• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jim and Johnny Buss tried to strip Jeanie of her power

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the FO drama is over, maybe they can get a top FA?

Of course, Jim did fuck up the cap for them so we can all be reminded of his legacy for a couple more years.

Nah! There are plenty of dumbasses out there (Gilbert being the main one) that would take a stupid contract like Mosgov or Dengs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah! There are plenty of dumbasses out there (Gilbert being the main one) that would take a stupid contract like Mosgov or Dengs.

The problem is, they aren't expiring contracts. That's how teams usually rid themselves of bad contracts. I think that for them to unload both of those contracts, Deng would have to retire and Magic and Pelinka will have to get some exec falling down drunk to convince them that Mozgov is exactly who they need.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is, they aren't expiring contracts. That's how teams usually rid themselves of bad contracts. I think that for them to unload both of those contracts, Deng would have to retire and Magic and Pelinka will have to get some exec falling down drunk to convince them that Mozgov is exactly who they need.
If the Lakers get the first round draft pick, they will need to find a team with plenty of cap space and is in a rebuilding mode. Brooklyn for example has only 640K on the books next year, so they can afford to take Mozgov or Deng in an exchange for a draft pick or young guys - so they end up with Ingram or the first round pick this year that the Lakers get and they get two top picks instead of one and the Lakers just cleared 17Million for a second player. Then if the Lakers were two trade another pick for the Indiana player - then the Lakers will be an interesting target for free agents who will see that the Lakers has a front office with a brain and is serious. One more thing - experts say there is a lot more room under the new CBA to move large contracts - which is most likely the reason Magic has went to the east coast to take special training on the new CBS

Here is something else that New York fans might want to consider - Magic Johnson sent a video recording to Shaq's unveiling of his statute because he had was busy scouting for players for this summer and was "quote busy being the president of operations for the Lakers" - Phil Jackson who is in the same predicament as the Lakers was quite happy to attend - Is there any question where the Knicks will be going in the next year or more with Jackson in charge?

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think the Lakers should trade them. As Laker fan said ... their veteran leadership is important in the locker room. It does cost >$100M -- but it is worth it.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad he's not a shitty quarterback.

The Texans would take him off your hands and then a year later pay someone else to take him off theirs.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Lakers should trade them. As Laker fan said ... their veteran leadership is important in the locker room. It does cost >$100M -- but it is worth it.

2 years plus 2 with an option would've been so much better in BOTH cases...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn for example has only 640K on the books next year, so they can afford to take Mozgov or Deng in an exchange for a draft pick or young guys - so they end up with Ingram or the first round pick this year that the Lakers get and they get two top picks instead of one and the Lakers just cleared 17Million for a second player.

Just because a team can afford Mozgov and Deng, doesn't mean they want to take on their salaries. Especially since they can probably get better players for less.

Again, these are not expiring contracts, so unless a team is convinced that Deng is is going to be the guy he was 3 years ago or Mozgov is going to be the pre-injury Mozgov again, (which neither have shown any indication is going to happen), I don't see anyone being interested. We see teams to stupid shit in the off season all the time, so anything is possible, but it's not very probable.

If they were expiring contracts, they would be a lot easier to get rid of.

Here is something else that New York fans might want to consider - Magic Johnson sent a video recording to Shaq's unveiling of his statute because he had was busy scouting for players for this summer and was "quote busy being the president of operations for the Lakers"

So much for any concerns about how dedicated Magic would be to his job.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only way either of them would be worth that at this point is if they were playing like they each did a couple of years ago and provided the veteran leadership.

They have done a really nice job of mentoring the young guys on how to be professionals. Especially with how they have handled not playing. Mozgov has done a nice job working with Zubac and Deng has done a nice job mentoring as well, especially with Russell. That's worth a lot, but without production on the court, it's not worth what they are being paid.

Unfortunately for the Lakers, Jim Buss was more interested in trying to save his own ass than in building the team, so he took a flyer and had to overpay a couple of guys hoping to get them into the playoffs. He's gone, but he left a mess for Magic and Pelinka to clean up.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I unders
Just because a team can afford Mozgov and Deng, doesn't mean they want to take on their salaries. Especially since they can probably get better players for less.

Again, these are not expiring contracts, so unless a team is convinced that Deng is is going to be the guy he was 3 years ago or Mozgov is going to be the pre-injury Mozgov again, (which neither have shown any indication is going to happen), I don't see anyone being interested. We see teams to stupid shit in the off season all the time, so anything is possible, but it's not very probable.

If they were expiring contracts, they would be a lot easier to get rid of.

So much for any concerns about how dedicated Magic would be to his job.
I know that. Im just telling you how they can do its and honestly just to get rid of those two would wipe out half of their picks but there are a few teams that might be stupid enough

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way either of them would be worth that at this point is if they were playing like they each did a couple of years ago and provided the veteran leadership.

They have done a really nice job of mentoring the young guys on how to be professionals. Especially with how they have handled not playing. Mozgov has done a nice job working with Zubac and Deng has done a nice job mentoring as well, especially with Russell. That's worth a lot, but without production on the court, it's not worth what they are being paid.

Unfortunately for the Lakers, Jim Buss was more interested in trying to save his own ass than in building the team, so he took a flyer and had to overpay a couple of guys hoping to get them into the playoffs. He's gone, but he left a mess for Magic and Pelinka to clean up.
yah- you dont want to trade Ingram just to get rid of Deng or Mozgov either.

If you offered the Nets DEng and Ingram for expiring contract X they prob take it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah- you dont want to trade Ingram just to get rid of Deng or Mozgov either.

If you offered the Nets DEng and Ingram for expiring contract X they prob take it.

Yeah, about the only way that I think you give up Ingram to dump Deng and Mozgov would be if they didn't get to keep their top 3 pick and they could get the Nets lottery pick. The problem is, if I remember what I saw recently correctly, the Nets don't have a lottery pick. I'd rather keep Deng and Mozgov and hope that Deng can be convinced to retire than trade Ingram.