• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Gunn (Director of GotG 1 and 2) Fired from Guardians of the Galaxy 3 ... Update: Now Rehired

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that is the case, do you feel that Roseanne should have kept her job?

She was being serious, you can tell Gunn was not. However they both work for Disney and while a little different because she currently worked for Disney when she said that over Gunn's tweets being from 7-10 years ago before he did they don't want the negativity that comes with it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark humor is like food in a Communist country, not everyone gets it.
No, we all get it. It’s just not funny. That kind of humor is for idiots. It’s not hard to “get”.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we all get it. It’s just not funny. That kind of humor is for idiots. It’s not hard to “get”.

This is no different than a comedian making these jokes, which there have been plenty of. It's just a shame that we live in such a snowflake culture that now even clear cut jokes are affecting people. 100% guaranteed that if Gunn said that stuff at a comedy club there wouldnb't be this massive of an outrage.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is no different than a comedian making these jokes, which there have been plenty of. It's just a shame that we live in such a snowflake culture that now even clear cut jokes are affecting people. 100% guaranteed that if Gunn said that stuff at a comedy club there wouldnb't be this massive of an outrage.
I just watched Ricky gervais’s new Netflix stand up today where he addresses this topic. I get where your coming from. None of that shit is funny. None of it is clever. It’s just a dipshit talking about grossly innapropriate things in hopes some dumbass will laugh at it. In the real world, people who use that specific kind of humor exclusively, use it because they are not funny and it’s easy.

And if Gunn used those jokes at a comedy club, you’d probably hear crickets.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got fired for saying shit 6 years before he directed the movie?

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney being Disney.

Guaranteed, with them in charge, Deadpool is going to be WAY different. No way we get the "Basic Instinct" scenes.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people should just not tweet. Or RT. Or even have twitter.

He tried provocative humor... I know it's not funny or even clever, but there are people like that.

Who expects to be fired over bad jokes written 10 years ago?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He tried provocative humor... I know it's not funny or even clever, but there are people like that.

Who expects to be fired over bad jokes written 10 years ago?

I get what he was trying to do but it was classless. Classless stuff isn't humor. Like the comedian who had a beheaded Trump, just classless.

If he was going to get the ax for it, should have been long ago. Seems silly to do it now but that is hollywood.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what he was trying to do but it was classless. Classless stuff isn't humor. Like the comedian who had a beheaded Trump, just classless.

If he was going to get the ax for it, should have been long ago. Seems silly to do it now but that is hollywood.

Classless, well, it's humor, some people still laugh at fart jokes. Some people believe that South Park is classless, while others consider it genius.

Since it's obviously an attempt at humor, and this happened years ago, I don't understand why he was fired over it.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Classless, well, it's humor, some people still laugh at fart jokes. Some people believe that South Park is classless, while others consider it genius.

Since it's obviously an attempt at humor, and this happened years ago, I don't understand why he was fired over it.

All fart jokes are classless. The ones I tell are fucking funny. :nod:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this happened years ago, I don't understand why he was fired over it.

Because it wasn't until this week that the tweets got dug up and heavily publicized.

At that time he made those tweets, he was an obscure indie director whom no one knew about, so no one was paying any attention to those tweets at that time.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was obviously kidding Stupid to fire him for 10 year old tweets.

That said, he sounds like a complete retard. You can make a funny joke about r*pe, but he doesn't seem to understand the part where it has to be a joke. He also doesn't seem to understand what a joke is in general.

For instance here's a r*pe joke:

"James Gunn recently got fired for tweets he posted 10 years ago. Some are claiming he has deleted the tweets but seeing as they were 10 years old I think it's more likely that he just raped them out of existence."

Here's a James Gunn r*pe joke:

"I just raped a 12 year old girl."

Hilarious right?