• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Gunn (Director of GotG 1 and 2) Fired from Guardians of the Galaxy 3 ... Update: Now Rehired

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have stars threatening to quit if they don't bring Gunn back it's easy to see why they are considering it.
As @BusSport pointed out in post #30, the cast was NOT threatening to quit.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dave Bautista is;

Dave Bautista

I will do what I'm legally obligated to do but @Guardians without @JamesGunn is not what I signed up for. GOTG w/o @JamesGunn just isn’t GOTG. Its also pretty nauseating to work for someone who’d empower a smear campaign by fascists #cybernazis . That’s just how I feel

Exclusive: Dave Bautista tells ShortList he'll quit 'Guardians of the Galaxy' if James Gunn's script isn’t used

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To clarify, though, my post #30, posted July 31, was in response to the cast's open letter of July 30, which contained no threat to quit.

About a week after that letter and my post, on August 5, Dave Bautista went further than the rest of the cast in threatening to quit if James Gunn's script isn't used. That said, there is a difference between threatening to quit if James Gunn's script isn't used and threatening to quit unless James Gunn is rehired as director, since Marvel had never actually pulled Gunn's script in the first place (Gunn was fired as director, not as writer). Bautista was threatening to quit if Disney went further in wiping the film of Gunn, but it wasn't a threat that demanded the rehiring of Gunn as director.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BusSport , @Duffman

Since it’s just a script-issue, I don’t think the studio had any plans of changing the script. Like you said, it’s still not a demand that the director be rehired. Besides,considering the actors are already under contract to do the movie, quitting could make them liable to the studio for damages.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Bautista is;

Dave Bautista

I will do what I'm legally obligated to do but @Guardians without @JamesGunn is not what I signed up for. GOTG w/o @JamesGunn just isn’t GOTG. Its also pretty nauseating to work for someone who’d empower a smear campaign by fascists #cybernazis . That’s just how I feel

Exclusive: Dave Bautista tells ShortList he'll quit 'Guardians of the Galaxy' if James Gunn's script isn’t used
I don’t think it matters if anyone quits other than Chris Pratt

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it matters if anyone quits other than Chris Pratt
Exactly, Batista's part is nothing more than a few one line jokes. I feel that he can easily be replaced.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, that group has pretty good chemistry. Replacing all but one is kinda likely to eff with that. We'll see I guess.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, Batista's part is nothing more than a few one line jokes. I feel that he can easily be replaced.
I totally disagree with htat.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, all the cast's open letter says is that they support him (what a great guy they think Gunn is, how grateful they are to him, how they wish this hadn't happened, that he's still got a great career ahead of him, and so on and so on).

There's no mention whatsoever of resigning or quitting. There's a big difference between supporting Gunn and that.
Does anybody think these folks are really going to walk away from big paychecks over Gunn?
Cmon, Pratt was a minor character on Parks & Rec not that long ago...he's going to make hay like crazy while the sun shines.

Last edited:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody think these folks are really going to walk away from big paychecks over Gunn?
Cmon, Pratt was a minor character on Park & Rec not that long ago...he's going to make hay like crazy while the sun shines.
I think Pratt is one of the most in demand actors out there right now. He is not going to lose sleep over not doing another Guardians movie if he is standing up for this.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pratt is one of the most in demand actors out there right now. He is not going to lose sleep over not doing another Guardians movie if he is standing up for this.
Yeah, Pratt is a solid A-lister at this point. He doesn’t need GotG anymore.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Pratt is a solid A-lister at this point. He doesn’t need GotG anymore.
I mean, it doesn't hurt to have all that merch and the money rolling in from it. Not at all.

But he would find work and I think most of the others on there would as well.

But also, Disney is a big corner of the business and they might not want to get blackballed from their movies in the future.

I am willing to bet Gunn reached out to them and told them it's no big deal.

Because i also think Gunn will get work again. This will not ruin him.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunn will be fine and probably reinstated. Roman Polanski got a standing O and an Oscar not to long ago and he didn't just joke about nailing a kid, he actually did it. And the first to stand and applaud was Meryl Streep when his name was announced. The same Streep that has such an issue with the Donald. :burt:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's can change quickly. Plus it's nice to have that big pay check lined up. George Clooney said quite a few times having the Ocean's movies were great because he knew the money was coming in (This was before he sold the booze company) and could take other indie or small roles that didn't pay all that well because he liked the project

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunn will be fine and probably reinstated. Roman Polanski got a standing O and an Oscar not to long ago and he didn't just joke about nailing a kid, he actually did it. And the first to stand and applaud was Meryl Streep when his name was announced. The same Streep that has such an issue with the Donald. :burt:
Multiple studios are after him and just waiting for his deal with Disney to legally end. Time Warner is one of them and I would love to see what he could do with a DC property.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's can change quickly. Plus it's nice to have that big pay check lined up. George Clooney said quite a few times having the Ocean's movies were great because he knew the money was coming in (This was before he sold the booze company) and could take other indie or small roles that didn't pay all that well because he liked the project
Pratt has the Jurassic World movies too. He isn't wanting for action films.