• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've seen enough...were as bad if not worse than last year.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting lineup seems accidental, Monroe is a C playing PF, Smith is a PF playing SF and Billups is a PG playing SG. I don't think its a coincidence that were getting jumped on in the first quarter on a regular basis. Nothing about KCP says future star, in fact nothing about him even says potential starter. Our bigs are our strongest area yet they were equally matched versus Portlands and GS who's bigs are their secondary strength flat out outplayed us. Steven Adams who only played one season in college and did not even play a ton of minutes completely owned us and looked like a man amongst boys, not to mention Collison along with Adams took the game over late in the 3rd, each scoring about 8 points apiece. Nick Collison???? U have to be kidding me. Another thing is we rarely ever pass the ball, everything is one-on-on. Brandon and especially Bynum will only pass when they are 90% sure they will get an assist. Most people think Bynum is just awesome but how come every year that he has been here we have been outscored when he is on the court? Its because when everyone is not involved offensively they will not play defense like their capable of. I think we have a roster that is good enough to be a .500 club but i doubt that the right formula will be found and that this team is a .350 ball club. In fact i think we are as good of a candidate as their is for worst team and team that's on the worst path. I would rather have the bobcats, the wizards and maybe even the jazz's key pieces going forward. Dumar's a joke and Gilbert needs to start talking to someone that has a clue...maybe he should try and wrestle John Hammonds away from the Bucks. Hammonds was the assistant GM of the pistons until 2008 and his last year with the team they had a winning percentage of .720. Since then our winning percentages are .476, .329, .366, .379, and .354. The first move Dumars made without Hammonds was to trade for Iverson which ended up being the beginning of the end. I think Dumars had the vision for the kind of team he wanted as a result of his experiences as a player with the team , but Hammonds was the guy who had the ability of how to realize it. Since then Dumars has attempted another recreation from the same blueprint but his judgement is obviously off. We have had numerous Lottery picks and we still don't have a superstar. It actually seems like we draft better if we have late first round picks rather than top 10.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting lineup seems accidental, Monroe is a C playing PF, Smith is a PF playing SF and Billups is a PG playing SG. I don't think its a coincidence that were getting jumped on in the first quarter on a regular basis. Nothing about KCP says future star, in fact nothing about him even says potential starter. Our bigs are our strongest area yet they were equally matched versus Portlands and GS who's bigs are their secondary strength flat out outplayed us. Steven Adams who only played one season in college and did not even play a ton of minutes completely owned us and looked like a man amongst boys, not to mention Collison along with Adams took the game over late in the 3rd, each scoring about 8 points apiece. Nick Collison???? U have to be kidding me. Another thing is we rarely ever pass the ball, everything is one-on-on. Brandon and especially Bynum will only pass when they are 90% sure they will get an assist. Most people think Bynum is just awesome but how come every year that he has been here we have been outscored when he is on the court? Its because when everyone is not involved offensively they will not play defense like their capable of. I think we have a roster that is good enough to be a .500 club but i doubt that the right formula will be found and that this team is a .350 ball club. In fact i think we are as good of a candidate as their is for worst team and team that's on the worst path. I would rather have the bobcats, the wizards and maybe even the jazz's key pieces going forward. Dumar's a joke and Gilbert needs to start talking to someone that has a clue...maybe he should try and wrestle John Hammonds away from the Bucks. Hammonds was the assistant GM of the pistons until 2008 and his last year with the team they had a winning percentage of .720. Since then our winning percentages are .476, .329, .366, .379, and .354. The first move Dumars made without Hammonds was to trade for Iverson which ended up being the beginning of the end. I think Dumars had the vision for the kind of team he wanted as a result of his experiences as a player with the team , but Hammonds was the guy who had the ability of how to realize it. Since then Dumars has attempted another recreation from the same blueprint but his judgement is obviously off. We have had numerous Lottery picks and we still don't have a superstar. It actually seems like we draft better if we have late first round picks rather than top 10.

Wow, seven games into the season with much of the backcourt out with injuries for the preseason and you are already throwing the team away. You must be a big hit at the Optimists Club. And have you ever heard of paragraphs?

Let's start with the bashing of Durmars for Hammonds. How are the Hammond selected Bucks doing? Right, and "Hammonds was the guy who had the ability of how to realize it". Well, he's not doing a good job of that any more, so maybe Joe had more to do with it than you give him credit for. Yes, he had a few stinking years starting the rebuilding while ownership was in transition and we have no idea how much his hands were tied. But it is definitely moving in the right direction.

Monroe is not a center, he is a power forward finally getting a shot to play the position he should. Smith could be a power forward, but he plays outside too much, better to start him outside where his size gives oposing SF trouble and rotate him to PF when subing.

The problem is the back court. Jennings missed the most of the preseason as did Stuckey. Billups, who should be coming off the bench and more of a coach, was forced into a starting role. KCP is starting to come around with his shot, and hopefully Datome, who also missed the preseason with injury, will come around with his as well at SF. This will help loosen things up a lot.

