• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jessica Jones

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t been back to the Zoo since ‘03. Where did you hang? Is Wayside still there?
The Boatyard.

A newish brewery on the Northside. Seemed out of place as I got there, since it's the Northside. But it's a cool spot. Solid selection. Haven't seen them in stores yet, but I guess they're working on distributing outside of town. Hit up Bells too. (I skipped out on the Shakespeare's portion of the evening)And Harvey's. Always loved the upstairs balcony. But couldn't handle sitting outside. Whole city smells like poop right now. Lol All that flooding a few weeks ago...

They had to close Wayside. Too many shootings I guess. Bilbos is across the street in a strip mall now. The Den is gone. Video Hits too. They flattened the building. Took out Maggie's too. Wish I hadn't driven on that side of campus tbh. Kinda stung. Drakes Party Store is still
Rocking though. Lol. And Big Burrito has upgraded. Full on cantina.

We thought of hitting up Waldo's, but then realized we'd be those old guys. Lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boatyard.

A newish brewery on the Northside. Seemed out of place as I got there, since it's the Northside. But it's a cool spot. Solid selection. Haven't seen them in stores yet, but I guess they're working on distributing outside of town. Hit up Bells too. (I skipped out on the Shakespeare's portion of the evening)And Harvey's. Always loved the upstairs balcony. But couldn't handle sitting outside. Whole city smells like poop right now. Lol All that flooding a few weeks ago...

They had to close Wayside. Too many shootings I guess. Bilbos is across the street in a strip mall now. The Den is gone. Video Hits too. They flattened the building. Took out Maggie's too. Wish I hadn't driven on that side of campus tbh. Kinda stung. Drakes Party Store is still
Rocking though. Lol. And Big Burrito has upgraded. Full on cantina.

We thought of hitting up Waldo's, but then realized we'd be those old guys. Lol
Wasn’t BWs across from Wayside wayback when? We lived at BWs on Thursday’s. Golden Tee and .25 wings, baby.

Drake’s Party Store. Holy shit, what a dump. But an absolute Friday night must. No way would the Burito EVER go under. I think I spent about as much on midnight food there’s as I did on books.

Not too surprised about Wayside. I saw a guy get beaten to a bloody pulp upstairs one day at about 3 PM. Still my fave hangout, though. Shocked about Maggie’s. That place was a staple. A number of years ago, there was an HBO series following Dane Cook and his crew on a comedy tour. They had a full segment with them getting breakfast there.

I was an older student to begin with when I was there, so I only went to Waldo’s a few times. I spent most nights at Wayside or the hole-in-the-wall place down the street from Friday’s and Applebee’s (across from the back entrance to Drakes Pond, across from Qdoba; forget the name of the place)

Anyway, enough hijacking...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t BWs across from Wayside wayback when? We lived at BWs on Thursday’s. Golden Tee and .25 wings, baby.

Drake’s Party Store. Holy shit, what a dump. But an absolute Friday night must. No way would the Burito EVER go under. I think I spent about as much on midnight food there’s as I did on books.

Not too surprised about Wayside. I saw a guy get beaten to a bloody pulp upstairs one day at about 3 PM. Still my fave hangout, though. Shocked about Maggie’s. That place was a staple. A number of years ago, there was an HBO series following Dane Cook and his crew on a comedy tour. They had a full segment with them getting breakfast there.

I was an older student to begin with when I was there, so I only went to Waldo’s a few times. I spent most nights at Wayside or the hole-in-the-wall place down the street from Friday’s and Applebee’s (across from the back entrance to Drakes Pond, across from Qdoba; forget the name of the place)

Anyway, enough hijacking...
Bdubs is in a new building now. It's not as cool as the old one.

There's no way we didn't bump into each other back in the day. My friend managed that place, I was up there a lot.

Main Street..... went to the Gull Road spot last weekend...

Jessica Jones updates next time I go.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier

Which should I watch. Runaways or Jessica Jones S2?

I believe you've seen both

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@calsnowskier

Which should I watch. Runaways or Jessica Jones S2?

I believe you've seen both
I am only about half way through JJ2. I expect to finish that up tonight.

But of the two, i would recommend JJ2. Runaways was garbage, targeted at 12 year old girls.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple quick thought about JJ2 so far...

When she had her odd dream sequence in Ep 3 or 4, everything went purple. Was that supposed to be some kind of Kilgrave flashback? They still haven’t explained that yet.

I don’t trust the new building super. Heavy purple undertones in the painting he gave JJ.

There are some heavy “you go girl” undertones this season (the “good for a girl” speech in E2 and JJs “bitch” speech in the flashback episode), but I don’t think it has ruined the season. It has all been pretty true to the characters.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am only about half way through JJ2. I expect to finish that up tonight.

But of the two, i would recommend JJ2. Runaways was garbage, targeted at 12 year old girls.

Hmm, disappointing. I know that the source material was highly rated.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while Runaways is officially in the MCU, I did not catch a single easteregg to confirm it’s inclusion. So if you enjoy that aspect of universe building, this property adds nothing.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually kind of liked the runaways... now don't get me wrong, not saying it was anything special... but I am known to be a 12 year old girl...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while Runaways is officially in the MCU, I did not catch a single easteregg to confirm it’s inclusion. So if you enjoy that aspect of universe building, this property adds nothing.

was there any easter eggs in JJ, I didn't catch any... there wasn't even any good nurse Rosario...

and no mention of the defenders at all...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually kind of liked the runaways... now don't get me wrong, not saying it was anything special... but I am known to be a 12 year old girl...

It seemed like a really cool concept.

Another one I'd like to see was a mid 2000s one shot comic series called "The Freshmen."

But since it only had like 6 issues it would just be rehashing that story rather quickly.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like a really cool concept.

Another one I'd like to see was a mid 2000s one shot comic series called "The Freshmen."

But since it only had like 6 issues it would just be rehashing that story rather quickly.

yea, the runaways felt like a Disney channel show... but there was enough cool to make it watch worthy...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talking Disney channel... not Disney movies... and more modern day...

No I know.

Idk how old you but I grew up in the age of those monthly special Disney movies.

Some of them were fun like BRink, Johnny tsunami, and luck of the Irish.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I know.

Idk how old you but I grew up in the age of those monthly special Disney movies.

Some of them were fun like BRink, Johnny tsunami, and luck of the Irish.

IM too old that I shouldn't have seen them... but I have seen all of those...LOL... But like I said, some people have called me a 12 year old girl...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM too old that I shouldn't have seen them... but I have seen all of those...LOL... But like I said, some people have called me a 12 year old girl...

I would normally have been pushing the limits. But babysitting your little sister, nothing easier in the world than when one of those movies was on.

Popcorn + one of those movies = easiest night possible

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would normally have been pushing the limits. But babysitting your little sister, nothing easier in the world than when one of those movies was on.

Popcorn + one of those movies = easiest night possible

brink, wasn't that a real movie first before it hit Disney channel??

***edit***I guess I was 13 when brink came out in 1998 on Disney... but I kind of remember it being a Disney channel movie mid 2000s... but I guess that is why I kind of remembered it when Disney did the replays...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was there any easter eggs in JJ, I didn't catch any... there wasn't even any good nurse Rosario...

and no mention of the defenders at all...
They mention “the others” in the first episode when JJ I saw complaining to Trisha about her radio show. Later they mention “the Raft”, and the super’s kid is always referencing Captain America.. There have also been plenty of references to “the event” (Avengers I) in previous seasons of the Netflix’s MCU.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll, if you stopped wearing those outfits...