• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I've said all along CJ is the better QB

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D was great in the second half but CJ fits this travesty of an offense way more than Jake ever will. If Kirk starts Jake one more time I will flip

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it on my thread, you were right and I was wrong. But hard to gauge how good CJ was as he was used so sparingly. Just thankful to see us throwing deep routes and hitting TEs vs. checking down one after the other.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem the play calling was way better today but I am still baffled as to how Tevaun and Kevonte never seem to get the ball

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KF has a love affair with Vandeberg. I personally think he's not very good as he drops balls and doesn't seem to be able to get open very often. Even on his one long catch today he was smothered by the Pitt d-back and had to make a diving/falling backwards catch.

Smith/Willies/Powell should be our 3 WRs, period. My guess is that Vandy is a hustler who knows the playbook and blocks well, which we know KF LOVEs (Greg Castillo, anyone?).

I wonder....was the playcalling better today or was it the fact that Beathard decided to throw downfield? That makes everything open up - run plays seemed to be working so much better.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no injury, to me the big key was our defensive play, it's like a light turned on at halftime, I missed a huge chunk of the first half but the d stood tall in the 2nd half while CJ breathed total life into the offense.

I like Jake but he is like KF, he will just take the conservative way every time, let me get 2-3 yards if I can.

How big was Koehn's FG from 52? very nice, kid could have made it from 70 on that kick it looked like, 52 away and the ball went through the upper part of the uprights, that's big time leg. Now to keep him consistent.

To me give Mabin a game ball too, very good defense on Boyd, especially late.

Buttermilk did a pretty good job today too, he had to stop Connor several times in the first half and happy to see the kid who played for Lomax get that final INT.

I didn't expect Iowa to win, but knew they could if they pulled it together and played Iowa football. They finally did that and wow, they won. I hope if Jake does get back in, he sees that chucking it down isn't a bad thing, trust Powell and trust Smith, they will take care of him, that insane first half INT wasn't Jake's fault just a whacky play off of Powell's hands.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that FG was huge. Far cry from the kicking in the 1st couple games.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take a few picks every now and then in order to win. That's what CJ brings. Not to mention he's better on his feet

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkeye I think Jake is lost in this offense. He is so worried about what could happen as opposed to what should happen. CJ is the better fit...he's more mobile, has a better arm and willing to take chances. Jake is a great QB for a team that needs a game manager. I think we've got a ton of talent on the offensive side of the ball so why not utilize it

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HRUF I agree, it seems Jake thinks about it and is worried, CJ just goes out and plays...I still play old man basketball and know that when I think about my shot instead of just doing what I have done 20,000 times, I miss a lot. Just play and trust your muscle memory to get you through.

My wife kept asking me why I was yelling go Sunshine...

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HRUF I agree, it seems Jake thinks about it and is worried, CJ just goes out and plays...I still play old man basketball and know that when I think about my shot instead of just doing what I have done 20,000 times, I miss a lot. Just play and trust your muscle memory to get you through.

My wife kept asking me why I was yelling go Sunshine...

LOL. That's funny. I played golf at Iowa from 95-99 and the more I thought about my golf swing the worse I played. At some point you have to just free wheel it and let it go. That why I love Sunshine

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D was great in the second half but CJ fits this travesty of an offense way more than Jake ever will. If Kirk starts Jake one more time I will flip

HRURF,

Be sure you have a soft landing. Rudock is starting next week. To KF, there is NO QB CONTROVERSY in the State of Iowa.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HRURF,

Be sure you have a soft landing. Rudock is starting next week. To KF, there is NO QB CONTROVERSY in the State of Iowa.

When will this fucktard learn? I know, when he gets fired

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HRURF,

I sure hope this is a joke. If this is real, I will seriously no longer follow Iowa football until KF is gone....be it this year or in 2020.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good God. He is officially insane. I bet in about 6 years when KFs contract is up we go under investigation by the NCAA only to find out that James and Jake were slurping KF. Then we go on probation for 4 years and ISU reigns the supreme football school in Iowa