• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's draft day

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moment of truth has arrived, now we will wait to see who we pick

Just hoping that it's not a QB

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree if Lattimore falls take him if not Mike Williams. If both are gone trade down and get more picks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree if Lattimore falls take him if not Mike Williams. If both are gone trade down and get more picks.

If not a DB, Foster or Howard wouldn't upset me.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not a DB, Foster or Howard wouldn't upset me.

We are so short on CB and WR I would be a little disappointed if we didnt get one of the top players. We also need picks so I think it would be better served to trade down then pick Howard.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGGRESSIVE trade down, was a bit surprised with Hooker and Howard still on the board. Made for a long wait, but TreDavious White is a solid CB pick at 27. Not sure about scheme fit, as he is more of a press guy, but that's for the new staff to figure out. I was hoping for Jarrad Davis, but he didn't last.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice haul on the trade. White should be decent enough. A Darby type?

Would have liked Foster there though... but his health is obviously a concern.
Howard would have been nice, but that deal was too good to give up.

I'm happy.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the trade haul, we didn't get a steal or anything with our pick but it's a solid one that fills a need.

Only complaint I have is that Hooker fell to us and we traded down to miss out on him, with what it sounded like we had a lot of trade offers and I think we agreed to the deal before we were even on the board. Probably didn't think there was a single chance that Hooker would still be there.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice haul on the trade. White should be decent enough. A Darby type?

Would have liked Foster there though... but his health is obviously a concern.
Howard would have been nice, but that deal was too good to give up.

I'm happy.

I'm glad we didn't take Foster not only his health is a concern but clearly he doesn't even seem capable of passing a drug test. Honestly he reminds me of a player that will fail drug tests on his way out of the NFL. I'm really hoping we luck out and Zay Jones falls to us today.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we didn't take Foster not only his health is a concern but clearly he doesn't even seem capable of passing a drug test. Honestly he reminds me of a player that will fail drug tests on his way out of the NFL. I'm really hoping we luck out and Zay Jones falls to us today.

True....

What are your thoughts on Cam Robinson? Lamp? And T.J. Watt?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well, he didn't fall; but you got your wish! Good call!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion Dawkins after more moving around. I'm liking our picks this year. Also have heard McDermott has "taken over", which I LOVE hearing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've definitely been aggressive to get their guys. I'm not sure they HAD to be that aggressive (esp with Dawkins), but at least they have a definite plan. Still need to find a WILL LB in the 5th round, and maybe Chad Kelly?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True....

What are your thoughts on Cam Robinson? Lamp? And T.J. Watt?

Watt was off the board, Lamp was only a guard he doesn't have the versatility to play tackle like Dawkins did

Cam Robinson would have been a good value in the 2nd round but I'm very iffy on Bama tackles after all the last one we drafted has been a bust and that's before he was found almost naked in a field.

On top of it all Robinson has character issues, he was arrested for a pretty serious charge and received no suspension as well as failing multiple drug tests...again with no suspension.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love our picks so far filling a lot of our needs

Got a much needed corner in the first round

2nd round we got the receiver I wanted, a very good pick by us Zay Jones has the potential to be a top receiver in the NFL

and then we drafted a right tackle and filled our biggest need, if Dawkins pans out we will have the best offensive line we've had since we went to 4 super bowls in a row, that isn't saying too much though because our offensive lines have sucked for years.

We still need a tight end, and there will likely be some very good backup RB options like McNichols or Marlon Mack during the 5th round so picking one of them up would be a good move.

Getting a linebacker and some depth on the defensive line, secondary and receiver is needed

so we won't be able to fill all our needs, we'll have a decent team for about 3 or 4 weeks this year until the usual onslaught of injuries hits

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like our day 3 picks so far

I've been following this draft pretty closely and I have never heard of the guy we drafted with our first pick today

Then we gave away the next pick on a QB, we already have a starter, backup and developmental QB

didn't need to draft a QB this year

and I believe Bucky Hodges a mismatch weapon at tight end was still available, yes he can't block worth a crap but he would have been a better pick

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a bit surprised to see the Peterman pick. Good value, but I really thought they were going with Kelly with their last pick (ended up Mr. Irrelevant to the Broncos).

Matt Milano is a solid pick for Will LB. Wasn't familiar with Vallejo, but sounds like he could provide depth at that position as well.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the picks themselves were good I didnt like all the moving up. If anything I would have taken Lattimore with our first pick and then moved down in the other rounds. not the opposite, but I think we got good value and didnt reach much so thats good.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a bit surprised to see the Peterman pick. Good value, but I really thought they were going with Kelly with their last pick (ended up Mr. Irrelevant to the Broncos).

Matt Milano is a solid pick for Will LB. Wasn't familiar with Vallejo, but sounds like he could provide depth at that position as well.

I didn't know anything about Milano, but obviously I know Vallejo well. He's a fast linebacker and is good in coverage, absolutely flies to the ball. He's undersized though.

Funny story when we played Washington State earlier this year Vallejo did so good in coverage against his receivers that Leach blasted his receivers after the game for being afraid of him.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know anything about Milano, but obviously I know Vallejo well. He's a fast linebacker and is good in coverage, absolutely flies to the ball. He's undersized though.

Funny story when we played Washington State earlier this year Vallejo did so good in coverage against his receivers that Leach blasted his receivers after the game for being afraid of him.

Good to hear!