• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jabrill Peppers is blue!!!

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I am typing this I think the softball game between Nebraska and Oregon is still ongoing somewhere in the 12th inning, thus delaying his official announcement... but the cat has been out of the bag... today Michigan landed a special athlete who is projected to do special things during the football career. High 5s all around and go blue!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love it when a publicity stunt goes bad. Kid has all the tools but needs to temper his expectations a bit.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the freakout thread over the announcement delay on mgoblog was pretty funny to read... some dudes over there need serious help...

I'd love for the coaching staff to just use him like Woodson was used... just let him contribute on all 3 units and see what he can do.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke only likes him because he's tall.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the freakout thread over the announcement delay on mgoblog was pretty funny to read... some dudes over there need serious help...

I tried that site about three years ago. I had death threats within a week for defending RR.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have a clue how this affects the remaining secondary prospects (Westphal)? Adoree Jackson for this part of the world is getting lots of love and word is he want to head east.

maize77blue

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried that site about three years ago. I had death threats within a week for defending RR.

That is crazy!!! That is your opinion and get death threats over that(WoW)!! What is wrong with people!!

But, great job Hoke and co. by getting a great prospect. LET'S GO BLUE!!!

TheDudeAbides21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great get

Awesome pick up. Mgoblog is great for some info, but kind of a good ol boys club. They take bring a Michigan fan to a pathetic level sometimes.

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

odd. I checked it out a few years ago. Seems anyone that speaks negatively about anything Michigan gets attacked, posts deleted, etc. over there.

I used to tell one of the posters over on CBS that if all he wanted was sunshine and rainbow conversations about Michigan, he needed to go to MGBLOG.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for the coaching staff to just use him like Woodson was used... just let him contribute on all 3 units and see what he can do.

Any chance we see him moved permanently to the offensive side of the ball? We have a good (great) group of young defensive backs already. I would think he would rate out somewhere around Drake Harris or better if he were judged as a WR.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody have a clue how this affects the remaining secondary prospects (Westphal)? Adoree Jackson for this part of the world is getting lots of love and word is he want to head east.

my understanding is that Michigan is taking 3 for the defensive secondary 2 corners and a safety, Peppers counts as a corner, the other one would be Westphal... someone like Montae Nicholson would be a good get at safety.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any chance we see him moved permanently to the offensive side of the ball? We have a good (great) group of young defensive backs already. I would think he would rate out somewhere around Drake Harris or better if he were judged as a WR.

anything is possible, I guess it depends on how he does at the camp and where he is needed most... since he is so adamant on winning the heisman, he will be pressuring the coaching staff to use him on offense.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure winning the Heisman should be a goal for any young player, team sport and all. From the tape I have watched (haha, just kidding). From what I have read, Dymonte is more of a ball hawk than Peppers so he would likely have to get his touches returning kicks and catching passes. And we do need a legitimate slot receiver.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the kid dream big.

I think Hoke and Mattison told him he is going to play similar to Woodson at UofM. For a kid this talented to commit early he had to have a good feel about his role.

I hope he is given a chance at returning and receiving. I doubt it will be from day 1 though.

With fewer schollies I think Hoke is spending more time on specific players. If given the chance Hoke must be renting a spare room at the Hand residence.

Coyote57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on Peppers. Perhaps this will track well with guys like Hand, and McDowel (sp?) and perhaps a few others, help bring them into the fold.

While still early, and the scholly to be handed out are few, I like the way the class is shaping up.

Any ideas on what the remain positions being emphasized might be? A couple more...???

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any ideas on what the remain positions being emphasized might be? A couple more...???

Here's a good link to who we have offered and who is targeted.
The M Block: 2014 Offers

I think the total number of scholarships is looking to be around 20.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure winning the Heisman should be a goal for any young player, team sport and all. From the tape I have watched (haha, just kidding). From what I have read, Dymonte is more of a ball hawk than Peppers so he would likely have to get his touches returning kicks and catching passes. And we do need a legitimate slot receiver.

To me Thomas looks like a high end safety prospect who is versatile and athletic enough to playing other positions, while Peppers is a high end athlete who is capable of playing several positions at an elite level. That is why I feel like Peppers will end up where he is needed most and contribute at several positions while Thomas will start this year at nickel and then take over for Gordon at safety.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is why I feel like Peppers will end up where he is needed most..

DG just called and said he will take him as a WR. I don't know if he ha played there in high school but seems like the kid can do anything. I know he has played QB and RB and had success.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J, lets not turn this into another thread about Hoke's wide receivers... lets just enjoy this commitment and move on to McDowell, Hand, Westphal, etc...