• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jeremy Kerley cut

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked over the cuts as they were coming in and this is the only one that stood out to me. I thought he was an excellent acquisition last year and I was disappointed to see that he got the axe.

I thought it might just be me who was confused by this, but it looks like at least one analyst agrees with me.

"Jeremy Kerley was the 49ers' leading receiver on a rough passing attack last year. That's presumably why new GM John Lynch gave him $2.8 million guaranteed on a three-year contract back in March, making Saturday's release stunning. It is extremely rare to see that much money flushed down the toilet without any return, especially when the player was already on the team."

Cutdown weekend: Patriots, Seahawks highlight uptick in trades

I just don't understand this move at all. Is there something I'm missing here? :scratch:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he'd make it to, but I guess the money is little given how much SF has, and how much they like Trent Taylor - whom I assume will be the slot/3rd guy - as well as Bolden.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerley was a really good player last year and one of baalke's few good pickups. I think it is just part of youth movement. They signed Kerley before drafting Taylor. I think they like what they have in Taylor and Bolden and are going youth

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really like Trent Taylor who figures to get used mostly in the slot which was where Kerley played. Kerley still likely would have made the team if not for Bolden Jr. Bolden Jr will probably be our main return man and I'm sure Shanahan will find plays for him to use that speed a few times a game.

A lot of teams also don't like to keep veterans when they know they don't plan on giving them much playing time. They usually release or trade them so they can have a better opportunity.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had also read some where that Taylor and Bolden out played him all camp

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked over the cuts as they were coming in and this is the only one that stood out to me. I thought he was an excellent acquisition last year and I was disappointed to see that he got the axe.

I thought it might just be me who was confused by this, but it looks like at least one analyst agrees with me.

"Jeremy Kerley was the 49ers' leading receiver on a rough passing attack last year. That's presumably why new GM John Lynch gave him $2.8 million guaranteed on a three-year contract back in March, making Saturday's release stunning. It is extremely rare to see that much money flushed down the toilet without any return, especially when the player was already on the team."

Cutdown weekend: Patriots, Seahawks highlight uptick in trades

I just don't understand this move at all. Is there something I'm missing here? :scratch:
He certainly was the most productive receiver they had last year. I wonder what happened.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They really like Trent Taylor who figures to get used mostly in the slot which was where Kerley played. Kerley still likely would have made the team if not for Bolden Jr. Bolden Jr will probably be our main return man and I'm sure Shanahan will find plays for him to use that speed a few times a game.

A lot of teams also don't like to keep veterans when they know they don't plan on giving them much playing time. They usually release or trade them so they can have a better opportunity.
That's the only logical reason I can think of.