• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jets QB Situation

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y! SPORTS

Personally I think their RBs, OGs and WRs positions are in much worse shape. Much worse. But this QB thing is going to rip this team apart. This offense is not going to Help a QB, and neither of these QBs in 2013 can carry this Offense. But this show that is being put on is baffling to me.

If I was in charge of the Jets, I would have came out months ago and named Sanchez the Starter while saying the reason we drafted Smith was for him to take the Starting Job from Sanchez as soon as possible.

Yet the Jets did nothing, said there would be a Fair Competition. Which by ALL Accounts Smith has WON to this Date. Yet Sanchez has EARNED the Start? How? When? Where? WHY?

IMO it does not matter how good the rest of the team is. This QB situation will rip this team apart. There are no Safety Valves in this offense. Both will Struggle. Something tells me the Back Up will always play Better, until they become the Starter, then the cycle repeats.

I Like Rex Ryan, but is unhealthy like for Sanchez has killed this team. For the first time Sanchez has a legit competitor in camp and is losing but Ryan says he Earned it? Whatever...

This team Might not win one game.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their D will be decent enough to keep them in some games, plus they play in a relatively weak division. They'll probably go 6-10 or something along those lines.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fairly clear the plan all along was for Sanchez to start the first preseason game, possibly with the intent for Geno to get more time in game two, then go from there.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark has been playing better in recent practices. Geno has dipped down a bit. Starting in the first preseason game means nothing. It gives Geno more playing time hopefully. Mark didn't start in his first preseason game in 2009.

Our OG situation isn't bad. Willie Colon is a good player if he can stay healthy. Stephen Peterman is average. Our 3rd round pick Brian Winters will probably start at one spot and I think he'll be solid.

Our RB position is a concern right now with Mike Goodson not showing up to camp yet and Chris Ivory being held back with a hamstring problem. But Bilal Powell has shined all camp and is a solid RB. If they get Goodson to show up and Ivory's injury isn't a big deal yet, they have a upgraded backfield from last season.

Our WR situation is better than last season. Holmes missed most of the season. We have Braylon Edwards signed already and hes lighter than last season, where he was 230, now hes 215. Stephen Hill looks much improved in camp, hes running better routes and catching the ball better. Basically hes a more mature player from last season. Clyde Gates has been impressing as well, hes running much better routes than he did last season which was a problem. Jeremy Kerley is a good WR.

I can't wait to see this UDFA Ryan Spadola play in preseason games. Hes been making plays every practice. He came from a small school ,so he may be a find.

Our offense has looked better this year in training camp, usually our defense dominates them every practice. I think its because Marty Mornhinweg is a actual OC who knows what hes doing.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark has been playing better in recent practices. Geno has dipped down a bit. Starting in the first preseason game means nothing. It gives Geno more playing time hopefully. Mark didn't start in his first preseason game in 2009.

A 5th year vet was outplayed by a Rookie for all but 2 or 3 practices. Now I understand those have come in the last 2 or 3 practices. But lets be real. Football players know when a Rookie comes in and outplays a 5th year vet who Knows his job is on the line, eventually playing slightly better than a Rookie is not how you Earn a Starting Job. Now if this is just for this game and Smith is starting the rest, fine whatever. But you know it will go back and forth when they start to struggle.

If the Jets throw Sanchez out there for a series, then play Smith for a quarter or more, Then start Smith the rest of preseason games. Fine that should work out. I dont think that is what is happening.

If Sanchez earned the Starting Job, then he can earn it back if he loses it. That would kill this team. NO ONE thinks he will win games for the Jets.

RonBorges

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all about complimentary players. When Sanchez had an O-line, service-able receivers, service-able running backs and a solid defense... Sanchez was ok.

The talent has evaporated around Sanchez and this average QB became awful... No surprise.
Tannebaum presided over the talent drain.

I don't care who the Jets QB is, the Jets will suck until they get a 1-2 decent drafts under their belts.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 5th year vet was outplayed by a Rookie for all but 2 or 3 practices. Now I understand those have come in the last 2 or 3 practices. But lets be real. Football players know when a Rookie comes in and outplays a 5th year vet who Knows his job is on the line, eventually playing slightly better than a Rookie is not how you Earn a Starting Job. Now if this is just for this game and Smith is starting the rest, fine whatever. But you know it will go back and forth when they start to struggle.

