• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Its NAGY

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the available candidates were from the Andy Reid tree.:sigh:

Almost makes me agree with @richig07 in leaning towards McDaniels.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that didn't take long.... A little nugget to digest:
Vic Fangio's contract officially ends tomorrow. After that he'd be free to sign anywhere. (I think there is a rule that says you can't ask to interview a candidate for the same position while they are still under contract, well you can ask, but can be blocked... only for "higher" positions IE HC, Asst. HC... ect.... The Bears blocked a request for Fangio to interview for the DC job in Cincy.
Now that they have chosen Nagy he can scoop up Fangio before he's a free agent.
I hope this is the case. Don't know much about our new HC yet, but hope springs eternal.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Andy Reid is quoted as saying he is the best he has ever had from his bunch, so as far as coaches in training goes, it looks like the right hire. But Reid so disappoints in the playoffs, so thats the only problem.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admittedly don't know much about him, other than he's the guy who only gave the league's leading rusher the ball 11 times on Saturday against the Titans

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Half the available candidates were from the Andy Reid tree.:sigh:

Almost makes me agree with @richig07 in leaning towards McDaniels.

Rapoport is saying we're negotiating with Fangio today, to make sure midnight does not strike with him not having a deal. He's using the GB job as leverage.

Nagy has loved Trubisky since the draft last year, and said he's willing to retain Vic.

Nagy with the reigns over the offense, and Fangio with total reign over the D. Possibly with an "Assistant HC" label, is more than fine with me.

Smith had far and away the best year of his career.

After McDaniels, Nagy, Schurmur or Flip would have been fine with me. However, Flip going straight from QB Coach to HC is a big jump. I understand the hesitation with McDaniels, as much as I like him. Nagy is a shitty name for a football coach, but I'll take it. lol

Hoping to see Nagy be able to hire his own assistants on offense, with Fangio allowed to do so with the D.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admittedly don't know much about him, other than he's the guy who only gave the league's leading rusher the ball 11 times on Saturday against the Titans

Reid had scheming and play-calling duties, with Nagy preparing to interview for HC jobs.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word is, Nagy help script the first 15 plays... Then play calling moved over to heavy Reid in the second half.

Edit: I like the hire. A lot to like, Offensive mind, did a great job play calling, mixes it up well, utilizes the talent he has. A lot to like.

Also, Bears will/might be a head of the game signing the rest of the staff before they're all grabbed up and we get the left overs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great hire for Trubs. If Fangio stays we are gold. Nagy will call the O side, I bet. Which is great because a good OC would get poached quick and Trubs would start over again.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news about hiring a HC early as well? We get first cracks at assistants.

This a week earlier than we have ever hired a coach in the era of 16 game seasons.

Ditka - January 20th
Wannstedt - January 19th
Jauron - January 24th
Lovie - January 14th
Trestman - January 16th
Fox - January 16th

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of potential to look like KCs offense this year. Think there’s a chance Nagy tries to convert Cohen to a WR ala Hill? I still would like to add a top flight WR, but this offense has a lot of potential. I am eager to see which pieces we add now.

Ice_nine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSgenius, the Bears board are all eagerly awaiting your predictions, or I mean your foresight, to how Nagy will do as coach. BS, this board needs your inteliigence now. Speak.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BSgenius, the Bears board are all eagerly awaiting your predictions, or I mean your foresight, to how Nagy will do as coach. BS, this board needs your inteliigence now. Speak.

To be honest, I don't know much about Nagy. So no prediction on how he'll do. However it won't take me long to see his offense in action before I know for certain.

I was surprised by his selection though. He's been an OC since 2016. That's not very long at all. In fact, reading his resume, he reminds me exactly of Ryan Pace. A guy literally came up through the system from nothing and worked his way up. So you know the guy is a hard worker.

Personally, i admire guys like Nagy and Pace. Everything they have they earned. Got to respect that.

There was a stint in KC where they just stopped running the ball for no reason at all and their offense floundered. I wonder how much of that was Nagy and not Reid.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think there’s a chance Nagy tries to convert Cohen to a WR ala Hill?

No.

Cohen is 5'6... there's probably just a small handful guys who have ever played WR at that height, and it didn't go overly well. Cohen also would not be that fast for a WR. He runs his 40 in the mid 4.4's. Hill ran in the mid 4.2's. Their tool-set is actually not very similar.

The only position Cohen could play is RB. Which is quite fine. He's rather good at it.

Last edited:

Sexual Chocolate

That Boy Good
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of potential to look like KCs offense this year. Think there’s a chance Nagy tries to convert Cohen to a WR ala Hill? I still would like to add a top flight WR, but this offense has a lot of potential. I am eager to see which pieces we add now.

don't try to be "cute" sometimes. i hate this about Reid offenses, he ran an option in the 4th quarter. just run the ball down their throat

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jump right on the bandwagon or off the bridge with Nagy I guess. Looking for the young stud coach like the rams got, ok, I get it, but a guy that chose to interview over prepare for a playoff game does not sit well with me. Yeah, not the answer anyone wanted, but surely expect from an idiot like me. I guess Lovie took play calling away from Rivera in that super bowl and they choked too, but I have heard all kinds of reports from, "An offensive coordinator for Andy Reid does not do much", to trying to find more games that Nagy actually called the plays. Apparently they averaged 15 points when Reid called the plays thru the slump and 29 points when Nagy called the plays. Does anyone know if Nagy did that from the sidelines or the booth? These things matter.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it.
So I made this.