• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets QB Situation

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I think Ryan is a decent coach who had some personell decisions forced down his throat once or twice, but I don't think he has the roster to make something work on offense.

Maybe not. But I think the hiring of Marty Mornhinweg was a great decision. Our offense may not have the talent but at least they will have a plan this season, unlike last season where they were just a mess.

The offense has actually looked pretty solid vs the defense this summer. Usually the defense just dominates the offense.

I may be overly optimistic as a fan. But I think they may have more pieces than people realize on offense, I think its all about the QB play.

Reportedly, Stephen Hill has been the most improved player on the team. They say hes improved his route running and mechanics and just seems more confident this yaer. Hes been making plays all camp. If he can catch more consistently and runs better routes, him being 6'4 and running a 4.28 will be tough to stop. He'll create some big plays.

Clyde Gates has also improved his route running a lot, another guy who has a lot of talent but was raw. If he gets it and can stay healthy he could make some plays.

Chris Ivory has all the ability to be a stud RB, he just needs the opportunity and to stay healthy. I could see him rushing for 1,200+ yards this season if he stays healthy.

We need Mike Goodson to show up, hes explosive.

Kellen Winslow has been looking good and is on a pitch count. Smart move by the Jets not overworking him. He has played before with his knee thing and caught 70+ passes. He didn't feel it was worth his time with the Patriots last season and felt screwed by the Seahawks.

Our OL is solid.

It all comes down to the QB. If Geno ends up being good, than our offense will be good enough to win games with our defense. Geno starting also helps them, he has 4.5 speed and can make some plays with his legs and also has a cannon for a arm.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno starting too soon is a recipe to make him a bust real fast. Let Sanchez go for a bit.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno starting too soon is a recipe to make him a bust real fast. Let Sanchez go for a bit.

I absolutely agree. I don't think he is ready. Tough decision with Sanchez floundering.

I wonder what RG-3 would be if they had not thrown him in too early? He may still turn out to be very special but some seasoning before he started might have saved him from the injuries.

I hate to see any kid get used up and spit out.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 should have started day one. Geno smith should not.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree with this but look at what team is in control of Geno. Im trying to say this in the nicest way possibly but the Jets organization is not ran well at all.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is the coach. He knows what he's doing, even if the rest don't.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex is the coach. He knows what he's doing, even if the rest don't.

Rex isnt the only one in the draft room, running the team and making all the decisions. The Jets have been the laughing stock of the league for the past few years, I wouldnt say Ryan knows what he is doing as HC. Like Lovie Smith, Ryan is a good defensive coordinator but a poor Head Coach.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jets have pretty much openly flaunted him with their decision making. If he was paired with a reasonable owner he'd be near the top of my list after Belichick and both harbaughs to run my team.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jets have pretty much openly flaunted him with their decision making. If he was paired with a reasonable owner he'd be near the top of my list after Belichick and both harbaughs to run my team.

Hahaha ok that is taking it a little over the top.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not joking. There aren't a lot of really great options out there. After them three everyone is one dimensional.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex isnt the only one in the draft room, running the team and making all the decisions. The Jets have been the laughing stock of the league for the past few years, I wouldnt say Ryan knows what he is doing as HC. Like Lovie Smith, Ryan is a good defensive coordinator but a poor Head Coach.

For the last few years? The Jets were almost in the SB 2 years ago. New GM Idzik has helped fixed the circus atmosphere. He has kept people quiet more and made some smart football moves and brought more competition to the team.

I think Idzik has the potential to be a solid GM, I liked his first draft. If Geno Smith ends up being a good QB, this could be like the GOAT draft class for the Jets. I think Dee Milliner is going to be a stud at CB and so is Sheldon Richardson at DT. I also think 3rd round pick Brian Winters willbe a quality starting OG.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not joking. There aren't a lot of really great options out there. After them three everyone is one dimensional.

