• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ive never seen so many teams quit in an NFL Season

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly

The "Flash in the Pan" Jets of Rex Ryan actually stopped NE from going to the SB

Its just that the AFC East has less of that than any other division
Being in the same division was irrelevant to that though.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that logic the AFC North is worse.

Maybe, but in the last say, 15 years? They have spent most years with 2, sometimes 3 of the teams that everyone would view as AFC Juggernauts

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are not good QB's, the fact that you have to stretch to Jay Cutler and a washed up Brett Favre (his renaissance one season in Minny aside) just proves my point, not yours

yes, the answer is Chad Penington, the average Chad Penington is the best non Brady QB in the AFC East in the past 15 seasons

Thats brutal
drew bledsoe may end up in canton some day
favre is
like it or not, pennington retired with a higher rating than eli has

jay cutler, tho being jay cuitler, is still better than say...cleo lemon. right dirt?

its funny...count the QB's picked in the top 20 of past NFL drafts in the AFCE.

quite a few....

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo gave up 300 yars rushing at home to New Orleans.
Miami gave up 300 yards rushing to Carolina including 110 to Jonathon Stewart who came into the game with a 2.9 ypc average.
And the Jets lost to Fitzy.

Now I ask you, what do these three teams have in common?

This is from another source

They're all better than the Giants!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drew bledsoe may end up in canton some day
favre is
like it or not, pennington retired with a higher rating than eli has

jay cutler, tho being jay cuitler, is still better than say...cleo lemon. right dirt?

its funny...count the QB's picked in the top 20 of past NFL drafts in the AFCE.

quite a few....

Counting Brett Favre in the AFC East, is sorta like acting like Carson Palmer now is what he was with the Bengals

Pennington was decent, I agree, but he was the very best, thats not a ringing endorsement of the division

No need to fight it, i wish the Giants competition for the postseason was the Jets/Bills and Miami

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct. Those flash in the pans are nonetheless relevant I’d argue, however.
Of course they are relevant. But would those "flash in the pan" teams have been as successful if they played in the same division as the Patriots? If you took out the Packers, and inserted the Patriots in the NFC North over the last 15 years, would they be less successful? How about taking out the Seahawks and putting them in the NFC West? Take out the Colts, and put them in the AFC South?

Dirt would just switch to saying that division is the worst.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to injures imo.

Would the Giants be playing so demoralized if not for their key injuries?
Yes! They have no Heart.

No, it's not just you. DT is one of those positions imo that's far overvalued in the NFL.

What makes this so apparent...Suh is actually playing pretty well when you watch his tape.

I can see why LAR have dragged this out with Aaron Donald who I think it the best at the position (I know the Rams went to a 34 with Phillips)...when you pay an interior DL $100 mil dollars it just wrecks the cap.

Starting with Haynesworth...that type of money spent on an interior DL typically ends badly.
I would take a Justin Smith (an old Niner) type DT all day everyday. He was awesome disrupting the middle of the line & didnt cost Suh/Donald type money.

Any truth to the rumors that the 9ers aren't playing Jimmy because they are afraid his awesomeness will screw up their chances for a top draft pick?
My theory is they arent playing him because if he kicked ass, it would be harder to resign him & definitely cost them more money. This season is lost to the niners anyways. So not so much for a better draft pick, but to keep the niners from paying an arm & a leg for him next year.

This is for 2010 through 2015 season. I've been too lazy to add last years numbers in there.

For 2010 - 2015 - the following are the AFC division records against teams in the other three AFC divisions.

AFC East: 82-62

AFC North: 75-69

AFC West: 73-71

AFC South: 58-86

Interestingly enough, the AFC East has the best extra-divisional record over that 6 year time period.

Again, let's be fair and take the awesome Pats out the equation.

For 2010-2015, here are the extra-divisional records, EXCLUDING the best team in each division for the given year. e.g. The Pats W/L is taken out for each of the six years while the Bengals is taken out for 2015, but not 2014 (because the Bengals won the North in 2015 but not 2014). This is basically what the Bills, Jets, and Phins (and their counterparts in the other divisions) did over the 6 years of 2010 - 2015.

AFC East: 52-56

AFC North: 50-58

AFC West: 50-58

AFC South: 37-71

Taking out the division leader's record, we see the AFC East is still 1st place and has the BEST RECORD against the other AFC teams than their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place counterparts. In other words, the Jets, Dolphins and Bills have been better over the last 6 years than the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place teams in the other 3 AFC divisions.

Number don't lie.
Well if this doesnt end this debate, I dont know what will?
Looking at these #'s you would have thought the Browns were in the AFC South LOL.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are relevant. But would those "flash in the pan" teams have been as successful if they played in the same division as the Patriots? If you took out the Packers, and inserted the Patriots in the NFC North over the last 15 years, would they be less successful? How about taking out the Seahawks and putting them in the NFC West? Take out the Colts, and put them in the AFC South?

Probably, but I don't really agree with Dirt much on the Pats besides the Pats have had a decided advantage on the East. Most other division stalwarts, like the Packers, have not.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Total Bullshit....I believe ALL those teams youre mentioning would win the AFC East every season, the list is very long, the teams you could swap with NE and they would win the East

So youre telling me Aaron Rodgers would be losing the division to Tyrod Taylor? Or Russell Wilson and Seattle? Or Atlanta? Or New Orleans? On and On and On and On

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counting Brett Favre in the AFC East, is sorta like acting like Carson Palmer now is what he was with the Bengals

Pennington was decent, I agree, but he was the very best, thats not a ringing endorsement of the division

No need to fight it, i wish the Giants competition for the postseason was the Jets/Bills and Miami
I MAY BE WRONG...but i believe the AFCE has used more picks on QB's in the top 3 rounds, than any other division in the past 15 years.

heard that on the radio.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but I don't really agree with Dirt much on the Pats besides the Pats have had a decided advantage on the East. Most other division stalwarts, like the Packers, have not.

So you agree with me

Its ok

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I MAY BE WRONG...but i believe the AFCE has used more picks on QB's in the top 3 rounds, than any other division in the past 15 years.

heard that on the radio.
Feels like the Pats have used more such picks than the Bills have, but that does sound about right. The other three AFC East teams have just failed utterly when the best non Pats QB since 2001 is maybe Tyrod Taylor. That's seriously where we're at.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Homefield advantage is enormous in the NFL

if New England played in the NFC, in any division, you think they are mostly guaranteed homefield every season before it even kicks off?

Now of course thats because they are a great team, no doubt...But to act like that doesnt have a lot to do with the Jets/Bills and Dolphins, youre being naive

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last several years, the Patriots have a better winning percentage outside their division than within the division. You guys can keep squirming, but the numbers don't lie!

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but in the last say, 15 years? They have spent most years with 2, sometimes 3 of the teams that everyone would view as AFC Juggernauts
Really? What 8 years did they have 2 or 3 "AFC juggernauts"?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last several years, the Patriots have a better winning percentage outside their division than within the division. You guys can keep squirming, but the numbers don't lie!
giphy.gif

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7 Bye Weeks would help most teams