• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jesus Christ....I turn on the Women's US Open

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the first thing I see is an 11 year old and then some crazy beeotch using a yellow fucking golf ball. Really ladies? The 11 year old thing is a nice story but if I were a card carrying member I'd be ashamed of myself getting beat by a 4th grader while I play this game for a living

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I would be a bit embarrassed to get beat by an 11 y/o...I would have to play her from the tips. But the yellow ball is making its way on all the major tours now.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paula Creamer plays with a pink ball in every final round (i.e. the Pink Panther).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...I would be a bit embarrassed to get beat by an 11 y/o...I would have to play her from the tips. But the yellow ball is making its way on all the major tours now.

What if that golfer was a young Tiger or Rory or some other phenom (even a female one)? Rory was apparently shooting par on a regular basis at age 11. I am sure that Tiger was doing the same at a similar stage. Supposedly - the golf pro at the Navy Golf Course in Cypress (where Tiger grew up) kept him off the course for a few years & was pissed when a very young Tiger eventually beat him. I am pretty sure that pro - if he is still alive - is thrilled that this occurred & tells this story often.

Also - several LPGA golfers have shot very well & had success at the same age or slightly older. We are not talking about your average 11 year old.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if that golfer was a young Tiger or Rory or some other phenom (even a female one)? Rory was apparently shooting par on a regular basis at age 11. I am sure that Tiger was doing the same at a similar stage. Supposedly - the golf pro at the Navy Golf Course in Cypress (where Tiger grew up) kept him off the course for a few years & was pissed when a very young Tiger eventually beat him. I am pretty sure that pro - if he is still alive - is thrilled that this occurred & tells this story often.

Also - several LPGA golfers have shot very well & had success at the same age or slightly older. We are not talking about your average 11 year old.

SoCal...I would take my beating like a man...but the kid would have to earn it...

That said...I played in a LPGA proam several years back when we had an LPGAT stop her...we were paired with a no-name player, but she was a touring pro...at the time I was like a 9 index...now were not competing against her...(it was a scramble), but you know how we men have egos and I didn't want her to out drive me, and she didn't...if were had been playing stroke play, she would've tore me apart with her iron game...we used her approach like 90% of the time.

Actually, it was that experience that gave me a strong appreciation for the LPGAT...I went back the two following years to watch them.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SoCal...I would take my beating like a man...but the kid would have to earn it...

That said...I played in a LPGA proam several years back when we had an LPGAT stop her...we were paired with a no-name player, but she was a touring pro...at the time I was like a 9 index...now were not competing against her...(it was a scramble), but you know how we men have egos and I didn't want her to out drive me, and she didn't...if were had been playing stroke play, she would've tore me apart with her iron game...we used her approach like 90% of the time.

Actually, it was that experience that gave me a strong appreciation for the LPGAT...I went back the two following years to watch them.

I really like watching the women play, and not just because they are much easier on the eyes, much like the Champions tour their game more closely resembles mine, I am not particularly long off the tee, but am a good scrambler and good around the greens, keep the ball in play and use my head when approaching obstacles, I can't just bomb and chip and 1 putt like the Tour men, age has taken its toll unfortunately.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like watching the women play, and not just because they are much easier on the eyes, much like the Champions tour their game more closely resembles mine, I am not particularly long off the tee, but am a good scrambler and good around the greens, keep the ball in play and use my head when approaching obstacles, I can't just bomb and chip and 1 putt like the Tour men, age has taken its toll unfortunately.

Great point. I have heard several people state that most male golfers would be better off trying to copy the swings, etc of female and older golfers. I wonder if any regular golfers are now starting to copy the putting stance of Wie? For a lot of folks - they may not be able to stand straight after getting in that stance.:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. I have heard several people state that most male golfers would be better off trying to copy the swings, etc of female and older golfers. I wonder if any regular golfers are now starting to copy the putting stance of Wie? For a lot of folks - they may not be able to stand straight after getting in that stance.:yahoo:

I think the biggest things for us male amatuers to copy from the women pros is tempo...aside from Wie and Lexi Thompson, you won't see them over swinging...a huge flaw among us.

She can have that putting stance.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest things for us male amatuers to copy from the women pros is tempo...aside from Wie and Lexi Thompson, you won't see them over swinging...a huge flaw among us.

She can have that putting stance.

Agree totally about the tempo. As for the putting stance - agree - nobody wants to see a bunch of guys - especially older ones - bending over like that when putting & subsequently bitching about their back for the rest of the day.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paula Creamer plays with a pink ball in every final round (i.e. the Pink Panther).

I've seen a few tour players play a different color ball as well. It's not a bad thing. You rarely see it but it does happen.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always played with a yellow golf balls. It's actually nice that you can now get tour quality balls (Srixon) in yellow and a number of companies (Titleist, Nike, Bridgestone) have mid-grade balls in yellow as well. For years, only TopFlite and Pinnacle made yellow balls.

I honestly just see a yellow ball better, both in the air and especially on the ground. Especially since I'm partially colorlind, the contrast makes it easier.

It's also reminds me of my grandfather, who taught me the game and who played with a yellow ball.