• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's that time again!

RoyzBoyz5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get this board rolling!

Let's start with everyone's thoughts on who's going to nab that other post spot next JMM.

I'm going on record and predicting by ACC play Meeks is the man along side JMM. Hicks and Johnson should see significant minutes as well.

SuperGnat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's start with everyone's thoughts on who's going to nab that other post spot next JMM.

I'm going on record and predicting by ACC play Meeks is the man along side JMM. Hicks and Johnson should see significant minutes as well.

RB, football isn't even half over yet...I am too old to multi-task major sports LOL!

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be James. However, I think Meeks and even Hubert are going to see a fair amount of playing time early as the three players play for the spot. Hicks and Johnson will play behind JMM, and will get time at the 4 when Roy moves JMM to the 3 at times.

RoyzBoyz5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be James. However, I think Meeks and even Hubert are going to see a fair amount of playing time early as the three players play for the spot. Hicks and Johnson will play behind JMM, and will get time at the 4 when Roy moves JMM to the 3 at times.

Just curious if your thoughts have changed after seeing the big difference in skill between James and Meeks. As of right now, I'd have to say Meeks at the 5 with Hubert the primary backup. JMM, at least at this point, won't be able to handle the 3 much. Britt is a nice surprise and will see considerable time at the 1 when Paige needs a blow or slides to the 2 spot. My wildcard pick this year is Tokoto snagging the 3 spot. With scorers on the floor, his defensive potential, athleticism, and ability to finish on the break are a nice compliment.

Last edited by a moderator:

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is certainly beginning to look like Meeks will be the starter, but I still expect Hubert and James to both see action especially early. I also expect Roy to continue using JMM at the 3, especially if Hairston and McDonald have to miss any significant time. If UNC goes big it could be a tough matchup for opponents. I think foul trouble will also dictate lineups. Sounds like we should expect alot of fouls early in the year as the refs try to follow the new rules on hand checking. As far as Britt, I think he was overlooked because of his injury and subsequent drop in the rankings. I had previously posted a thread on him. He looks like he will be a quality bacup to Paige. Can't wait for Friday. Hope I can find the game somewhere on TV.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heard any info on PJ or McDonald? Wonder what is going to happen with them.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know but I'm counting on the Heels to kick some ass in the new fangled ACC!

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like UNC is still waiting for the NCAA to make a decision. Both will definitely miss the Oakland game tonight. The incidents related to both players happened months ago, the NCAA is ridiculously slow in coming to conclusions on these type of matters. Given the fact that Johnny Manziel had to sit out the first half of his first game this year, I would think that neither UNC player would get more than a 3-5 game suspension. It has to be frustrating Roy to not know at this point.

Dreezymac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only Oakland so I'm trying not to get overly excited but these young Heels are lookin good. A lot of high percentage shots and more sync than I expected with the new additions Tokoto is showing improvement and Kennedy Meeks is gonna grow into a beast - very aggressive on both ends of the court! I think Joel James only got the start because he has an extra year experience but at this rate, cant be long before Meeks gets that spot. I'm sure Roy will give McDonald the start but we could easily go back to a regular line up with Hairston at the 2 and Tokoto at the 3.

firstchance1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello Tar Heel Nation, firstchance now in the house.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully johnson has a jumpshot and has put on some weight. Still waiting to see when hairston makes it back.

SuperGnat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone heard any info on PJ or McDonald? Wonder what is going to happen with them.

Heard late this week that the NCAA had a recent development in this case and that his decision would be delayed. Don't know if that has anything to do with Falcouns' mother talking to the press or if they discovered PJ was lying. In any event, it doesn't sound like we will know anything soon.

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC will use center by committee. Meeks 18-20 mins, James 14-18 mins, Hubert 5-10 mins. Meeks is the only guy capable of stepping up to grab the minutes, but he looks like he can,t go much past 20 mins.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up Inc family how is everyone

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:Be much better when we hear from NCAA. I know this team is looking pretty good, but will need PJ when they paly the big boys. I know it is his stupid fault and I agree he needs to learn a lesson, but atleats give us a answer so we know what is going to happen.

txtarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ & McDonald not palying again tomorrow. This is a big waiting game to see what is going to happen.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is tokoto gonna be consistent this yr? And why james starting?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PJ & McDonald not palying again tomorrow. This is a big waiting game to see what is going to happen.

I'm expecting Hairston to be out for good. Until I hear otherwise, I'm not getting my hopes up.