1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's the 9th day of the new year

Discussion in 'Sports Forum General Discussion' started by PnkPanther, Jan 9, 2017.

1. PnkPanther

PnkPanther Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

Morning all

Weekend was quiet. Got house cleaned up a bit, was able to take dog for walk as it got to balmy 15 on Sunday. Got a lot of stuff ready to donate to charity, a lot more I'd like to get rid of but wife refuses to let go.

2. Duke of Douchington

Duke of Douchington Keep da liberals outta Canada!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 465

Go Clemson

3. PnkPanther

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

tired of Alabama?

4. Duke of Douchington

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 465

Yes. Never liked them even before Saban.

5. ill

ill THRILLHO

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Getting ready to head to the airport. Guess I'll be watching the football game tonight. Hoping there is a decent sushi place near my hotel. I hate traveling for work.

6. Duke of Douchington

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 465

#midwestworkethic girl#1 absolutely kills me.

How someone can be so lost at their job and still hold it, is beyond me.

There's a reason government job stereotypes exist.

7. Jiddy

Jiddy Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 800

Mornin' folks.

Off day running today...Back to it tomorrow. First track workout in just under 20 years yesterday...Not too bad...4 mile intervals...1 lap walk in between. Weight is down a few pounds...but need to be down about 5 more by the next race if I went to push for a post-college PR. Here's hopin'.

*Whiskey's empowerment intensifies*

What a dogsh*t set of wildcard games...Yeesh. Oakland got the rawest deal...and of course the Patriots benefit out of that the most because instead of playing the likes of KC/Pitt/Oakland in their first game, they get the Texans...as if that isn't going to be a massacre.

Gonna call it though, even with full anticipation the NE destroys Houston, 3 home teams are going down next weekend. I would be iffy about if if Seattle was playing the 'boys, since Seattle is lacking Earl Thomas...but Atlanta is just gonna Atlanta vs. Seattle.

Have a great day everyone. :)

8. RobBase

RobBase Lions Board Poster of the Year 2016

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

Alabama
    Patriots
    Steelers
    Cowboys
    Falcons

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jiddy

Jiddy Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 800

The juggernaut must be stopped. FFS, how can a team be that dominant when there's so many college football teams, including upper echelon teams, standing in their way?

10. Duke of Douchington

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 465

Negged.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. PnkPanther

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 200

I never have to travel for work. I wouldn't mind an occasional trip, but I'd never want to frequently travel

12. whiskey

whiskey Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,251

Morning butt nuggets Off in an hour to go to the doctor.

13. whiskey

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,251

Saturday went to my friend's funeral. They had it in a gymnasium at the church, and it was still packed to SRO. They had this thing, called "Share Time", where anyone who wanted could come up and tell a story about Ronnie (yeah, I'm name dropping), and so many people came up, and yeah, some of it was like "sad" (especially his dad coming up and literally not being able to speak), but I've never seen this done at a funeral before, I mean..... I don't want to say it was "neat", that almost sound crass, but this is what they wanted, and it just felt a lot better than having some guy who probably barely knew him read an obituary for 15 minutes and say "he loved his family, and he loved training, and he loved MMA. Now let's pray"

14. MTVike

MTVike Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I heard that the Texans were 16-point 'dogs this morning.

15. whiskey

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,251

Houston struggled with the Raiders, who were playing with a guy at QB who was making his first NFL start.

16. Lifer

Lifer Accountable

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

....from the heart.

17. MTVike

MTVike Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Those sharing times vary a lot between churches and family preference it seems. For Catholics, we have our time to speak at the vigil that preceeds the funeral. It's a more intimate gathering and less formal than the funeral mass that follows a day or two later.

I went to a former teachers' funeral the other day. All they had was a funeral service...nothing preceeded it, and no reception. The "eulogy" was a guy I know reading the obituary. The pastor did a decent job talking about the person and relating andecdotes...but that was it.

I went to a memorial service for my dad at the funeral place and the pastor again opened up time to share with all the people that came (anyone who had a loved one die this year)...seemed weird to me at first, since we were all strangers to one another, but it was good for many who came.

18. kobesgame

kobesgame Fucking C**t Lawyer

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I never have to either. I used to always be jealous of my friends who traveled for work, but once I really thought about the airport/hotel/meetings/dinner with people you don't necessarily like routine, I changed my mind.

19. MTVike

MTVike Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I have a few nephews and friends that travel a lot and make a lot more than I do...but you have to consider time on the road is time spent away from home/family. And living out of a motel/hotel sucks after a short while.

• Like Like x 2
  20. whiskey

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,251

Yeah, that's basically what this was. It was a lot longer than a regular funeral, but honestly hearing so many great stories made the time worth it. At one point Ron's mom stands up and said "ok......these are all great, but no more cop stories!"