• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ive been watching back all of our games.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a couple of observations about our defense this year:

#1: Trey Depreist was awful all fucking year, he was constantly blocked and out of position on running plays and was terrible in coverage. He was fat and out of shape this year and it showed. The Sugar Bowl was by far his worst game of the year.

#2: Our CBs weren't as bad as I thought this year, a lot of plays we were in position but we just didn't make the play for some reason. I thought Cyrus had a great year and Eddie was up and down(but he just came off a torn ACL).

#3: The reason we gave up so many passing yards were because our safeties were terrible(even Landon) in coverage, they were great against the run but awful against the pass. We got eaten alive in zone coverage this year.

#4. Our D-line should be elite next year. If it is not we need to get a new D-Line Coach.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about DePriest. We needed a stellar season from him and he turned into a liability. One play against Auburn defined him. He was free behind a lineman unblocked and never saw Grant run right by him for a big gain. Cornerbacks should be good for next season, but safeties are a huge concern. Geno Smith, Jabriel Washington and Hootie Jones are the returning ones with any experience. Someone's going to have to step up bigtime there.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK something else I noticed is every game there were 5 or 6 passing plays where other guys were open and Blake still tried to force it to Amari.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK something else I noticed is every game there were 5 or 6 passing plays where other guys were open and Blake still tried to force it to Amari.

Story of the season it seemed like, especially when he was under duress.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe (and I hope to God I'm right) that losing our 3 top WRs and 3 OL while bringing back an unrealistic RB core will entice Kiffin to run the ball and set up the pass. We will have 4 guys in the backfield that would start nearly anywhere else in the country (Henry, Drake, Jones, Harris) and even Tenpenny when he gets out of the doghouse.

Our defense should be the best we've seen since 2011. Not the same caliber, but the best since. No one and I REPEAT NO ONE should be able to run on that front 7 or block it for 4 seconds on a pass play unless they use max coverage with a TE/FB and HB to block.

I hope to see Reggie Ragland and Rueben "Freight Train" Foster in the middle against run first teams.

I think Dion Hamilton and Evans will play a lot in Nickel and Dime.

Ryan Anderson should fill in for Dickson.

I'm excited about this defense.

And the offense, I'm happy that we kept the 2 most important positions on the OL in center and left tackle. That makes a whole lot of difference moving forward. I think 2016 will be the year that our offense is unstoppable. That disgusting OL class we brought in last year will be starting, and C-Rob will be the nation's best LT. Bozeman will more than likely be our center. Henry should return, Drake may return, but we will still have Tenpenny, Jones, and Harris.

I think the hardest position to replace this season will be FB. Fowler was an all-pupose baller. You can't find many like him anymore with all of these spread offenses.

Geez, hurry up A-Day.

:teabag: out.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Foster as a player on special teams.

I am scared to death for him to be playing elsewhere. I'm not saying don't play him, but I just see him as someone who isn't going to be reliable as far as being there all the time.

The way he tackles is insane, but the downside to that is the damage he does to himself. I know he's supposedly getting better with his form, but hitting so hard you knock yourself out is scary. On top of that, I think the majority of time when targeting is called it's more because it was a hard and violent hit, so he's ripe to get kicked out for a game and 15 yards.

Still think you ride the bull until it bucks you, but I love watching him play and I'm terrified the entire time. Probably less terrified than the guys catching the ball on the other team.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed and Ragland are coming back.

Also man I just hope we go back to basics on offense this year and on 2nd and 3 or 2nd and 2, we decide to run the ball instead of pass. If we commit to running the ball with the defense we have coming back, we are gonna be tough to beat.

Oh and I am scared Reuben will end up like Eric Legrand, I hope not but the way he hits Im scared for him.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My projected O-Line:

LT: Robinson
LG: D. Jackson or Piersbacher
C: Kelly
RG: Bozeman or Shank Taylor
RT: G. Hill

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff from a poster named CrimsonBoz at Alabama Intel.

The winter conditioning program is in top gear right now. The EE's start the 4th Qtr portion of the program 2/9/15 and the upper classman start it a week later on 2/15/15. For those that need clarification, the 4th Qtr portion of the off season program is just 60 mins of non stop agility and running that is performed 4x per week for 2 weeks. The players still lift weights on a Mon/Thurs Tues/Fri lifting schedule.

Strongest Players on the Team- I am told these are the top 4 guys in no particular order. Darren Lake, Bradley Bozeman, Jarren Reed and Dominick Jackson.

