• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Garapolo traded to 49ers

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice trade. Might get a couple wins now.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the trade though they have or had two 2nd rounders if I'm not mistaken.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW talk about a great move by the 49ers. Now we need to trade Hyde and draft Barkley.

Ok back to Jimmy. Man Shanny and Lynch are awesome together. This is a great move. Donald was staying in school, Rosen would go #1 to the Browns and Cousin might get tagged again or want 28 mill a year.

This is a Big win for the 49ers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with our current oline. We are missing 4 out o5 starters. He will get killed
NO Jimmy Does not play until Staley and Brown are back. We cant risk an injury with a 2nd or 3rd sting guys.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WOW talk about a great move by the 49ers. Now we need to trade Hyde and draft Barkley.

Ok back to Jimmy. Man Shanny and Lynch are awesome together. This is a great move. Donald was staying in school, Rosen would go #1 to the Browns and Cousin might get tagged again or want 28 mill a year.

This is a Big win for the 49ers.
Unless Cleveland takes him!?!

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade considering off-season reports saying the Patriots wanted much more than just a 2nd rounder for him. Trading one of our two 2nd round picks for a potential franchise QB is well worth it. Jimmy is only 25 as well and has NFL experience. I see no scenario where I'd feel better about using that 2nd round pick on a 21 to 23 year old QB fresh out of college.

KC gave us two 2nd rounders for Alex Smith and he was several years older at the time. It's a trade that for now is well worth the gamble, and has potential to be a major steal. It also means we save ourselves from paying a fortune to Kirk Cousins.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with this I suppose.
Trade down in the up coming draft and snag top G and C prospects

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade considering off-season reports saying the Patriots wanted much more than just a 2nd rounder for him. Trading one of our two 2nd round picks for a potential franchise QB is well worth it. Jimmy is only 25 as well and has NFL experience. I see no scenario where I'd feel better about using that 2nd round pick on a 21 to 23 year old QB fresh out of college.

KC gave us two 2nd rounders for Alex Smith and he was several years older at the time. It's a trade that for now is well worth the gamble, and has potential to be a major steal. It also means we save ourselves from paying a fortune to Kirk Cousins.

He's an unrestricted free agent next year so they will have to pay him maybe not as much as Cousins but he'll still be making more money than he's proven he's worth.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an unrestricted free agent next year so they will have to pay him maybe not as much as Cousins but he'll still be making more money than he's proven he's worth.

Yeah but there is really no way around that. He should end up cheaper than Cousins though and could end up better on the field. It's a gamble for sure, but it's a much smarter move to gamble a single 2nd round pick on a young QB with NFL experience over a 1st or 2nd rounder on a college QB. I mean there is no Andrew Luck in the upcoming draft. There could be several really good QB's, but good luck figuring out which one of them is the gem.

I mean look at the past 2 drafts. Rams took Goff and the Eagles got the steal with Wentz. Bears take Trubisky and yet it looks like the Texans got a true franchise changer in Watson. Even the year we took Alex Smith the Packers arguably got the better selection with Rodgers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with our current oline. We are missing 4 out o5 starters. He will get killed
Agreed. I'd be afraid to risk playing him. I'm semi interested though. Not particularly high on the guy as we've seen only two games of him as a starter and every Patriots back up QB plays well for the Pats. That won't necessarily translate to the 49ers, but we'll see.
At least Shanahan is high on him so that's something.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a good trade for both, although hindsight tells us that the Patriots could have gotten more from Cleveland. I guess Belichick wanted to make sure Brady really can play into his 40's..

Garrapollo seems a good QB for SF but he'll obviously need some help. In a way I glad he finally got his chance to play.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but there is really no way around that. He should end up cheaper than Cousins though and could end up better on the field. It's a gamble for sure, but it's a much smarter move to gamble a single 2nd round pick on a young QB with NFL experience over a 1st or 2nd rounder on a college QB. I mean there is no Andrew Luck in the upcoming draft. There could be several really good QB's, but good luck figuring out which one of them is the gem.

I mean look at the past 2 drafts. Rams took Goff and the Eagles got the steal with Wentz. Bears take Trubisky and yet it looks like the Texans got a true franchise changer in Watson. Even the year we took Alex Smith the Packers arguably got the better selection with Rodgers.

I agree, the way someone else posted made it seem like he was under control which he isn't really and if they have to franchise him then he isn't going to come in a lot less than Cousins.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a weird time to pull this move. I figured we were just going to tank the season and get one of the top rookie quarterbacks.

I guess not now?