• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy "the scumbag" Buss

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, true colors always shine through....

Jeanie Buss thwarts brothers' coup attempt

A) There was a reason a successful franchise owner, Jerry Buss, anointed his daughter the controlling sibling. He saw stability and leadership skills in her.

B) Why would Jim sue for control? He noted that he would step down if the Lakers were competing deep into the playoffs within 3 years (he said this three years ago). Seeing as though he was going to step down, why would he sue for control? Because he is a half wit and a liar.

C) Suing a sibling? Wow, classless dude. Good riddance. Go play with your horse handicapping side kick and sneak into the playboy mansion.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call him a scumbag. There are no innocents here. Afterall, Jeanie did just fire him and Kupchack in the middle of the season in embarrassing fashion and replaced him with a man that's been publicly gunning for his job for years. The brothers could very well be within their legal rights. She's controlling owner of the Lakers, not the Trust, if I read it correctly, so its entirely possible the brothers could be within their legal right depending own the language of the Trust. If the trustees feel she isn't doing what's in the best interest of the franchise, they could conceivably remove her from the Trust if the language allows it. All the siblings have an equal share of the Trust that owns the Lakers so depending on that language, if the majority agree, its entirely possible Jeanie could be removed. So far, this appears to just be an order to delay which means this will be settled legally down the road.

Long story short, its what I thought since Dr. Buss died. He made a MAJORLY stupid decision to give equal control to all his children. This rarely if ever works out in any business. Pick one and pay off the rest or there will always be in fighting (doesn't have to be petty shit either; people just run things differently). If he wanted his children to benefit, he should have left them as beneficiaries of the Trust (so they get profits) but left control to some outside person (with the Buss family having a clause that they approve a sale of the team if the time comes). The way he did it almost always results in these types of messes

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call him a scumbag. There are no innocents here. Afterall, Jeanie did just fire him and Kupchack in the middle of the season in embarrassing fashion and replaced him with a man that's been publicly gunning for his job for years. The brothers could very well be within their legal rights. She's controlling owner of the Lakers, not the Trust, if I read it correctly, so its entirely possible the brothers could be within their legal right depending own the language of the Trust. If the trustees feel she isn't doing what's in the best interest of the franchise, they could conceivably remove her from the Trust if the language allows it. All the siblings have an equal share of the Trust that owns the Lakers so depending on that language, if the majority agree, its entirely possible Jeanie could be removed. So far, this appears to just be an order to delay which means this will be settled legally down the road.

Long story short, its what I thought since Dr. Buss died. He made a MAJORLY stupid decision to give equal control to all his children. This rarely if ever works out in any business. Pick one and pay off the rest or there will always be in fighting (doesn't have to be petty shit either; people just run things differently). If he wanted his children to benefit, he should have left them as beneficiaries of the Trust (so they get profits) but left control to some outside person (with the Buss family having a clause that they approve a sale of the team if the time comes). The way he did it almost always results in these types of messes

Not saying you're wrong, because I honestly don't know, but based on what I've read and heard, it seems like they don't have much of a leg to stand on. It would have to be something fairly significant to have her removed. Additionally, if there is language re: the good of the franchise, all anyone has to do is look at how the Lakers are flourishing on the business side and how they are floundering on the basketball side.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying you're wrong, because I honestly don't know, but based on what I've read and heard, it seems like they don't have much of a leg to stand on. It would have to be something fairly significant to have her removed. Additionally, if there is language re: the good of the franchise, all anyone has to do is look at how the Lakers are flourishing on the business side and how they are floundering on the basketball side.

This.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From what I've seen, it depends on if they are acting through the board of directors or through the Trust itself. The board route, you're right. If its through the Trust, then its totally dependent on the language of the Trust and its entirely possible that a simple majority vote of the Buss children is all that's needed, perhaps not even needing validation. Just a "we say you're done so you're done" thing.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the end, true colors always shine through....

Jeanie Buss thwarts brothers' coup attempt

A) There was a reason a successful franchise owner, Jerry Buss, anointed his daughter the controlling sibling. He saw stability and leadership skills in her.

B) Why would Jim sue for control? He noted that he would step down if the Lakers were competing deep into the playoffs within 3 years (he said this three years ago). Seeing as though he was going to step down, why would he sue for control? Because he is a half wit and a liar.

C) Suing a sibling? Wow, classless dude. Good riddance. Go play with your horse handicapping side kick and sneak into the playboy mansion.

Helps you to understand why Magic Johnson doesn't like the dude and said he was no good

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helps you to understand why Magic Johnson doesn't like the dude and said he was no good
That's right I remember that now. Hope Magic can make a few no look trades and get us back on the winning side of showtime once again.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as though Short Buss has come to his senses and realized he has no dog in this fight because the wishes of the elder Buss and his estate are pretty clear. Jeannie is the primary owner and Jimmy has pretty much decided to leave the franchise as he has relinquished his trustee position and has been replaced by his sister Janie.

Now it is Jeanie, Janie, and Johnny with Jeanie the "boss" trustee or controlling owner. Dumbass should have just moved along with the first failure of his own self-imposed edict that Jeanie held him to and Magic accelerated his stepping-down by having Jeanie's ear.

I think, like the Dwightmare and Nash trades, the complete removal of Short Buss will be a distant memory and indeed the progression of better days ahead with Jeanie in control. She gave Short Buss his chance and he effed-it up badly.

Time to move onward and recover the glory days we all have been waiting for at least for the last five years and every indication supports the notion the Lakers are well on their way.

Buss family feud over Lakers appears to end with Jeanie as controlling owner