• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jack Capuano Death Watch - Update - Fired

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's sort of cruel for him is that his fan-freaking-tastic start to the season is being greatly overshadowed by the rest of the team's poor play. I've seen a few mock drafts for the All-Star Game and laughed...if we're talking 11 players from a division, MAF should be the Pens rep. Not even close. Geno's coming along a bit, but MAF is the only guy who's been awake this whole year.

Does hockey have a rule where all teams have to be represented? I can never remember the rules.

Maybe it's because they change them every year.

I can't wait for the 2017 All-Star game. Supposedly players break into shinny hockey teams and play an outdoor tournament. The winning team becomes the Captain/co-captains of one team and gets the first pick. The losing team becomes the Captain/co-captains. They then draft teams... wait for it... under water!! After that is done, they play a game of basketball to determine the All-Star game champion.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping for a 6-1 loss tonight at the hands of one of the worst teams in the league and the immediate promot.....firing of Capuano.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, you'll still be stuck with Andrew Ladd for 6 more years.

I'm actually not worried about Ladd. It's Strome, Bailey, Nelson and other I'm worried about. Capuano LOVES his veterans, which is why you are seeing friggen Clutter on the first LINE!!! I'm all ready to just tank this season so him and Garth get fired.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually not worried about Ladd. It's Strome, Bailey, Nelson and other I'm worried about. Capuano LOVES his veterans, which is why you are seeing friggen Clutter on the first LINE!!! I'm all ready to just tank this season so him and Garth get fired.
What about those three, exactly?

Besides Strome who seems to be stuck in a career rut since the beginning of last season, Bailey and Nelson are both on pace for career high scoring. Nelson may be pointless in his last 3 and you might want to see a bit more since at 25 he's getting to the point where guys usually need to put up or shut up, but Bailey is what he is at this point and is doing it well enough.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about those three, exactly?

Besides Strome who seems to be stuck in a career rut since the beginning of last season, Bailey and Nelson are both on pace for career high scoring. Nelson may be pointless in his last 3 and you might want to see a bit more since at 25 he's getting to the point where guys usually need to put up or shut up, but Bailey is what he is at this point and is doing it well enough.

Nelson and Bailey are third liners. I guess my frustration with the Isles team as a whole right now is that it's comprised of one first line center, a second line winger (Ladd) and then the remainder are third liners. Nelson, Strome, Lee, Bailey, Prince, etc etc etc are just NOT getting it done. What kills me even more is that Strome, Bailey, Quine and Prince are pretty much the same player. All undersized, play maker capabilities and don't score that often.

There's a lot of guys on this team playing outside their best role right now. And it's bad news. I blame the GM and the stupid coach.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the perfect replacement. I think he's even under contract:

Good to see that buy-out money is going towards something useful. He's actually not bad to listen to and I'm happy he's found his place. Being the Don Cherry of the USA isn't a good look for him though.

Side note, how the fuck haven't Snow AND Fred Flintstone not been fired yet!?!?!

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Capuano lives in a guest house on Garth Snow's property?

Wouldn't expect him to get fired anytime soon lol.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently Capuano lives in a guest house on Garth Snow's property?

Wouldn't expect him to get fired anytime soon lol.

It's ridiculous. Just when this team gains a smidge of respect from teams around the league, media, etc...it's fucking reported that Fred Flintstone is living in Barney Rubble's basement.

Ledecky better get his shit in order and fire these two butt buddies. I've had it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garth has apparently been guided by the ghost of Mike Milbury
Garth has actually been in the job for 11 years, the exact amount of time Milbury spent in it.

Garth had such a low watermark of success to surpass and he's barely an inch above it and draining.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garth has actually been in the job for 11 years, the exact amount of time Milbury spent in it.

Garth had such a low watermark of success to surpass and he's barely an inch above it and draining.

You had one job Garth. Replace Okposo and Nielsen's production. Instead you picked up a 39 year old 4th liner off a surprising 20 goal season, Andrew Ladd who's struggling (who I think will be okay) and PA Parenteau who has been awesome....except he's been awesome for the NJD because they inexplicably waived him.

A lot of the problem is that Capuano doesn't know how to make good use of his younger players. Beauvillier hasn't had a chance to play really. He's been shuffled around, benched, or gets 7 minutes a night. He's a highly skilled forward who should be getting top 6 minutes. Same shit has happened with Nelson, Strome, Lee, even Nino to an extent. The guy JUST doesn't know how to coach younger players.

Here's hoping another 4-0 loss is on the horizon. I just want this over with.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garth has apparently been guided by the ghost of Mike Milbury

The new owners know what's going on. I just hope to God they act and clean house. Firing Capuano is only good if the entire staff is gone. We can't have friggen Doug Weight behind the bench as the interim coach.