• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Maclin cut!

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we'd have the cash.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not totally surprising. He didn't play well last year and they have several promising young wideouts. But...yea I would love to have him back.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we'd have the cash.

I doubt we should spend that cash if we have it.

It's funny...I'm driving around running errands today and here the report of Maclin being cut and think "I bet this has already been posted on the board. Just about one year here and I have you jokers figured out!

I would love to have back the Maclin we let walk a few years ago. But I have doubts he still exists. If we were sitting back in January I would say we absolutely take the shot. But with where the position is at now I'd pass. You can only roll the dice so much.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reporters think we could make room for him since we likely will cut Mychal Kendricks and Ryan Matthews. But, after signing Alshon Jefferey and Torrey Smith, and drafting two rookie receivers, I am not sure they are interested.

As much as I like Maclin, you also have to factor in that he is close to 30 and a guy who has had multiple knee injuries. He may be slowing down.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some reporters think we could make room for him since we likely will cut Mychal Kendricks and Ryan Matthews. But, after signing Alshon Jefferey and Torrey Smith, and drafting two rookie receivers, I am not sure they are interested.

As much as I like Maclin, you also have to factor in that he is close to 30 and a guy who has had multiple knee injuries. He may be slowing down.

Exactly my thoughts. It's not the same guy who left a few years back. And building a team back up is about using your cap for future potential and not past performance.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will probably wind up with the Ravens. If Reid cut him, that means he's not the same. Shame.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass ... we already have two vets. I'd rather just try and develop the young guys alongside Wentz. Plus Maclin will likely get a much higher offer else where.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. NO reason to go backwards. I was never a huge fan of Maclin as a #1. We have Jordan Matthews, and there isn't much difference. Jordan is finally a #2 or 3 which is what he should have been. Same with Maclin. If we would have been able to get M. Williams, we would have had the best set of starting wR's for some time. AS it is, we are solid. I see no reason to spend the money and overcrowd the position even more. Pass.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like McCoy is actively recruiting for Maclin, and the first call maclin made was to McCoy. Could be going to bills.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMac being cut is a clear indication that he was overpaid. It is also another sign that Reid still does not value the WR position. The Chiefs are going to suck on offense this year.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stinks, but I don't want to see him back. He wouldn't of been cut if he hadn't lost a step.

Wouldn't mind seeing him in Buffalo, they could use some help up there.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maclin was one of my favorite players. When he left I was not happy but understood why. I felt the Chiefs overpaid. I think we are set at the WR position and there isn't a spot for for Maclin here.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely you are not going to sit here and say that Maclin is a better receiver than Ashlon Jeffrey are you? I am trying to figure out what your implication is since you only posted numbers.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely you are not going to sit here and say that Maclin is a better receiver than Ashlon Jeffrey are you? I am trying to figure out what your implication is since you only posted numbers.

Certainly been more productive. Really surprised that KC let him loose with $7.2M in dead money. Was a good guy and a productive receiver everywhere he went.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly been more productive. Really surprised that KC let him loose with $7.2M in dead money. Was a good guy and a productive receiver everywhere he went.

More productive? Not even remotely accurate. If you are going to say who is more productive you have to look at everything not just a couple suggestive stats.

I only went through the last two. No need to go any further. It is obvious that Jeffrey is the more productive receiver when you actually look at everything. When you look at the 2015 stats keep in mind that Jeffrey play in 9 games why Maclin played in 15.

2016:
Catches over 20 yards. Maclin - 6 / Jeffrey - 12
Yards per game: Maclin - 44.6/ Jeffery - 68.4
Yards after catch: Maclin - 128 / Jeffrey - 213
First Downs: Maclin - 29 / Jeffrey - 41
Yards per reception Maclin - 12.2 / Jeffery - 15.8

2015:
Catches over 20 yards. Maclin - 14 / Jeffrey - 14
Yards per game: Maclin - 72.6/ Jeffery - 89.7
Yards after catch: Maclin - 324 / Jeffrey - 190
First Downs: Maclin - 49 / Jeffrey - 43
Yards per reception Maclin - 12.5 / Jeffrey 14.9

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More productive? Not even remotely accurate. If you are going to say who is more productive you have to look at everything not just a couple suggestive stats.

I only went through the last two. No need to go any further. It is obvious that Jeffrey is the more productive receiver when you actually look at everything. When you look at the 2015 stats keep in mind that Jeffrey play in 9 games why Maclin played in 15.

2016:
Catches over 20 yards. Maclin - 6 / Jeffrey - 12
Yards per game: Maclin - 44.6/ Jeffery - 68.4
Yards after catch: Maclin - 128 / Jeffrey - 213
First Downs: Maclin - 29 / Jeffrey - 41
Yards per reception Maclin - 12.2 / Jeffery - 15.8

2015:
Catches over 20 yards. Maclin - 14 / Jeffrey - 14
Yards per game: Maclin - 72.6/ Jeffery - 89.7
Yards after catch: Maclin - 324 / Jeffrey - 190
First Downs: Maclin - 49 / Jeffrey - 43
Yards per reception Maclin - 12.5 / Jeffrey 14.9

Not arguing that Jeffery brings some skills to the table, but more games, more catches, more yards, more TDs = More productive. Maclin should find a job with his resume.

Very unusual to release him this late in process. Makes it very hard for a team like the Eagles who may have preferred him as a pickup to Jeffery (Familiarity, knows the systems and the city, etc) after they acquired 4 other receivers. Seems out of character for Andy Reid to treat a player this way. The timing more than anything else essentially makes this a lost season financially for Maclin. Release him on a normal schedule and you would think he would get a Jeffery type contract.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His only purpose in posting, is to create controversy and stir people up. He knows what he posts creates conclusions that are absurd, but he does it for a reaction.

The real issue for most is that most don't understand how any true eagles fan could become a non fan, because of the way being a fan gets into your blood and the passion it invokes. But the bottom line is, Premier is not an Eagles fan and is showing that he never truly was.

Maclin was the primary and only threat, and his numbers suck in that context. They expect for a 3rd round pick to become his replacement. Reid does not value the WR position, and it is the single biggest reason that PHI does not have a SB trophy. Alshon has never been the #1 the way Maclin was, and yet his numbers and physical play are much better, for anyone that actually watches a game. Alshon will mean more to this team than Maclin ever did or could. Of course, Premier will not be here to answer his garbage presentations, because all he ever does is ignore refutation and moves on to another subject and makes more non sense charges. IT is an unended flow of chit, and why so many see him as simply an ars, with so little regard to the substance of anything he writes anymore.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His only purpose in posting, is to create controversy and stir people up. He knows what he posts creates conclusions that are absurd, but he does it for a reaction.

The real issue for most is that most don't understand how any true eagles fan could become a non fan, because of the way being a fan gets into your blood and the passion it invokes. But the bottom line is, Premier is not an Eagles fan and is showing that he never truly was.

I am an Eagles Fan and have been for 30 years. Can't quite seem to shake that, which is why I have the view I have. I have it in my blood and I have that passion. It pi$$e$ me off that this team is being run into the ground by the current GM and Head Coach. I sure do hope they prove me wrong, but that is where I am at right now.

I view most of you as being to one degree or another willing drinkers of the koolaid, and feel compelled due to my passion to point out that the koolaid you are drinking is pi$$ water.

Call me what you will. Disagree as you wish. But my twisted version of fandom is real and authentic and my motives for posting are pure.