• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's draft day

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the picks themselves were good I didnt like all the moving up. If anything I would have taken Lattimore with our first pick and then moved down in the other rounds. not the opposite, but I think we got good value and didnt reach much so thats good.

I think the Dawkins pick was a reach, but if that was the guy they wanted for RT, they made sure they got him.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dawkins pick was a reach, but if that was the guy they wanted for RT, they made sure they got him.

I thought the same thing. How much better grade did he have compared to the T below him was it worth a third and two fifths. I personally didnt think so but I guess thats why Im not in the draft room.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Whaley and his staff are gone. Don't know if his scouts deserved it, but not sad to see Whaley gone. He has been at odds with every head coach under his tenure, including McDermott.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Whaley and his staff are gone. Don't know if his scouts deserved it, but not sad to see Whaley gone. He has been at odds with every head coach under his tenure, including McDermott.

Letting the scouting staff go honestly might have been a foolish move, the scouts seemed to know what they were doing, they helped build a good roster and find some good players. Whaley just didn't make the best of decisions sometimes, and like you said never seemed to get along with the head coach.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Letting the scouting staff go honestly might have been a foolish move, the scouts seemed to know what they were doing, they helped build a good roster and find some good players. Whaley just didn't make the best of decisions sometimes, and like you said never seemed to get along with the head coach.

Ill have to agree if there is a positive from Whaleys time as GM it was the vast improvement in drafting and player acquisitions. But he seemed like a totally brown noser and backstabber. Like that guy at work that sucks up to the boss and then if something goes wrong he will blame it on the other guy.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill have to agree if there is a positive from Whaleys time as GM it was the vast improvement in drafting and player acquisitions. But he seemed like a totally brown noser and backstabber. Like that guy at work that sucks up to the boss and then if something goes wrong he will blame it on the other guy.

The highlight of the Whaley era is definitely the Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy trade

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highlight of the Whaley era is definitely the Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy trade

Thats true but I think bringing back Incognito was the most important move. Without his I dont think Shady would have had the good years he has in Buffalo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...and the downfall would be signing Tyrod to that contract, then trying to dump him before the contract kicked in at the end of the season. Losing 3 controllable free agents to the Patriots didn't help either.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, a junior high basketball coach could have made the McCoy for Kiko deal.
Taylor being brought in had nothing to do with him though... and that is pretty much the most important part... not only that, but he's done everything in his power to turf Taylor.
There are plenty of talent evaluators capable of being a GM. Whaley didn't bring in anyone who made a difference for us in our playoff hopes.

And the Fred Jackson thing trumps every "good" thing, imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, a junior high basketball coach could have made the McCoy for Kiko deal.
Taylor being brought in had nothing to do with him though... and that is pretty much the most important part... not only that, but he's done everything in his power to turf Taylor.
There are plenty of talent evaluators capable of being a GM. Whaley didn't bring in anyone who made a difference for us in our playoff hopes.

And the Fred Jackson thing trumps every "good" thing, imo.

While I understood that Fred had little left, he deserved better. I was so pissed that day.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats true but I think bringing back Incognito was the most important move. Without his I dont think Shady would have had the good years he has in Buffalo.

That was a good move too

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the downfall would be signing Tyrod to that contract, then trying to dump him before the contract kicked in at the end of the season. Losing 3 controllable free agents to the Patriots didn't help either.

Not only that but the fact that he actually exceeded expectations his first year, and then the second year everything around him falls apart and Whaley attempts to dump him anyway.

Yes, especially two RFA's I don't think any other NFL team has managed to lose 2 RFA's in two years, let alone 2 to your biggest rival, and then one makes a huge impact for that rival on their way to the super bowl.... :L:L:L:L:L:L

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that but the fact that he actually exceeded expectations his first year, and then the second year everything around him falls apart while he still kept the offense in the top 12, and Whaley attempts to dump him anyway.

Yes, especially two RFA's I don't think any other NFL team has managed to lose 2 RFA's in two years, let alone 2 to your biggest rival, and then one makes a huge impact for that rival on their way to the super bowl.... :L:L:L:L:L:L

added a nugget...

SMELL YA LATER WHALEY!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me there's a chance.

Bills Home

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me there's a chance.

Bills Home

Not a lot of promise with this year's UDFA class

Rehkow was a really good punter in college, Schmidt was a good punter in 2015 but wasn't as good last year so Rehkow could push to steal the starting spot

like I said not a lot of promise, which you know is true when the highlight is the punter

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a CB block 13 kicks in a college career (Sayles)? What a freak stat...

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does a CB block 13 kicks in a college career (Sayles)? What a freak stat...

That is insane, Marcus Sayles is from a smaller school so lower competition helps a little bit. Even then...13 blocked kicks...just wow

He could end up being a good addition to our special teams

West Georgia must have had a heck of a year in whatever division of football they play in, they had more players drafted than Georgia did I think.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is insane, Marcus Sayles is from a smaller school so lower competition helps a little bit. Even then...13 blocked kicks...just wow

He could end up being a good addition to our special teams

West Georgia must have had a heck of a year in whatever division of football they play in, they had more players drafted than Georgia did I think.

2 for West Georgia, 1 each for Georgia, Georgia Tech, Georgia Southern, and Georgia State. All were 5th round or later.