• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jays v. Rays

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two teams going in different directions. The Rays were the worst team in baseball not that long ago and the Jays were close to the best. We all know neither of those things was accurate and sure enough, they are both streaking toward .500 in different ways.

Game 1: Buerhle v. Archer
Game 2: Hutch v. Price
Game 3: Happ v. Ordozzi

I'm predicting they get 1 game, but wouldn't be shocked if they got swept. Archer is a solid pitcher, Buerhle hasn't won in what seems like months. My guess is Jays win Game 3 like 9-8. They lose the first two in low-scoring affairs.

Adam Lind is injured again. The guy was hitting like .320. Not good. EE is on the shelf. The lineup is looking more Bison-like everday.

SIGH.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called that series. Nice work.

I'm on the verge of giving up on this year. The Sox and O's are rolling, and of course, we're being bent over by injuries and our pitching staff has gone to shit.

It was fun while it lasted though.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I feel the same way. I try to look on the bright side: Would I be okay with the Jays being over .500 and 4 games out of first at the break if you'd asked me before the first game of the season? Yeah, I probably would be. But I can't help that it doesn't feel that exciting considering how bad they've been for sooooo long.

The Texas Rangers, who are ungodly bad, come to Toronto to kick off the first series after the break. If they go out and sweep them, it might bring back some of that excitement. That's what a legit playoff team would do. Pretenders who need wins are the ones that will struggle with Texas and Houston.

We'll see who they are soon.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully, the Jays roster in 14 was never that good. Bats got hot for a month and they had a bit of a streak. Pitching, particularly starters, has been substandard.

Sure injuries have played a part, but all teams have injuries.

This is a .500 team, and seems like it has been stuck in this rut since 93. Probably time for some fresh, new minds (bye bye AA and Gibby), continue to evaluate the keepers, and work towards building a solid long term roster.