• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

James Franklin to Texas A&M ???

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin can make $5.8M a year at PSU with bonuses. Unless A&M is willing shell out $6.5/year I wouldn't worry too much. I'm sure that they COULD afford to do so, the question will come down to whether or not they are willing to do so. I'd be more concerned that whoever they hire will go after some of our assistants.

Food for thought: USA TODAY Sports

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, this is just comic gold and clickbait. Franklin has a better job, is already one of highest paid coaches in land, is HOME and at his dream job already. Anyone worried about this is wasting their time.

His buyout is low because they aren't worried about him leaving.

Here's some food for thought on this. who is the last college coach to leave a premiere program for another when his program was rolling...let alone taking a step down to a lesser program??

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, this is just comic gold and clickbait. Franklin has a better job, is already one of highest paid coaches in land, is HOME and at his dream job already. Anyone worried about this is wasting their time.

His buyout is low because they aren't worried about him leaving.

Here's some food for thought on this. who is the last college coach to leave a premiere program for another when his program was rolling...let alone taking a step down to a lesser program??

Bill O'Brian

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brian
BoB left to go to the NFL, which is a better gig. That's not the case with JF, he's in a better spot now than he would be with A&M. Situations aren't really comparable.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BoB left to go to the NFL, which is a better gig. That's not the case with JF, he's in a better spot now than he would be with A&M. Situations aren't really comparable.

Posters also thought there was no way BOB would leave for the NFL (LBU) Hey anything can happen especially if more $$$ is involved. I am not saying it will happen just posting the article.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brian

PSu was never his dream gig or destination job. He always wanted the NFL and really had no intention of leaving when he did. Texas A&M is not an NFL job that you've always dreamed about...Franklin has the job he's always wanted already, is well compensated and his staff also loves it here....many have roots in area.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posters also thought there was no way BOB would leave for the NFL (LBU) Hey anything can happen especially if more $$$ is involved. I am not saying it will happen just posting the article.

Again, he had nointentions of leaving at that time. Our Athletic department was a disorganized mess at that point, he could not get ahold of the AD for several days to discuss what he wanted to stay and he always said his goal was an NFL job. You talk about $$$, look at what Franklin makes and where he already is in the list of highest paid coaches. You think A&M is going to throw around more money than Bama, OSU, Michigan and Texas?? Franklin will be right around 6 mil per year with his extension, what exactly do you think a second teir program like A&M is going to throw at him while paying the remaing years at 5 mil per on Sumlin contract?

Our athletic departmemnt and University President are now on same page with our coach, it has zero percent similarity to B'OB situation

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, he had nointentions of leaving at that time. Our Athletic department was a disorganized mess at that point, he could not get ahold of the AD for several days to discuss what he wanted to stay and he always said his goal was an NFL job. You talk about $$$, look at what Franklin makes and where he already is in the list of highest paid coaches. You think A&M is going to throw around more money than Bama, OSU, Michigan and Texas?? Franklin will be right around 6 mil per year with his extension, what exactly do you think a second teir program like A&M is going to throw at him while paying the remaing years at 5 mil per on Sumlin contract?

Our athletic departmemnt and University President are now on same page with our coach, it has zero percent similarity to B'OB situation

Just admit you said BOB will never leave PSU for Houston. :thumb:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just admit you said BOB will never leave PSU for Houston. :thumb:

I did and that was based on info from people who would have known. Our wonderful interim AD screwed the pooch on that one...luckily he at least had the common sense to hire Franklin to replace him. Hell, I lost several bets on the B'OB ordeal and I never bet cash unless I am very, very confident ion the info.

But again, the situation is like night and day different. Franklin dream job PSU, is here, has it rolling, is one of highest paid coaches in CFB....B'OB, took job to get HC experience with NFL always end goal, got mistreated by a dipshit interim AD while trying to get some things to stay, took offer and left

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did and that was based on info from people who would have known. Our wonderful interim AD screwed the pooch on that one...luckily he at least had the common sense to hire Franklin to replace him. Hell, I lost several bets on the B'OB ordeal and I never bet cash unless I am very, very confident ion the info.

But again, the situation is like night and day different. Franklin dream job PSU, is here, has it rolling, is one of highest paid coaches in CFB....B'OB, took job to get HC experience with NFL always end goal, got mistreated by a dipshit interim AD while trying to get some things to stay, took offer and left

For the record I am not saying Franklin will leave, just saying we should never say never. I am still not a huge Franklin is a good coach fan but I will say he is one hell of a recruiter. He still has work to do in time management areas, play calling, and other areas but I am pleasantly surprised on how will he has turned PSU around. It's a great time to be a PSU fan.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Recruiting is a crazy business, people will do anything to create drama<br>1. From PA<br>2. #3 Ranked Team<br>3. #3 Ranked recruiting Class<a href="#WeAre hashtag on Twitter">#WeAre</a></p>&mdash; James Franklin (@coachjfranklin) <a href="">October 13, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A&M is by no means a 2nd tier program. I would say they are about the same level as PSU. PSU also has the scandal that James Franklin has managed to overcome. I love PSU always have, but A&M is no 2nd tier program.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is irrelevant.

Sumlin has won enough this year to guarantee next

Revisit thread in 11 months

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T

A&M is by no means a 2nd tier program. I would say they are about the same level as PSU. PSU also has the scandal that James Franklin has managed to overcome. I love PSU always have, but A&M is no 2nd tier program.

In what way is A&M on the same level as PSU? PSU is an all time top 10 program, one of the top jobs and few destination jobs in nation. A&M has 150 less wins as a program. You think they would've survived the sanctions we were hit with? They would've been nuked to the stone age like NCAA wanted to do with us. Its not on same level, not even close.

Franklin is home, has it rolling at an elite job, his dream job, and is making bank.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Prestige wise, Penn State has the edge over A&M, IMO. However, money wise, A&M has a pretty solid donor base and could compete with PSU. That said, I'd be surprised if he left to go to A&M

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prestige wise, Penn State has the edge over A&M, IMO. However, money wise, A&M has a pretty solid donor base and could compete with PSU. That said, I'd be surprised if he left to go to A&M

I'm as worried about A&M as I am about a meteor hitting me while riding my dinosaur on my way to Columbus today:D

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as worried about A&M as I am about a meteor hitting me while riding my dinosaur on my way to Columbus today:D

Enjoy the game. It's gonna be a good one. This week has been dragging for me because of the anticipation.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the game. It's gonna be a good one. This week has been dragging for me because of the anticipation.

Yeah, I can't wait. My first trip to shoe, stakes haven't been this high in this game for about a decade. Should be a good one, just glad the rain is supposed to clear out late morning

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't wait. My first trip to shoe, stakes haven't been this high in this game for about a decade. Should be a good one, just glad the rain is supposed to clear out late morning

Hope you get treated well. I've been to State College twice for games. First time I was with friends who were Penn State fans so I didn't catch any grief, 2nd time it was just my wife and I and we had a few not so friendly jabs thrown our way. Both times I had a lot of fun. Beaver stadium is a fantastic atmosphere