Sugar Bowl- **REMEMBER COACHES VIEW**Sources indicate that several factors played into this loss. The main one being that CNS felt that he needed to get the players ready to play 2 ball games over the 20 bowl practices. Not only did the prep for OSU, but the also prepped for Oregon and FSU as well. The mental fatigue of this combined with what current players claim as "dead legs from too much work" is thought to be the main reasons for the loss.

DB's- 2 seperate sources on the team indicate that this position group is very motivated to not be considered the weak link on the defense for 2015. Great leadership and chemistry being built right now. I was told a sleeper candidate a S to watch for is Johnathon Cook. Brown, Hump and Sylve are splitting time between football and indoor track right now. Yesterday they where at a meet in New Mexico. In a short meeting, new DB's coach Mel Tucker got positive reviews.

LB's- The players feel like it will be Lee, Ragland, Reuben and Devall going into spring. Lee is thought of as the meanest player on the team and is known to pick out a new walkon each practice to torture each day. Dont count out Shaun Dion Hamilton at Reuben's spot either. Right now he is highly motivated and catching hell daily for the crack back block that got put on him vs OSU on the long Elliot run. Reuben was puppy shopping (Pitbull) yesterday afternoon.

DL- This unit will set the tone for the defense in 2015. This is a money year for Reed and Pettway and possibly for Robinson and Allen as well. JC NG Jonathon Taylor is working hard and fitting in well.

QB's- The news continues to be mixed on this group. While they are not Lane Kiffin, the current players are not high on Bateman at all. they think Coker has all the tools, but like the fans are concerned about the slow decisions. I am told that Cornwell showed up last year with a case of cockiness and right now Barnett has the same virus. Have heard several times "if we can just find a decent QB we will be in the mix again."

OL- Starting to sound like a bright spot. Pencil in Cam Rob at LT. R Kelly at C and Dom Jackson at RT. Some current DL claim tht Jackson just needs to clean up some technique issues like hand placement, but he is thought of as a guy that can hurt you when he does the little things right. The two open OG spots will be fought over by Bozeman, GHill, Taylor and Casher. Some think Peircebacher might still need some more S&C work. Brandon Kennedy and Dallas Warmack are both on campus and working hard. Kennedy is the longer of the 2 and looks 6'3" ish and lean. Dallas does not have his brothers power or mass at this stage and looks 6'2" 290.

RB- The story here continues to be a kid named Bo. Tide fans already know what Henry and Jones can do so we will share some more on this growing urban legend, Yesterday Bo was a focal point of Junior Day and was measured at 6'2" and weighed in at 237. One source that saw him said "My god he is just as big as Henry." For UA Bball fans Bo is a cousin current UA forward Jimmy Taylor. The whole family is from the Green Co area and Bo and his Mom only moved to Ttown when he was in Middle School. One of the first things people notice about Bo is how big his hands are. When someone asks him about them Bo says "Yall know who Jimmy Taylor is ? Well thats my cousin and I used these hands to dunk on him anytime I want to. Dont let Jimmy lie to you about it either, he knows its true.
Bo is very fond of the zone stretch play that Henry had success with in the Sugar Bowl.

WR's- Current players are excited about the size and ability of the 2015 WR group. Foster 6'3", Sims 6'4" Falkins 6'4" Keif 6'4" and mix in the shifty burners like Black and Stewart. They all know who Ridley is and are looking forward to seeing him join the 7-on-7 practices at the end of May.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really excited about the 3 headed monster we will have in 2016 at RB with: Scarbrough, Harris, and Jones.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just noticed you said 2016 instead of 2015.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is Drake a Sr.?????

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is Drake a Sr.?????

He will be at least a Jr next year. He played in 2013 and 2014 that I can remember. It's possible he is a Sr, I could almost swear he played in garbage time in 2012, but I don't remember.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake will be a senior. Part of the class of 2012 and played as a true freshman. We need him healthy. His career numbers are outstanding. 156 carries, 1087y, 6.97ypc, 17 td's, 17 catches, 294y, 17.3ypc, 3 td's. Hopefully it's a plus that he really hasn't had an extreme number of touches heading into his senior year.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O-Line is looking like:

LT: C-Rob
LG: Hill
C: Kelly
RG: Taylor or Bozeman
RT: Jackson.

Looks like it could be a solid group and much stronger than last year.