• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jessica Jones

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They mention “the others” in the first episode when JJ I saw complaining to Trisha about her radio show. Later they mention “the Raft”, and the super’s kid is always referencing Captain America.. There have also been plenty of references to “the event” (Avengers I) in previous seasons of the Netflix’s MCU.

Forgot about how the kid had a captain America doll and all. So I guess there were some references. Just felt they were very mild. And again the good nurse Rosario was not in this one. Which i found weird.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But whatever, I'll definitely be slower to watch it now.

We'll see if I'd need it for defenders 2 (def didn't need JJ for the first Defenders).

Defenders 2 isn't coming for a long time, if it's coming at all, so no need to worry about that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenders 2 isn't coming for a long time, if it's coming at all, so no need to worry about that.

Yeah, i kinda figured that. Gotta reshoot everything else for another season first, at least.

Watched episode 1.

it was slow to start, but I do like how they ended it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With disney going all in on their own streaming service, I wonder what kind of commitment they will give to these shows moving forward. They have said that they will continue them, but for how long, and with what kind of financial and creative backing?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about how the kid had a captain America doll and all. So I guess there were some references. Just felt they were very mild. And again the good nurse Rosario was not in this one. Which i found weird.
She wasn't in The Punisher either. I figure that she'll probably be back for Daredevil season 3 whenever that gets released.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We are the two most powerful women in the world”

Um, Scarlet Witch? Quake? Captain Marvel, I think, is already a known “powered” person (I think her movie will take place in the 90s).

Come on guys. It is a shared universe. SHARE IT!!!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“We are the two most powerful women in the world”

Um, Scarlet Witch? Quake? Captain Marvel, I think, is already a known “powered” person (I think her movie will take place in the 90s).

Come on guys. It is a shared universe. SHARE IT!!!

Really? Women don't talk shit?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take was that they already reconciled in that last episode. Aren't the numbers for JJ pretty solid?
Where was the reconciliation? Was there an episode I missed? JJ basically told her to pound sand.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was the reconciliation? Was there an episode I missed? JJ basically told her to pound sand.

I'll watch the last episode again, perhaps I missed some subtext or something. Having worked with women before, women hold grudges men can only aspire to. (over some of the smallest shit)

I guess I took that they actually spoke words to each other, JJ didn't shoot her in the face, or throw her across the room as them essentially deciding that their relationship/friendship wasn't irrevocably broken.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll watch the last episode again, perhaps I missed some subtext or something. Having worked with women before, women hold grudges men can only aspire to. (over some of the smallest shit)

I guess I took that they actually spoke words to each other, JJ didn't shoot her in the face, or throw her across the room as them essentially deciding that their relationship/friendship wasn't irrevocably broken.

Challenge accepted...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JJ told her that they are no longer sisters and that all she sees when she looks at her (JJ looks at Trish) is the person who killed mom. JJ understands that Trish May have been correct in her assessment, but that she (Trish) was not the person to take the action.

Their old relationship is the only reason Trish is still alive. But that relationship is now over (until JJ3, of course)

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to like it a few episodes into season two, but I just do not get why people love this show so much.

I thought season one was OK, but Daredevil and Punisher are just on another level, IMO.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ was solid. Many people will be disappointed because it's more a character study than an action piece. On that level it works really well. No strutting scene chewing baddies this time around (besides a bit of a cameo by someone from S1).

I thought the direction they took the friend (radio DJ) was a bit weird. Most of my criticisms would be on that. Some of the tension between the two would have been friendship killers if they were being realistic, especially with women who hold grudges men can't even imagine.

7 out of 10

If you're aware of the entire Marvel Universe or google Patsy Walker, you can easily figure out what direction her character is going in.

I liked JJ2. We tend to forget that superheroes can be haunted by their own demons. One of the basic tenants of Spider Man is that Spidey is just a teenager trying to live in the real world, dealing with everyday teenage problems. Seeing the psychological impact on her past actions gives JJ a tremendous character arc. It's supposed to be dark and brooding, like a detective novel. Everyone can't be a hero and not everything goes the way we like.

Sure, we all want non-stop action and superhero battles, but some some of the most frightening battles are the internal ones. All the characters with major story lines were going through those kinds of battles.

8.5 out of 10 for me.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way she can shoot from that far away and get a head shot!

I just finished Season 2

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're aware of the entire Marvel Universe or google Patsy Walker, you can easily figure out what direction her character is going in.

I liked JJ2. We tend to forget that superheroes can be haunted by their own demons. One of the basic tenants of Spider Man is that Spidey is just a teenager trying to live in the real world, dealing with everyday teenage problems. Seeing the psychological impact on her past actions gives JJ a tremendous character arc. It's supposed to be dark and brooding, like a detective novel. Everyone can't be a hero and not everything goes the way we like.

Sure, we all want non-stop action and superhero battles, but some some of the most frightening battles are the internal ones. All the characters with major story lines were going through those kinds of battles.

8.5 out of 10 for me.

Yeah, that scene/outcome makes more sense given the elevator/phone scene to follow. And I'm not a comic guy at all, (besides just pop culture type knowledge) so I come in as a pretty blank slate.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way she can shoot from that far away and get a head shot!

I just finished Season 2
I thought the same thing. But the rest of the show was solid, so I looked past it.

Plus, as chf stated, her reveal at the end of the episode might explain her accuracy.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing. But the rest of the show was solid, so I looked past it.

Plus, as chf stated, her reveal at the end of the episode might explain her accuracy.

Yeah that is true... It does explain it. At least I think it should

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they do some flashbacks to JJs early costumed-hero days. They alluded to them in s1, but the flashbacks in s2 make the timeline a bit hard to piece together.