• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Garoppolo to 49ers

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to slow down and read a post in it's entirety.

Shea McClellin has been on IR since training camp at started practicing with the team three weeks ago. He's eligible to come off IR next week and could play in Denver. The Pats need him more than anyone at this time.
Ahhh I did read that it didn't register. That being said I still think the obvious answer is Mitchell.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo Bills made a hell of a trade at 3:59 this afternoon. They got 6'5" WR Calvin Benjamin from the Carolina Panthers for a 3rd and 7th round picks in 2018.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's MM too, but reports are he is not coming back. We have solid guys on the DL and depth where Flowers or Wise can move inside. We need another WR, sadly I think will be stuck with Cooks, Hogan, Dola, Dorsett.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's MM too, but reports are he is not coming back. We have solid guys on the DL and depth where Flowers or Wise can move inside. We need another WR, sadly I think will be stuck with Cooks, Hogan, Dola, Dorsett.

Just my opinion but I believe Dorsett is going to become a factor down the stretch. I think the Hollister kid is going to become relevant as well this season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but I believe Dorsett is going to become a factor down the stretch. I think the Hollister kid is going to become relevant as well this season.
What would make you think that, he has shown nothing at all, less than cooks has.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what peoples' expectations of Cooks were. Seen quite a few comments slagging him on this board...I mean he hasn't been perfect, but he's 5th in the league in yards, 6th in YPC, and his catch % is in line with other top WR's (he and Hogan are tied for 11th among WR's with at least 50 targets...better than A. Brown, Hopkins, AJ, Evans, Hilton).

I guess if you were expecting 2007 Moss reincarnated you'd be naturally disappointed, but I think overall he's been a pretty good addition.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious what peoples' expectations of Cooks were. Seen quite a few comments slagging him on this board...I mean he hasn't been perfect, but he's 5th in the league in yards, 6th in YPC, and his catch % is in line with other top WR's (he and Hogan are tied for 11th among WR's with at least 50 targets...better than A. Brown, Hopkins, AJ, Evans, Hilton).

I guess if you were expecting 2007 Moss reincarnated you'd be naturally disappointed, but I think overall he's been a pretty good addition.
I expected him to stretch the field more and I don't see that happening. His long is 54 much of it was YAC Im pretty sure, other than that he has 8 catches of 20 yards. He has been targeted 54 times with 33 catches I am sure some of the passes were defended or not well thrown but there are a lot of drops to IMO. His YAC is bottom of the class which typically means one of two things, he is going down on first contact or can't juke his own grandmother and with his speed and our offense I was darn sure expecting more YAC. Heck I think there are three WRs on the team with better YAC maybe four.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only credited with two drops, and only 5 players have more 20+ yard catches. Not sure by what measure you've classified him as bottom of the class in YAC. 118 out of 563 isn't eye-popping but it's certainly respectable. Don't think he's been nearly as bad as you're making him out to be.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who have we brought back to date? Why couldn't it be Mitchell and Valentine.

We can but neither is ready. You still have to choose. Just opinion but I think Mitchell could rehab completely if given the year off. Mitchell never seems to get quit the rest and rehab he needs before being rushed into a playoff race.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed and remember the knock on Cooks was he wasn't a great route runner. That's why he was upset in NO that they had him running mostly go routes.

Dorsett is the one NE needs to get a little productivity from. I'd be happy at this point if he'd just get a couple catches a game over the middle. Which would open other parts of field to the actual receivers.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to stretch the field when your QB is getting tossed around and hit. He also draws the other teams best CB and doubled over the top. I would like to see them use him more is short routes and end-arounds to use his speed. Line him up in the slot and put Hogan and Dorsett on the outside. I think his "lack of production" is due to the way he is used.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would make you think that, he has shown nothing at all, less than cooks has.

Cooks had all off season to meld with the offense, the playbook, Tom and Josh.
Dorsett had literally hours before the season began.

My fingers are still crossed that he will be a valuable pick up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks was brought in to stretch the field and for potential YAC he has done neither. There are four other receivers on this team at this time with greater YAC. If you all think he has lived up to the billing more power to you, I do not see it that way at all.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D
Kind of hard to stretch the field when your QB is getting tossed around and hit. He also draws the other teams best CB and doubled over the top. I would like to see them use him more is short routes and end-arounds to use his speed. Line him up in the slot and put Hogan and Dorsett on the outside. I think his "lack of production" is due to the way he is used.
Don't underestimate the value of someone drawing all "the respect" and freeing up other opprtunities elsewhere.... Including for Gronk. You can't double everyone.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, this offense rotates around Julian Edelman. His lost has forced the Patriots to play a little outside their comfort zone. Add to that Malcolm Mitchell's injury and the passing game has a totally different look. The Super Bowl showed us how critical they were. When JE wasn't getting first downs, MM was.

Brady is not 100% comfortable without his Binky, that his problem and the Patriots offensive problem. He doesn't trust Cooks or Dorsett and unless he gets over that, the offense will continue to sputter at times and drive us all crazy.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty, this offense rotates around Julian Edelman. His lost has forced the Patriots to play a little outside their comfort zone. Add to that Malcolm Mitchell's injury and the passing game has a totally different look. The Super Bowl showed us how critical they were. When JE wasn't getting first downs, MM was.

Brady is not 100% comfortable without his Binky, that his problem and the Patriots offensive problem. He doesn't trust Cooks or Dorsett and unless he gets over that, the offense will continue to sputter at times and drive us all crazy.
That almost seems like an over simplification, but you're probably more right than not.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have 3 of the fastest receivers in football and we keep trying to "plug and play" them into Edelman's role.
It's time to start sending sending 2 fast (too fast) receivers down field.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where people on here are upset with Cooks production? He's #5 in receiving yards, has 3 TDs, no fumbles, 8 catches over 20+. Yeah his YAC is down but what do you expect? He's not catching anything going over the middle period. He is taking the top off the defense opening up others. No way with TB12 running for his life is he going to get a huge # of catches downfield.

Trying to use Hogan as Edelmans replacement is getting Hogan crushed. Need to get Dorsett involved over the middle or put White or Lewis in the slot.

BB is likely working on this with Josh but waiting to show his hand until later in the season or theplayoffs.

In BB we trust.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cooks is currently 36th in the league in receptions. 36th. Brady gives him a lot of attempts. He is a big play receiver, not a possession receiver. With Gronk in the lineup, that gives us a lot of big plays.
When we get to the playoffs, someone is going to have to make a 3rd down. Amendola does that on limited throws.
Dorsett's receptions per attempt is the same on 3rd down as 1st or 2nd. 67% on 3rd down is very good.
I hope we see him used in the playoffs. Who do you see being a possession receiver with Mitchell and Hogan out?