• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jake Elliott to the Eagles

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little late on this one, but did you guys hear/read Marvin's reaction last week when a reporter asked him about Jake Elliot's 61 yard game winner? Marvin didn't say anything nice about the kid at all.... He said, "What is he, 3 for 5?"

What a fucking dick.

Never change Marvin, never change.

Man, that is a dick move, even for Marvin who always appears to be a dick. He knows he fucked this one up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little late on this one, but did you guys hear/read Marvin's reaction last week when a reporter asked him about Jake Elliot's 61 yard game winner? Marvin didn't say anything nice about the kid at all.... He said, "What is he, 3 for 5?"

What a fucking dick.

Meh.

I don't think it was a dig at the kid. I think it was a dig at the question. If he had been 2-4 starting off, fans, media, and everyone else would have been killing the Bengals for cutting a known commodity in the kicking game for a rookie who didn't even win the competition in pre-season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so.

Elliott was a rookie, 1st kicker taken off the board, has a huge leg, was a draft pick, more upside, longer career still ahead of him, and currently cheaper. There should have been no real kicking competition. They should have cut Bullock immediately after getting the guy they wanted and let Bullock find a new home during preseason.

That is what they should have done. Instead, they pitted a rookie against a vet, didn't let the rookie get all the kicks in preseason to prepare and then cut him and lost a draft pick in the process.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

I don't think it was a dig at the kid. I think it was a dig at the question. If he had been 2-4 starting off, fans, media, and everyone else would have been killing the Bengals for cutting a known commodity in the kicking game for a rookie who didn't even win the competition in pre-season.

Again, I agreed that they need to take Bullock after they let it be a competition.

But Marvin was being a fucking asshole. Here was the question and answer:

Did you see Jake Elliot’s game-winning 61-yard field goal from Sunday?

“No. He’s — what? — three-of-five or something like that (on field goals)?”

Come on..... He didn't see it? Yet knew his stats? He could have just said he was happy for the kid and moved on. But he's an insecure prick.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I agreed that they need to take Bullock after they let it be a competition.

Come on..... He didn't see it? Yet knew his stats? He could have just said he was happy for the kid and moved on. But he's an insecure prick.
Ok, he acted like an ass.

I guess I just don't care. Big deal.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, he acted like an ass.

I guess I just don't care. Big deal.

This is 2017 - You're supposed to be outraged by everything. Get your head in the game!

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Literally hate this guy. I will enjoy a drink on behalf of his firing if and when it ever happens.

Marvin is even more grumpy than usual because he knows he's about out of excuses. He's an aging coach that knows the game has passed him by. He's been the head coach for almost 2 decades and hasn't won a playoff game. Yet acts like any remote questioning of his coaching or decision making is absurd. He's a mediocre employee that's hung around company long enough to be considered tenured. Yet acts super entitled and arrogant even though he's a shitty worker.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally hate this guy. I will enjoy a drink on behalf of his firing if and when it ever happens.

Marvin is even more grumpy than usual because he knows he's about out of excuses. He's an aging coach that knows the game has passed him by. He's been the head coach for almost 2 decades and hasn't won a playoff game. Yet acts like any remote questioning of his coaching or decision making is absurd. He's a mediocre employee that's hung around a less than mediocre company long enough to be considered tenured. Yet acts super entitled and arrogant even though he's a shitty worker.

FIFY

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliott continues to drill 50 yarders. I think a part of me dies each time he makes one.

jgreene95

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

What a fucking dick.

Marvin is a dousch bag

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an eagles fan i was worried about him missing extra points. since he nailed that 61 yarder, it's been all gravy. think he's 1-1 with onsides kicks as well.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm here and I'm rambling. I'm from PA, when I go back to the states I'll work with a bunch of insufferable Steelers fans (when there team is good... people say they have good fanbase, they only come out when their teams are winning, fuck they almost lost the penguins until they got a few number one picks overall..., as it were i had to make friends with them and the one cat did acknowledge he knew no-one on the pirates while we were watching the game at the bar).

with the said, you're still in the race in the north. it looks like a weak division. ML has always sucked, what will it take for him to get fired, as you can still win this?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvin will have to quit like some of our past coaches have done. Unless he develops alzheimer's or dementia, he's going to work here as long as he wants.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elliot does it again. kicking a 61 yard fg to win the game.

He'll go down as the greatest kicker of all time.

Marvin Lewis is an ass.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals should just free up all players who can actually do anything good.

We're bengalizing Green, Burfict, Mixon. Ross is already injured, Eifert is done.

careers are just wasted here.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat Randy has a back injury.

Probably because he's fat.