• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Over Vent Thread.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for those of us that bought into the "hype " earlier in the season and thought, maybe just maybe they would break the playoff drought.....

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At around June when they were 22-23 games over .500, I pretty much said that if they maintained a .500 record the rest of the way they would probably make the playoffs with 90-92 wins. Pretty sure since then they've been under AND Oakland performing exceptionally well is where we are at today, they caught the M's. Oakland to me is unexpected and with that, unfortunately, this team will not make the playoffs.

Way too many holes and the one run games luck essentially ran out.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the July 4th game where they were going for 9 wins in a row, they lost and have sucked since.

It's the mariner way. Refuse to lose? More like refuse to ever play in the playoffs again.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up years ago expecting to ever see this team in the world series. I'm not saying winning it, just being in it. It's just not going to happen. At least not in my lifetime.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your ceiling as a team is "compete for the 2nd WC and fall short" that's pretty pathetic.

To bad that's the only thing this franchise knows

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your ceiling as a team is "compete for the 2nd WC and fall short" that's pretty pathetic.

To bad that's the only thing this franchise knows
Yeah, I mean the league tried to help them out by creating this stupid second wild card to begin with. They'd have not sniffed the jockstrap of a playoff without it and yet STILL they can't ever reach one.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up years ago expecting to ever see this team in the world series. I'm not saying winning it, just being in it. It's just not going to happen. At least not in my lifetime.
Dave spent about half of his life calling games for the M's and never had the opportunity to call a WS for them. It will eventually be Rick Rizzs too. I'm not expecting any of us to experience a WS in our lifetime either.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At around June when they were 22-23 games over .500, I pretty much said that if they maintained a .500 record the rest of the way they would probably make the playoffs with 90-92 wins. Pretty sure since then they've been under AND Oakland performing exceptionally well is where we are at today, they caught the M's. Oakland to me is unexpected and with that, unfortunately, this team will not make the playoffs.

Way too many holes and the one run games luck essentially ran out.

This is what is so frustrating, they should have just had to float at or slightly above .500, but they have free fallen and Servais seems over his head since the break and Jerry's big moves have hurt the team.

I'm just pissed again they extended both of them then they go and look like clowns right afterwards. Hope Stanton has the balls to can these guys like he did paying off politicians to kill the Sodo Arena.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what is so frustrating, they should have just had to float at or slightly above .500, but they have free fallen and Servais seems over his head since the break and Jerry's big moves have hurt the team.

I'm just pissed again they extended both of them then they go and look like clowns right afterwards. Hope Stanton has the balls to can these guys like he did paying off politicians to kill the Sodo Arena.
Their failure to acquire another arm at the deadline is downright inexcusable. I gave up when I heard no news/rumors. I guess it's too damn difficult when you have no pieces to trade for. And in a typical Mariners fashion, GM and manager gets an extension and they go to shit.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry- apparently I had put this in the wrong thread. I had not seen this thread or I definitely would have put it here.

Nothing new here- just wasted another few hours off and on watching another loss. Starting to feel like the last several years with these guys. They're like a rat traps: you put bait in the traps and set them out and at first you catch some rats. Then you catch less and less rats until you finally figure out you've probably caught most of the rats so you just give up and quit baiting and setting the traps cuz it's just a waste of time. If this organization REALLY wanted to have a post season team, they would put the money where their mouths are. The combo of Dipoto/Servais is not going to do it. Dipoto, with a veteran manager, might be able to make something happen but not totally convinced about him either. With the moves he has and has not made the last 3 years remains questionable IMO and I am not excited to wait for Servais to become a "real" manager. If Dipoto and Scioscia were at each other's throats, why didn't Dipoto fire him instead of looking for a new GM job? Was Dipoto "let go" by the Angel's organization? I remember hearing all kinds of negative stuff about Dipoto from Angel fans when many of them warned about his inability as a GM and how he blew up their farm system. I also find it interesting that Servais was one of Dipoto's #1 scouts before he took the Seattle job and hired Servais for the manager position. If Dipoto would have hired an experienced and seasoned manager I would have a lot more faith in him as the GM. A GM is like a school district superintendent- if he/she hires an incompetent principal at a school, the chances are pretty good that the school will not meet minimal expectations and teachers will either fall in line with the principal's expectations, transfer to another school and/or district, quit, or find another job. If Jerry is such a GREAT GM as some feel his is, why would he put an inexperienced person in probably the most critical key position on the field? 3 years in and we still do not have a half ways decent SP line up. BTW, whatever happened with Iwakuma? He went to the Dodgers, failed the physical then Jerry brought him back to the M's and he did didiiy squat before going out on the DL sometime last year. Is he still in the organization? What about his bringing Ichiro back for a brief stint and then moving him to "assistant to the chairman" position? Just a few issues I have about the GM. I guess I'm just tired of the same old crap year in and year out with this organization. My message to this organization? Actions speak louder than words.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think it will happen either, the M’s farm system is rated as the worst in baseball... Think about this for just a second, the Mariners have had 16 years of top draft picks, and we have the worst farm system ? When is the last time you’ve seen a stud draft pick really shine for the Mariners ? How the &@&$&@ is that possible ? You have to almost actively try to be bad to be this bad ...

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their failure to acquire another arm at the deadline is downright inexcusable. I gave up when I heard no news/rumors. I guess it's too damn difficult when you have no pieces to trade for. And in a typical Mariners fashion, GM and manager gets an extension and they go to shit.

That's the thing though. This deadline a ton of trades happened and there wasn't a ton of top prospects moved, mostly cash, slot money and lower level prospects. They had the ability without touching the top 3.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_inline_ophlznuNa11qz4u07_540.gif

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always next year and the year after that and the year after that...manager/GM change...and the year after that and the year after that. :L

Thank fucking God the Hawks/Huskies start soon. :yes:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im ok with next year and the next.one..but i would think they could get another pitcher by then..

without tradeing the farm away...which they did not do..but at the same time if lewis and white do well next year
they could afford to trade those guys

cuz they have healy..and there outfield is stacked as long as they can resign span and maybin..or even just one of the two
...both would be better

trading away pitching is not a good idea...like all there awsome relief guys ..that are in the minors right now

cuz those guys are better than some of what have at MLB...or will be...so im ok with one more ..to make the playoffs

then ...im going to want a worlds series....and a stable pitching rotation

they cant have that cuz they keep trading away all the good starters they have drafted...and no other team wants

to trade away there good drafted guys....that is BS...i would just start doing what houston does at this point and
and not trade...my starting pitching away

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Stanton has the balls to can these guys like he did paying off politicians to kill the Sodo Arena.

Short answer, "He wont"

This group holds onto GMs years too long rather then admit their mistakes.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullshit

They could acquire a starter if they wanted. They just don't. Dipoto thinks he's smarter then everyone else with acquiring 3 middle relievers.

Look at what the A's did.

They got an actual good reliever (Familia) and a starter (Fiers) without giving up much at all. Not to mention Fiers was a waiver trade that the Mariners could have easily blocked if they wanted to and should have. And Familia would have been ideal for Servais who uses his bullpen in innings roles rather then situationally anyway.

I'm not trying to call you out specifically Cloud but just tired of hearing "they don't have the pieces or they don't have the money"

Always a fucking excuse to not go the extra mile and end this playoff drought.