• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Maclin cut!

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff and Howie were in charge for all of this. They let Chip dismantle the team, and then they dismantled the players (pretty good ones) that Chip brought in. I understand why you blame Chip. What I don't get is how you give Jeff & Howie a free ride?

Who said I gave Jeff and Howie a free ride? Have you even been paying attention? To this day I maintain that Howie should only be allowed to handle money. He should not be allowed to play a part in any of the player selection. I have praised him recently because of the fantastic job he had done with what we were left with. He got rid of the players and contracts that would not be a fit. They may have been good players but they just did not fit here. These were players that Chip Kelly chose. He had full control.

If I am going to blame Lurie it is going to be for not getting the right people in to run the team. As an owner he has done what most people would expect. He lets hit staff run the team. He is a hands off owner. He recently has decide to take a more proactive approach and I am playing a wait and see on that. Who knows what his input would lead to.

Now you claim that Jeff and Howie let Chip dismantle the team. Comments like that is why I and most of the people here thing you are just stupid with it comes to this discussion. Lurie pulled the rug out from under Chip real fast. Once it was obvious he did not know what he was doing Lurie did what he could to protect the future of the team. You do nothing but try to find some way to make it seem like Chip Kelly is not at fault. For the record. The dismantling of this team is 100% Chip's fault. Why is it his fault? Becuase all the decision go jettison the talent we have and bring in the players he wanted was 100% his decision. He went to Lurie with an ultimatum based on his successful 1st season and he completely fucked up the franchise. Howie's input was only contract negotiations. His job was to bring in the players the Chip chose. He did exactly what he asked. Lurie realized that he fucked up giving Chip Kelly full control and went in and took it from him. He saw that Chip Kelly was a moron and was fucking up the team. That is why Chip did not get to finish his last season.

Stop trying to take blame from Chip. It makes you look like an idiot. No one here is buying the bullshit that Howie should get blame for the decisions Chip made. Even those us that do not like Howie (myself is included in that list) realize he should not take the blame for someone else's fuck up. Own the fact that Chip is an idiot when it comes to NFL football. You are probably his only apologist. It should be quite embarrasing for you to be honest. You really do look dumb.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is water under the bridge at this point. I am just not buying into Howie. He created this mess by hiring Chip, and Jeff did a poor job on managing the Chip responsibility and firing. My impression of the Doug hire is that it was the one guy left that wanted the job after striking out on recruiting the other choices, and he has done nothing much to impress me in his first year.

Doug hires an OC that has done nothing much but hang around, and a somewhat better DC, (although he brings back the wide nine, which is a lousy defense...only really shows some success as Schwartz overcomes scheme with good personnel decisions and motivation).

Howie spends a mint on a QB that obviously as some potential, but could easily be the next David Carr or Blake Bortles. Overspends on a ton of slightly above average players, leaving them cap wise in the worst position in the league, so even if he does have success, he will likely have to re-do the roster again. Its a hodge podge strategy that only makes sense if you figure that Howie is dancing his last dance to try to keep his job and hoping that it comes together just enough to buy him some more time.

I give it about a 25% chance of working predicated primarily on if Wentz comes through for him and looks like the stud he looked like for the first 4 games last year. But frankly its a long shot play as I don't think Wentz alone can do it and really needs innovate offensive design and decision making from the staff...and all I see there in Pederson and Reich are a couple ex Jocks who could never do the job that well themselves and never proved much in their previous coaching stints either.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip is water under the bridge at this point. I am just not buying into Howie. He created this mess by hiring Chip, and Jeff did a poor job on managing the Chip responsibility and firing. My impression of the Doug hire is that it was the one guy left that wanted the job after striking out on recruiting the other choices, and he has done nothing much to impress me in his first year.

None of this makes sense. The Chip Kelly hiring initially was a good one. Most people here thought it was a good signing and the success of his first season showed a lot of promise. Then he wanted full control and got it. Once he did that he really screwed things up. Chip was in over his head in the NFL. It was not like Lurie could fire him in the middle of the first season he had control. The team took a major step backwards and Chip was the biggest problem. Lurie went to him and told him he was taking some of the control away. Chip balked at that and was fired immedietely. It was a good thing by Lurie too. He was taking ownership of the problem and admitted what the issue was. Chip was too much of an egomaniac and bit him in the ass. Then he found people stupid enough to hire him in San Fran and the gave him control and he screwed that up too.

Howie spends a mint on a QB that obviously as some potential, but could easily be the next David Carr or Blake Bortles. Overspends on a ton of slightly above average players, leaving them cap wise in the worst position in the league, so even if he does have success, he will likely have to re-do the roster again. Its a hodge podge strategy that only makes sense if you figure that Howie is dancing his last dance to try to keep his job and hoping that it comes together just enough to buy him some more time.

We have been down this road already. Most of us have already debunked this stupid argument. Scroll up and read the responses.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you read your own link???

Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead

Yeah. Your statement was that irregardless was not a word. Webster says it is. I trust Webster over some dude on a message board.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Your statement was that irregardless was not a word. Webster says it is. I trust Webster over some dude on a message board.

Regardless should be used in its place. Use of "irregardless" indicates a lack of education. Good job.

But you are a fraudulent fan so use whatever letters in whatever order you'd like.:thumb:

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless should be used in its place. Use of "irregardless" indicates a lack of education. Good job.

But you are a fraudulent fan so use whatever letters in whatever order you'd like.:thumb:

My Masters degree in Engineering didn't teach me know good grammar. :)

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much rather have Eric Decker over Maclin!!

But it seems BALT is thinking the same thing.

Maclin will need to take whatever he can find.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know some dude on a message board with a self claimed masters in engineer that is not an eagles fan, that I wish would go away and stop posting eagles hate on an eagles board. It's low class.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much rather have Eric Decker over Maclin!!

But it seems BALT is thinking the same thing.

Maclin will need to take whatever he can find.

Decker is injury prone. He is not what he used to be.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some dude on a message board with a self claimed masters in engineer that is not an eagles fan, that I wish would go away and stop posting eagles hate on an eagles board. It's low class.

Howie hate....not Eagles hate.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have much cap room.