• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jack Capuano Death Watch - Update - Fired

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, the Isles are really going to have to start weighing the pros and cons of trading John Tavares. If they move assets to get a forward or two and they're still garbage I just can't see how the team would be served by risking losing him for nothing.

Boy is the schedule not doing them any favours, either - Pit, Ana, LA, SJ, Calgary, Pit, Caps, Wings, Rangers, STL is their next ten. Yikes.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point, the Isles are really going to have to start weighing the pros and cons of trading John Tavares. If they move assets to get a forward or two and they're still garbage I just can't see how the team would be served by risking losing him for nothing.

Boy is the schedule not doing them any favours, either - Pit, Ana, LA, SJ, Calgary, Pit, Caps, Wings, Rangers, STL is their next ten. Yikes.

Capuano won't survive those ten games. He can't!!

To your point about thinking about trading JT. I can't imagine any scenario that it would make sense unless they absolutely feel that he's not going to resign. The franchise revolves around him. The problem is they keep shuffling who his wingers are. Whether they leave for FA, or are traded or just don't pan out. The guy's best wingers have all left. If the Isles truly brought Ladd on this team to play winger for JT, why the FUCK is he on the forth line? It's all Capuano. He's a mess.

Frans Nielsen was close to resigning with this team. He really was. Then last year, Cappy had him playing wing the last two months of the season and then going into the playoffs. Nielsen is a CENTER. And a very good defensive one as well. The Isles essentially offered Frans more money but he chose to sign with Detroit. After the signing in an interview, he mentioned that he was looking forward to a fresh start WITH NEW COACHES!!! You lost one of your top three guys because you have an AHL coach behind the bench.

It's this Mickey Mouse franchise mentality that absolutely drives me fucking insane.

Here's my hope for 2016-17. If the owners are going to sit on their hands and not do anything with Garth fine. At the very least, please get the arena situation ironed out. Move this team to an arena made for hockey and get that lined up. It seems they are exploring every option to get out of the stupid fucking basketball game and circus arena. If they get that square, clean house with management. Good bye Garth, Cappy, Weight...even Thompson in the AHL grooming Dal Colle and Ho Sang. FIRE EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. Oh yeah, and give JT 10M a year. Pretty please.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capuano won't survive those ten games. He can't!!

To your point about thinking about trading JT. I can't imagine any scenario that it would make sense unless they absolutely feel that he's not going to resign. The franchise revolves around him. The problem is they keep shuffling who his wingers are. Whether they leave for FA, or are traded or just don't pan out. The guy's best wingers have all left. If the Isles truly brought Ladd on this team to play winger for JT, why the FUCK is he on the forth line? It's all Capuano. He's a mess.

Frans Nielsen was close to resigning with this team. He really was. Then last year, Cappy had him playing wing the last two months of the season and then going into the playoffs. Nielsen is a CENTER. And a very good defensive one as well. The Isles essentially offered Frans more money but he chose to sign with Detroit. After the signing in an interview, he mentioned that he was looking forward to a fresh start WITH NEW COACHES!!! You lost one of your top three guys because you have an AHL coach behind the bench.

It's this Mickey Mouse franchise mentality that absolutely drives me fucking insane.

Here's my hope for 2016-17. If the owners are going to sit on their hands and not do anything with Garth fine. At the very least, please get the arena situation ironed out. Move this team to an arena made for hockey and get that lined up. It seems they are exploring every option to get out of the stupid fucking basketball game and circus arena. If they get that square, clean house with management. Good bye Garth, Cappy, Weight...even Thompson in the AHL grooming Dal Colle and Ho Sang. FIRE EVERYONE and EVERYTHING. Oh yeah, and give JT 10M a year. Pretty please.
Losing Okposo was the bigger deal to me, especially when they gave money they could've given him to Ladd. Always thought they could trade for a better second line C given the assets they have but apparently they don't believe that's the path to success.

They'll obviously try to sign JT to a new deal when they can start negotiating in July but if he's lukewarm and the team on paper doesn't look to be anything close to contending it's something they're going to have to evaluate. Trading him in July with a year on his deal left will net them far more in return than a deadline deal if the contract talks drag on, or worse nothing if he walks. The Isles aren't the Bolts, they don't have the luxury of having 3 or 4 top-calibre NHL forwards that can soften the blow of their star leaving.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Okposo was the bigger deal to me, especially when they gave money they could've given him to Ladd. Always thought they could trade for a better second line C given the assets they have but apparently they don't believe that's the path to success.

They'll obviously try to sign JT to a new deal when they can start negotiating in July but if he's lukewarm and the team on paper doesn't look to be anything close to contending it's something they're going to have to evaluate. Trading him in July with a year on his deal left will net them far more in return than a deadline deal if the contract talks drag on, or worse nothing if he walks. The Isles aren't the Bolts, they don't have the luxury of having 3 or 4 top-calibre NHL forwards that can soften the blow of their star leaving.

This was pretty glaring last year in the playoffs.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bozak for Strome?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, I'd probably rather have Bozak than Strome right now.

At the very least, Leafs are selling high and the Isles very low.

I'll take Bozak for Strome and a 5th rounder. Just get rid of the guy at this point. He sucks.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if I'm Garth Snow, I fucking trade Strome for Matt Martin. Fans would go nuts and we might win some games.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my daily "FUCK YOU" Capuano post. I'll have another tomorrow before I head to the Verizon Center to watch the Caps manhandle them.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Garth - Fred Flintstone's team blows a three goal lead going into the third. But yeah, coaching isn't an issue.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddamit...ever I started blasting this team on the death watch thread they are winning. WTF?!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddamit...ever I started blasting this team on the death watch thread they are winning. WTF?!
Halak's got a .930 sv% in his past 5.

On the flip side, opponents are averaging 35 shots on goal in that span. Probably isn't sustainable but if they can get that back closer to 30 Halak just might be enough to get the team going again. Unless they trade him.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halak's got a .930 sv% in his past 5.

On the flip side, opponents are averaging 35 shots on goal in that span. Probably isn't sustainable but if they can get that back closer to 30 Halak just might be enough to get the team going again. Unless they trade him.
Why they waited 20 games to finally start playing hockey is beyond me. I put all the unprepared nonsense and shuffling of lines bullshit on Fred Flintstone.

Why is Anthony Beauvillier being scratched every night in favor of Alan Quine? Why didn't they just send him back to fucking JRs. God this team drives me nuts.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right though. Halak has been terrific. It's nice to see and the players see it too, they are playing a lot better in front of him.

Rags had 6 friggen PPs last night. A few terrible calls, a few that were deserved. Most of their shots last night were on the PP.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they certainly weighted long enough before firing Jack.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Garth Snow is gonna blow this replacement.