• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jabrill Pepper's to Announce

WolverinePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on may 26th!!!!!

It's strong in our favor!

Go Blue!:yahoo:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a foregone conclusion. He will see the field early and often.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it seems as though PSU is the biggest threat now... I tend to be as reserved as possible until the announcement is made and obviously the LOI is signed, but he is definitely a special athlete who can contribute right away and in a variety of ways...

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to be as reserved as possible until the announcement is made and obviously the LOI is signed

I hear ya but he has Michigan written all over him. It would be a shock if Hoke doesn't hand him the #1 or the #2 jersey by this time next week.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Harris end up with #1 and Peppers with #2... he will probably win the nickel corner spot and push Dymonte Thomas to safety... he can also return punts or kicks and play in some packages on offense... see what you did J, I am all excited now and the announcement is still a week away.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....I am all excited now and the announcement is still a week away.

...and still probably 2 1/2 years from making a significant impact.

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm.... I think that depends on what is meant by 'significant'?

If Peppers is everything he's cracked up to be... or even close ... he'll likely go into the draft early, and accelerate his PT. (Not necessarily connecting the two, just pointing to the PR around the kid's talent level).

But 'significant impact'.....?? If he plays in the rotation at the nickel, say 15% of the plays, as a Frosh, is that significant? Lets drop that to 5% of plays but in those he snags a couple INT's, blocks a potential TD pass, and makes a game-saving tackle, without giving up any big plays.... is that a significant impact?

not being difficult here, just curious as to what would qualify as a significant impact.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not being difficult here, just curious as to what would qualify as a significant impact.

Easy, help beat the nuts!

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I've read, the nickel position is pretty much a starting position on our defense... Avery is not able to effectively perform all duties of the position (covering the slot, blitzing, and run support) but he still saw the field often for the last 2 years... Thomas is expected to perform all tasks of that position this year, and next year if Peppers commits, I expect him to push Thomas to safety.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I've read, the nickel position is pretty much a starting position on our defense.

Sounds like a return to the 3-3-5 but it is probably a complete lack of defensive scheming knowledge on my part (again).

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah similar to the 3-3-5 where hypothetically Peppers would be Stevie Brown... Mattison's base defense is still a 4-3, but players like Ryan, Thomas, and Peppers give you the flexibility to morph things...