• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jaylon Smith Update

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is big, big news. We were told from the beginning to not get excited at all until the nerve started to regenerate and now it looks like it is. But he still has a long, long way to go. We will find out where he is once practices start. Even if there is some regeneration it could stop at any point. Once we hear the term "full practice" it will pretty much be a slam dunk the guy is going to contribute:hope:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news!!! We need it!!

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally no news is good news, but with Jaylon it seams like every update is GREAT News

Cowboys' Jaylon Smith could be back on the field without knee brace

FRISCO, Texas -- Even though Jaylon Smith is not expected to do anything of consequence on the field during the Dallas Cowboys' rookie minicamp the next few days, all eyes will be trained on the linebacker anyway.

His surgically repaired left knee is 100 percent, and the nerve issue that has affected his foot is said to be improving to the point that he might not need a brace when the season starts.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally no news is good news, but with Jaylon it seams like every update is GREAT News

FRISCO, Texas -- Even though Jaylon Smith is not expected to do anything of consequence on the field during the Dallas Cowboys' rookie minicamp the next few days, all eyes will be trained on the linebacker anyway.

His surgically repaired left knee is 100 percent, and the nerve issue that has affected his foot is said to be improving to the point that he might not need a brace when the season starts.

This would be kick ass!!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giddy I tell ya, giddy!
I'll go with cautiously optimistic. WE are now reading all the things we were told to look for so that is great news. Let's see him in a game before I expect him to be the guy we hoped we were drafting. If he is able to suit up on game day week 1 that will be a great step. If he continues to improve it may take another year to get himself back to as close to 100% as he will ever be. So maybe this year we see a guy that can contribute and next year we see a player that can dominate:hope:. Regardless of how well he plays, if he plays at all on Sundays it will be a great story. He seems to be a great kid and many non-Cowboy fans are pulling for him because of that. IMO he was one of the more talented non-pass rushing LBs to come out of College Football in a long time.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope that nerve continues to improve.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylon is jacked.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted this may be just spun sugar but I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Bryon Jones on Jaylon Smith

He’s healthy, he’s 100 percent,” Jones said. “His mind — he doesn’t worry about what happened two years ago. He doesn’t care about that. What he’s trying to do, I think his motto is clear-eyed vision. He’s doing well at that. He’s balling out for us so far. He’s learning the playbook and he looks healthy running around.”

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We read a lot saying how good he is and then you read between the lines and hear that maybe he isn't quite where he needs to be yet. It's only June (well for 12 more hours) so he still has time to keep improving. I like what I've heard/read so far.

Will be very interested in seeing him in preseason games. The big hurdle was always the nerve starting to regenerate and it has. The next thing is how much does it regenerate: we aren't sure. A good sign will be when he no longer is wearing the brace. Another good sign will be if he can cover. I read something a couple of weeks ago about how he didn't look right in coverage and that maybe this year he is a two down backer and with further improvement hopefully he is an every down guy next year. Regardless of what happens if he doesn't have a good year it is important to remember that he should be better next year. The plan always seemed to be: year 1 sit out, year 2 play some, year 3 he should be as healthy as he will get. I'm still in wait and see or believe it when I see it mode, but also still very excited about this kid and what could be.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an update this week. Jaylon is wearing a custom ankle brace and not an AFO. He can now raise his pinky toe. Ready to see what he can do

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't look like much of a chance he is the guy we hoped by week 1. My thought all along was year 3 is the year we may get the real Jaylon Smith. Hopefully he is healthy enough to play and contribute for the beginning of the season. If he can't cut well enough to play 3rd downs that isn't a huge deal. With Wilson in question now we need Smith to be able to play. If Wilson doesn't get suspended I don't think Smith starts.