This team has had very little time playing together. Give it a few more games and I think you will like the results. And I think Joe will have another trick up his sleeve with a trade with some of the expiring contracts during the season. It is far too soon to abandon hope, especially given the schedule so far. And you sure seem to care a lot for a guy who doesn't even have them displayed as a favorite team.

Saturnmane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paragraphs huh? Only people who say that either have nothing better to say or they lack self esteem and are desperate to get some. After reading your response I conclude that both apply. The Bucks have increased their average winning percentage by 100 basis points per year since his arrival and have been to the playoffs twice. Brandon Jennings teams over his career have only scored 103 per 100 possessions with him on the court and gave up 106. The Pistons roster just does not seem compatible to me, we need a pass first point guard and a coach that preaches ball movement. We should have hired a coach like the one boston hired who uses sabermetrics and other analytics. Instead we hire Cheeks who like Dumars is a dinosaur and Rasheed Wallace to boot. Wallace? Why not hire Mike Tyson, Dumars not want people with a higher IQ under him? Stay optimistic and i'll stay real. Maybe we will find the magic we found right before Drummonds injury last year but I highly doubt it.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paragraphs huh? Only people who say that either have nothing better to say or they lack self esteem and are desperate to get some. After reading your response I conclude that both apply.
Or it could be that paragraphs are used by people who want to make posts readable. Even though you have some point you want to make almost no one will see it if it is in a huge block of solid text. Attempting to insult people you don't even know over the internet says more about self esteem issues than asking for readable posts.

The Bucks have increased their average winning percentage by 100 basis points per year since his arrival and have been to the playoffs twice.

Sure, Hammond took over a crappy team and got them to mediocre. But there is no evidence that they are building to something. The team's inning percentage peaked his second year there and has sagged back down to consistently sub .500. They made the playoffs in non-consecutive years, and one of those was simply because the East has been so poor getting in as an 8 seed with a sub-.500 record. So far this year they look worse than when Hammond took over.

Brandon Jennings teams over his career have only scored 103 per 100 possessions with him on the court and gave up 106. The Pistons roster just does not seem compatible to me, we need a pass first point guard and a coach that preaches ball movement. We should have hired a coach like the one boston hired who uses sabermetrics and other analytics. Instead we hire Cheeks who like Dumars is a dinosaur and Rasheed Wallace to boot. Wallace? Why not hire Mike Tyson, Dumars not want people with a higher IQ under him? Stay optimistic and i'll stay real. Maybe we will find the magic we found right before Drummonds injury last year but I highly doubt it.

Jennings is not the greatest point guard, I'll give you that. But all his numbers were with Milwaukee, which really didn't help his cause any. Billups wasn't seen as a pass first point guard when he came to the Pistons and they managed to do pretty well with him not racking up assists.

Lastly, Wallace, despite his emotional outbursts as a player, is a very smart man and a good pickup as an assistant. He understands, and will be able to teach, how to be a successful big in the NBA, especially defensive rotation.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is playing badly right now, but we do have a lot of talent on this roster. I have to think that going forward these individual will become a team. We've had a lot of turnover since last year. Smith, Jennings, Billups, Pope are all big parts of this team and have never played with each other or Drummond, Monroe or Stuckey. As these guys gel I think it will start equating to wins.

Also its way too soon to hit the panic button. We are playing poor basketball, but so is the rest of the East.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with OP. Clearly team is better than last year. Is that short enuff, lol.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that hammond was the reason the pistons made such great personnel moves though.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that hammond was the reason the pistons made such great personnel moves though.

Why do you think this? The evidence of what he has done with the Buck has convinced you? I think you have to give Joe some credit too, at least. Maybe they worked great as a duo, but neither has lit the world on fire solo, and I think the Pistons are now in much better shape than the Bucks, even with having to deal with an owners death, a lengthy shopping period, and new ownership.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons do need to start winning against at least medium teams now, not just bad ones. They should have been able to beat the Lakers the other night, that is the type of win they need to get. They led at the half and should have been up by more if they had not turned the ball over so much. They need to play smarter: I'm looking at you Jennings. You said you were going to turn over a new leaf with a new team. It looks like the same old blowing layups and jacking up bad shots and making bad decisions to me.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team is better but the last two losses including tonight were inexcusable.. I don't think Cheeks was the upgrade at coach they were looking for.. With that said, more consistentcy with Jennings and Smith could solve many of the Pistons problems..

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think this? The evidence of what he has done with the Buck has convinced you? I think you have to give Joe some credit too, at least. Maybe they worked great as a duo, but neither has lit the world on fire solo, and I think the Pistons are now in much better shape than the Bucks, even with having to deal with an owners death, a lengthy shopping period, and new ownership.

Hes made some good moves for he bucks. The pistons made some great moves when hammond was there and ever since they havent really did anything good. Maybe it was a combination of hammond and dumars who knows? All i know is that dumars used to be in the talks for gm of the year now hes in the talks of being fired.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Hammond over Dumars at this point.. I wanted Dumars fired in the offseason tbh.. But it's whatever, this team I think is better..