If the Jets throw Sanchez out there for a series, then play Smith for a quarter or more, Then start Smith the rest of preseason games. Fine that should work out. I dont think that is what is happening.

If Sanchez earned the Starting Job, then he can earn it back if he loses it. That would kill this team. NO ONE thinks he will win games for the Jets.

I'm not worried about it yet. I think the QB will be decided based on preseason games.

Sanchez hasn't had a bad camp, from all reports hes been having a solid camp. The thing is he has still thrown more INTs than Geno did. and Geno has made more "Wow" plays. Sanchez may have a better handle on the offense as of right now being a vet. Usually the vet gets the first start unless you are all in on your rookie QB.

Sanchez wasn't named the starter yet, just that hes starting the first preseason game.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all about complimentary players. When Sanchez had an O-line, service-able receivers, service-able running backs and a solid defense... Sanchez was ok.

The talent has evaporated around Sanchez and this average QB became awful... No surprise.
Tannebaum presided over the talent drain.

I don't care who the Jets QB is, the Jets will suck until they get a 1-2 decent drafts under their belts.

He was always statistically one of the worst Qbs. But they won games still because of the run game and defense.

SOCALPIPELAYER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Sanchez! The guy was a bum at USC and he is a bum in the NFL. He's Ryans butt buddy and nothing else.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Sanchez! The guy was a bum at USC and he is a bum in the NFL. He's Ryans butt buddy and nothing else.

LOL at him being a bum at USC. He sure showed that vs Penn State.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

12-1 Pac 10 Champs, Rose Bowl Champs, Top 5 Team, Last QB to beat Notre Dame, Stanford, California, and UCLA in the same season. No he wasnt a bum, now Joe McKnight, theres a Bum...

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Mark at USC, I thought he was going to be a good QB.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their D will be decent enough to keep them in some games, plus they play in a relatively weak division. They'll probably go 6-10 or something along those lines.
Problem for NYJ to me is that the Dolphins and Bills look much improved. Hard to go anywhere with the 4th best talent in the division. 6-10

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is the problem with the Sanchez. He is not a pack leeeeader. He needs to get the opposing player in a calm submissive state but instead is sacked, throws interceptions, and has a nervous approach to him. This of course excites both his and the opposing animal. This causes the animal on his team to become very nervous and excitable and as a result the Sanchez cannot command any control. On the opposing side the animal becomes aggressive doooominant and no Sanchez is capable of becoming a pack leader. Instead he is now the follower.

This is a common occurrence with most animals in a pack. Ultimately the most important position in the pack most become a pack leader otherwise they are commonly referred to as a bitch.

My name is Cesar Millan, I rehabilitate dogs. No dog is too difficult for me to rehabilitate.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is the problem with the Sanchez. He is not a pack leeeeader. He needs to get the opposing player in a calm submissive state but instead is sacked, throws interceptions, and has a nervous approach to him. This of course excites both his and the opposing animal. This causes the animal on his team to become very nervous and excitable and as a result the Sanchez cannot command any control. On the opposing side the animal becomes aggressive doooominant and no Sanchez is capable of becoming a pack leader. Instead he is now the follower.

This is a common occurrence with most animals in a pack. Ultimately the most important position in the pack most become a pack leader otherwise they are commonly referred to as a bitch.

My name is Cesar Millan, I rehabilitate dogs. No dog is too difficult for me to rehabilitate.

Dude, All this talk about dogs from a Philly fan is just a little weird.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem for NYJ to me is that the Dolphins and Bills look much improved. Hard to go anywhere with the 4th best talent in the division. 6-10

How do the Bills look much improved? Theri defense still looks awful. And who is their QB? CJ Spiller is good, so they have that at least.

I think the Dolphins additions are overrated.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either is particularly awesome but I wouldn't be shocked to see the jets go last.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either is particularly awesome but I wouldn't be shocked to see the jets go last.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them in 2nd place either. I can see the jets surprising people this season. Could go either way.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I think Ryan is a decent coach who had some personell decisions forced down his throat once or twice, but I don't think he has the roster to make something work on offense.