Doesnt matter if they are one dimensional or not because they are able to find successful coaches for the otherside of the ball. Rex has failed miserably with the offensive side of the ball and has shown no hope that he could stabilize or control it. He not only did a bad job in drafting a huge over rated QB in Sanchez but doing another bad job at keeping him as the starting QB for so long. There are dozens of HC I would take over Rex Ryan if I could choose. If we are talking about just Defensive Coordinators then Rex Ryan would be on the top of my list.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree. I don't think he is ready. Tough decision with Sanchez floundering.

I wonder what RG-3 would be if they had not thrown him in too early? He may still turn out to be very special but some seasoning before he started might have saved him from the injuries.

I hate to see any kid get used up and spit out.

RG3 was great last season. But hes a running QB so hes going to get beat up. the problem was the coaching staff playing him when he was hurt. They should have just started Cousins.

Teams start rookie QBs all of the time now. If Geno shows hes ready to start and is better than Sanchez, than he should start. Geno has looked good in camp, we'll see how he does in preseason games.

The competition is close. Sources say that going into training camp, Sanchez had a big lead as Smith was so-so in mini camps and OTAs. But now Smith has closed the gap. I think they will name a starter before the 3rd preseason game. So tomorrow's game and next weeks will decide it.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt matter if they are one dimensional or not because they are able to find successful coaches for the otherside of the ball. Rex has failed miserably with the offensive side of the ball and has shown no hope that he could stabilize or control it. He not only did a bad job in drafting a huge over rated QB in Sanchez but doing another bad job at keeping him as the starting QB for so long. There are dozens of HC I would take over Rex Ryan if I could choose. If we are talking about just Defensive Coordinators then Rex Ryan would be on the top of my list.

Lets see how the offense does this year. Rex did a great job in hiring Marty Mornhinweg. Hes a guy who has a resume full of top 10 offenses. Going back to his days with the 49ers. Hes also a proven QB guy who has coached many great QBs.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see how the offense does this year. Rex did a great job in hiring Marty Mornhinweg. Hes a guy who has a resume full of top 10 offenses. Going back to his days with the 49ers. Hes also a proven QB guy who has coached many great QBs.

Im only speaking about the past with him as HC because Mornhinweg was a great hire to help turn that offense around. As a HC though he hasnt shown that he could produce an explosive NFL offense and that overlooks his past. Thats one worry that I have with Marc Trestman now as our HC. He has an amazing track record of being a QB guru and having top NFL offenses, but being a HC is much different then being a Qb Coach or OC.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been given less than nothing to work with, and you can't blame him for decisions when it is fairly clear he wasn't given much say. Look at them getting Tebow. Rex made it pretty obvious he wanted no part of it but they made the trade anyways. You don't do that to a coach with legitimate input. I think you forget how good he had them just a couple of years ago, as well. Last year was bad but it's the only team that was awful.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been given less than nothing to work with, and you can't blame him for decisions when it is fairly clear he wasn't given much say. Look at them getting Tebow. Rex made it pretty obvious he wanted no part of it but they made the trade anyways. You don't do that to a coach with legitimate input. I think you forget how good he had them just a couple of years ago, as well. Last year was bad but it's the only team that was awful.

They had better offenses in the past but nothing close of explosive and to win a Super Bowl in todays game you need to be able to put up points.

As a Bears fan I thought there were no "excuses" for why a team has been bad the last few years?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really not a good reader, are you? Cutler makes terrible decisions, pressure or no, and has every single season of his career. You can't blame surrounding talent for that. Rex Ryan has seemingly no say in personnel decisions and had not a single starting caliber player to work with in one down year of offense. There is no comparison between the two situations.

You don't have to have an explosive offense to win a Super Bowl. You need a complete team. The ravens weren't a dominant offense, nor were their opponents from SF. The giants offense has been mediocre at best but a stacked defense has won them two recent Super Bowls. Defense still wins.