community for years. Head coach John Hynes is also a native New Englander.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hynes and Hall have to offer some attraction over others(maybe more so Hall)....

This could be great!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
given the choices of rangers hawks or devils and i'm obviously a little biased but the devils are really the best option for him.

the hawks are a great team but he could get burried on that team somewhere and they play in a stacked division and conference.

rangers window has all but shut.

the devils are younger then both of them have the better goalie by miles and now hall. if this was the devils team under lou like 4 years ago? i would say no shot and couldn't blame him. now? we actually look like we might become exciting hockey!

best part about coming to nj to play? you get to play in a metro area on the team with the smallest exposure. which means less pressure then playing in Chicago Toronto or rangers. yet he gets all the benefits of living so close to the biggest city in the world. its a win/win.

part of me never really understood that about hockey players when they became free agents. why didn't people want to come play for the devils? jersey esp in the north has everything. it has 4 seasons it has nice beach 50 miles away gambling 100 miles away. scenic country 15miles north. the biggest city in the world 20mins away. the best part? no one would really recognize you on the street or hound you if you had a bad game like they would in ny. you dont have larry brooks breathing down your neck or tabloids bothering you.

i'm going to assume lou is a reason why many didn't sign here

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O
given the choices of rangers hawks or devils and i'm obviously a little biased but the devils are really the best option for him.

the hawks are a great team but he could get burried on that team somewhere and they play in a stacked division and conference.

the devils are younger then both of them have the better goalie by miles and now hall. if this was the devils team under lou like 4 years ago? i would say no shot and couldn't blame him. now? we actually look like we might become exciting hockey!

best part about coming to nj to play? you get to play in a metro area on the team with the smallest exposure. which means less pressure then playing in Chicago Toronto or rangers. yet he gets all the benefits of living so close to the biggest city in the world. its a win/win.

part of me never really understood that about hockey players when they became free agents. why didn't people want to come play for the devils? jersey esp in the north has everything. it has 4 seasons it has nice beach 50 miles away gambling 100 miles away. scenic country 15miles north. the biggest city in the world 20mins away. the best part? no one would really recognize you on the street or hound you if you had a bad game like they would in ny. you dont have larry brooks breathing down your neck or tabloids bothering you.

On top of that the Devils consistently have one of the easiest travel schedules in the league. You could have a 3 game "road trip" against NYR, NYI and Philly and sleep in your own bed every night. Boston, Washington also easy trips.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O

On top of that the Devils consistently have one of the easiest travel schedules in the league. You could have a 3 game "road trip" against NYR, NYI and Philly and sleep in your own bed every night. Boston, Washington also easy trips.
The Hawks could have some openings. Terevainen & Bickell have been traded. Sharp was traded last offseason. Panarin worked out well for Chicago. Vesey could as well. We'll see what happens.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Hawks could have some openings. Terevainen & Bickell have been traded. Sharp was traded last offseason. Panarin worked out well for Chicago. Vesey could as well. We'll see what happens.

yeah the only downside is that he could become one of their yearly summer purge players unless he gets a ntc which i doubt a team would give him. he probably wants to play in a safe situation

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

another reason for me, is minnesota... everyone wants to go back to minnesota... blah blah blahhhhhh

plus i haven't seen a sport where more players want to play back home more so than NHL... IMO

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to be honest, my hopes are pretty high right now. This would be like adding a high end draft pick.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it for what it's worth but apparently now down to us and the Hawks.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per his agent:

“I think Jimmy can handle anything. I think he would prefer to be under the radar,” Fish said. “He’s not the type of kid who enjoys necessarily being talked about all the time. He’s a good teammate, he’s a good kid. He’s pretty quiet and quietly goes about his business as a hockey player. He’s not afraid of the spotlight or anything like that. He’s a kid that probably prefers to fly under the radar a bit.”

Well he won't fly under the radar in Chicago. And for what it's worth (next to nothing), he and Kyle Palmieri started following one another on Instagram.